Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 PM

752 posts, read 1,463,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Hi LIGolf,

My quote was a tad sarcastic and directed to minesbroken who suggested that Huntington Bay had crime and drug problems in an attempt to make Mastic look better. I know several different families in Huntington Bay and the worst problem anyone I know of there has had was with a cleaning woman lifting some jewelery.
I talked to some people and they said....
Why don't you check your facts. I listed the names of the police officers, told you what street I lived on.
cocaine bust
The man lived on flower hill road in Huntington bay, 2 blocks from an elementary school.
don't try so desperately to make your neighborhood look perfect. it isn't.
it used to be my neighborhood too. I never said it was a bad neighborhood.
I never said it was crime ridden
I never said Mastic Beach is better.
I dont care how it looks to other people
I said please dont bash it.
You can clearly read what I said.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:10 PM

44 posts, read 135,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Hi LIGolf,

My quote was a tad sarcastic and directed to minesbroken who suggested that Huntington Bay had crime and drug problems in an attempt to make Mastic look better. I know several different families in Huntington Bay and the worst problem anyone I know of there has had was with a cleaning woman lifting some jewelery.
Ah, yes. Rereading your post, I actually do see that! I felt compelled to respond because the absurdity of the statement - which was your point!

Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 PM

44 posts, read 135,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
Why don't you check your facts. I listed the names of the police officers, told you what street I lived on.
cocaine bust
The man lived on flower hill road in Huntington bay, 2 blocks from an elementary school.
Flower Hill Rd isn't in Huntington Bay, it's in Huntington.

According to the NY Times article you posted, this man lived in Huntington Station - or at least that's where the house with the illicit activity was located. As you lived there for 14 years, can you honestly see a drug den being tolerated in Huntington Bay or the surrounding area? (and I'm not talking about a kid selling pot). It sounds like the police did a fine job breaking up this drug ring, even in Huntington Station - 17 years ago!

Yes, we agree on something - some degree of crime will always rear it's head. There will always be local teens getting into trouble. There will always be someone to break into your car. It's a question of degree - and the degree is pretty petty along Huntington's coast.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:20 AM

752 posts, read 1,463,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGolf View Post
Flower Hill Rd isn't in Huntington Bay, it's in Huntington.

According to the NY Times article you posted, this man lived in Huntington Station - or at least that's where the house with the illicit activity was located. As you lived there for 14 years, can you honestly see a drug den being tolerated in Huntington Bay or the surrounding area? (and I'm not talking about a kid selling pot). It sounds like the police did a fine job breaking up this drug ring, even in Huntington Station - 17 years ago!

Yes, we agree on something - some degree of crime will always rear it's head. There will always be local teens getting into trouble. There will always be someone to break into your car. It's a question of degree - and the degree is pretty petty along Huntington's coast.
I dont know what the relation was to the house on Flower Hill Road but I know That is where they used to meet Ray.
I wasnt really into that sort of thing but my friends were. I used to wait in the car alot.
maybe it was another one of his distributors.

one of his distributors lived on cove road
another on bay drive east
and another on the road on the other side of soundview.
It was 17 years ago, Thats when I lived there.
I didn't say that Huntington bay has a drug problem.
I don't know I don't live there anymore.
I only told of my experience living there and
people started to jump down my throat for it.
I used to sail boats, play tennis and go to the beach there
I used to ride my bike up and down those hills when I was young.
When I was in high school we used to go down the beach to crescent club
to be loud ( the bay hills police were quick to respond to noise)
I loved that area and Mastic isn't the same
I never said it was the same and I certainly never said it was better.
I am glad we could agree on something.
I don't think that a drug ring would be tolerated either
but it can go unnoticed if your not looking for it.
for gods sake some guy in a decent neighborhood in california had a teenage girl living in a tent as a sex slave in his back yard for years and years and had children with her and nobody noticed.
the neighbors thought they were a nice couple.
his parole officer didnt even notice.
people see what they want to see.
We had friends that lived next door to Raymonds...parents house where they made arrests also
they had 2 little girls that are now grown up
they had no idea what was going on next door.
the man was very good at hiding it.
fortunately not good enough.
I hope drugs never return to Bay hills.

I also wasn't aware that when you crossed cove road from bay drive east to flower hill road it
becomes Huntington and not Huntington bay.
I used to live at the other end of flower hill road where it turns into a dirt road and ends up on Huntington bay road also
(after the barrier)
So I apologize for my misinformation
The house in question was a few blocks from Huntington bay not in it.
I didn't mean to offend anyone or start all this trouble,
I was just sharing my experience.
At the beginning I just wanted people to stop spreading negativity about my neighborhood and it turned into all this.
people tell me mastic beach is crime and drug ridden and I say I don't see it, didn't say it isn't here.
I didn't tell people they were wrong and I didn't call it absurd.
Maybe I just haven't lived here long enough.
What I do see is people trying very hard to change a community with a bad rap.
Maybe I'm guilty of what I am accusing other people of and only seeing what I want to see
Maybe you can identify with people who want to make they're area Little nicer and a better place to raise they're children.
I say I remember this whole thing in Huntington bay and people tell me it didn't happen,
it wouldn't be tolerated and its absurd.
I was there and it did happen
that doesn't mean its still that way now...but it did happen.
my mother still lives there.
she never saw it and it never bothered her.

Last edited by minesbroken; 09-09-2009 at 06:48 AM..

Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,741,604 times
Quote:
None of that was the point. and I wasnt asking you I was asking the OP.
Then for the sake of clarity you should reply on the OP's post, not someone else's -- like mine.

Quote:
None of this had anything to do with you, until you chimed in. All I wanted was for people not to bash my neighborhood because its unfair and insensative to the people who live in my neighborhood and all the other towns mentioned.thats all.
You brought up Mastic on a thread which is about towns which have little, if anything, in common with Mastic -- other than the fact that they are all located on LI.

Quote:
Your question has nothing to do with the point, I wasnt bashing huntington bay I was talking about my experience there. I dont care if you dont believe me. I liked it there I just saw more drugs and crime there than here. I didnt say my area was better.
Apparently someone who lives in the area made it clear that the area you described was not Huntington Bay.

Quote:
I didnt even say my area was solid middle upper class.
And yet you managed to weave it into a thread about such. If someone unfamiliar with LI were looking to buy in a 'solid upper middle class' area, inserting Mastic into the thread is a disservice.

Quote:
it was clearly you that brought race into the conversation in your post 14 you didnt just mention "racial diversity" you implied that it was a reason for not being solid upper middle class.
what does that mean?
Since when does racial diversity mean bad? My area is well regarded and has people of many races who live here. People of many races = racial diversity. And as previously mentioned, I am Hispanic therefore I am part of LI's racial diversity. Does that make me bad? It certainly doesn't affect my part of LI.

Quote:
I merely commented on your post ( I did take it to the next level to make a point)
Sensationalizing only serves to trivialize your point.

Quote:
I'm glad that your happy with your neighborhood. I am happy with mine.
Be more careful what you say about someones neighborhood. If for nothing else you may hurt someones feelings.
Kindly show me what negative things I said about Mastic?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,741,604 times
Quote:
cocaine bust
don't try so desperately to make your neighborhood look perfect. it isn't.
it used to be my neighborhood too. I never said it was a bad neighborhood.
I never said it was crime ridden
I never said Mastic Beach is better.
I dont care how it looks to other people
I said please dont bash it.
You can clearly read what I said.
I see LIGolf has corrected the misinformation you attempted to use to malign Huntington Bay.

No one bashed your beloved Mastic. If you feel that the impression people have of Mastic does not actually reflect the community, why not join the local civics and attempt to make things right?

Acta non verba.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread has been completely hijacked and we've spun off topic. This is my last post on it. My apologies to the mod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island