Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,106 times

Advertisements

ill put it to you this way: if you own a boat, then you have to be rich. anyone knows that owning a boat requires spending a lot of money for maintenence and repairs. the old saying goes "it just like throwing money into the ocean". how true.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
ill put it to you this way: if you own a boat, then you have to be rich. anyone knows that owning a boat requires spending a lot of money for maintenence and repairs. the old saying goes "it just like throwing money into the ocean". how true.
I know boat owners who aren't rich. They rent an apartment. Certainly not rich. But they like their boat, so that's what matters to them.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 PM

yes, if you own a boat, its for the love of the ocean. I love the water but cant afford a boat anymore. its sad. I worked on the water all day and It bought back memories.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:14 PM

ask your friends how expensive it is to own a boat. its not cheap.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:14 PM

^^^ I found boats to be unpaid child labor ... HARD labor ... nuff said. I don't want to own one now. If I want to go out on one, I can rent one for the day.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
^^^ I found boats to be unpaid child labor ... HARD labor ... nuff said. I don't want to own one now. If I want to go out on one, I can rent one for the day.

what kind of boat are you talking about? a 6 foot dingy or a 30 foot bay crusier? theres a difference!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:36 PM

53 posts, read 162,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoofonfiya View Post
Wyandanch
Roosevelt
Hempstead
Mastic Beach
Farmingville

I live on Farmingville and love my neighborhood.

Sorry...This thread sucks

Last edited by bajaxtreme; 09-08-2009 at 05:37 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
what kind of boat are you talking about? a 6 foot dingy or a 30 foot bay crusier? theres a difference!
One that you paddle with your feet like the Flintstones.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
One that you paddle with your feet like the Flintstones.

lol....I was going to get one of those for my son before we moved. he wanted one since our neighbor had one. wish I had one when I was a kid!

Pedal Boats

Old 09-08-2009, 06:11 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
When you take people to task because they don't see Mastic Beach to be what you find it to be, you are biased. You haven't shown us anything to support your assertions that Mastic Beach is a 'solid middle upper class' area. You've spewed the rhetoric about who wants to live next to whom. Perhaps you should know who you are responding to.

I am Hispanic and I live in a 'solid upper middle class' area. I grew up in a home where my mother was subjected to racism and where my sibling and I were left out of many goings on because we weren't white -- that was Levittown, FWIW. Please don't try and teach me about bias.

My immediate neighbors are born in China, Poland, Japan, Italy, USA, Serbia, Africa, India, Saudi Arabia. My friends are all colors and are teachers, surgeons, dentists, carpenters, lawyers, corporate execs, SAHMs, doctors, research scientists, university administrators, etc.

Almost everyone is college educated and holds one or more degrees. We have the same values with regard to education and work ethic, and many share the same political ideologies.

A 'solid upper middle class' area tends to have educated individuals, more white collars, and as the trend continues individuals of all races who earn over a certain amount each year. It no longer means Bastion of Whiteness.

It's not about the watch you wear, the car you drive, the restaurant you eat in. ANYONE can lease a Mercedes, BMW, Lexus. There once was a time when having a luxury import meant you were of the means. Not anymore.

Mastic Beach has mix of individuals or all races, educational attainment and income as well. But for some strange reason, not many choose it over the Three Village area. Why is that?

Why do more people prefer the 'crime-ridden' 'drug-infested' Huntington Bay area over Mastic Beach?
First of all I didnt bring race and ethnic backround into it, You did.

Second... I was just making a point, its not the watch or the car or the resturant but usually when your looking for a house then you start with the price. If you said 500,000-750,000 I would say start looking in Huntington, Northport, Cold Spring Harbor maybe Lloyd Harbor. 750 and up Maybe Lloyd Neck, Woodbury Oyster Bay is nice...Maybe the Hamptons? These Area's I know to be Solid Upper Middle Class. Where do you live? Whats your commute like? Do you drive or take the train? Do you have kid's? School district important to you?
See I said all that without bashing mastic
People live there,and theyre on this forum every day.
People should use common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island