Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:11 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
when it comes to things I know, I am right. I dont argue when Im right. I work in the industry. Do you? You see things from the outside, not the inside.
No I just look at things from all sides. I dont claim My one single narrow view to be fact.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:07 PM

228 posts, read 810,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
I dont have any issues with hispanics or any other race. I do have a problem with people entering the country illegally, I do have a problem with illegal labor forces that dont pay taxes, I do have a problem with catering to two languages, People move here and think they dont need to learn english, I wouldnt move to Italy and not learn italian. I wouldnt expect them to change everything because I dont want to learn italian. Personally I think they should go door to door checking social security numbers and if you dont have one you get a free plane ticket. I think we should heal this country first then help everyone else. Right now the US is like that first time home buyer that decided to renovate every room at the same time and ran out of money... Now its just a damn mess and nobody knows where to begin the clean up.

I believe that part of this animosity may come from the rediculous waste of taxpayer dollars on people that dont pay any taxes, On depot road in Huntington station they spent millions of dollars and built a building for Illegal Immigrants to wait for Illegal work with a day care center where our tax dollars take care of their children while they go cheat the government. Why can a non tax paying illegal alien go into a medical facility and get fixed up for free but, Someone who was born here and pays taxes has to have insurance? Send them home or give them social security numbers so they can pay taxes...dont care which. But hiding behind liberal rights and doing nothing isnt working.
There are so many things wrong with this I cant begin to count them.
Wake up people.
You do realize that most undocumented immigrants infact pay taxes. Its almost impossible to survive without paying any form of tax. You can obtain and tax id number very easily. Even if you dont Sales Tax is a regressive tax, which everyone pays equally. Cashiers dont ask for your citizenship status before they charge for your sales tax. Secondly, many people come here and do learn english. It just doesnt make any sense to speak english to people who speak your native language. Third, many americans go abroad and do not learn another language. Most long term American visitors to a country only learn the basic language. Go ask anybody who studied abroad how much language they learned in the process. I think the French and American are the worst at trying to even speak basic phrases in a foriegn country. As for the Original question. I would say Suffolk is more racist than Nassau. Usually, Immigrants start in Queens that go East for in Nassau than Suffolk. White people get afraid and move east one step ahead. So most of the Queens/Nassau racists have relocated to Suffolk.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscape View Post
You do realize that most undocumented immigrants infact pay taxes. Its almost impossible to survive without paying any form of tax. You can obtain and tax id number very easily. Even if you dont Sales Tax is a regressive tax, which everyone pays equally. Cashiers dont ask for your citizenship status before they charge for your sales tax. Secondly, many people come here and do learn english. It just doesnt make any sense to speak english to people who speak your native language. Third, many americans go abroad and do not learn another language. Most long term American visitors to a country only learn the basic language. Go ask anybody who studied abroad how much language they learned in the process. I think the French and American are the worst at trying to even speak basic phrases in a foriegn country. As for the Original question. I would say Suffolk is more racist than Nassau. Usually, Immigrants start in Queens that go East for in Nassau than Suffolk. White people get afraid and move east one step ahead. So most of the Queens/Nassau racists have relocated to Suffolk.
It's very simple, Not paying income tax is ILLEGAL, coming here with no passport, no visa and no permission is ILLEGAL. Staying here after your visa expired is ILLEGAL. Having thousands of people working off the books makes my income tax higher. Stop making excuses for people who break the law. I have to obey the law...everyone has to obey the law. It is what it is. The very second they change that law so we dont have to pay income tax and just anyone can cross the border whenever they feel like it then what your saying will make more sense. If your saying its ok...then I think we should all work off the books and pay only sales tax. Good luck explaining that one to the IRS.
I work as a technician at a retail store and I demo every product I install and at least twice a day I get a guy with bad tags on his window (an indication of an illegal vehicle and perhaps an unlicensed driver) who speaks not a work of english and I cant even do the demo. Face it, its not the fuzzy little world you imagine in your head and there are really big problems in this country that are being ignored on a daily basis because people look the other way. Its time to do something about it.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Default Whose making money by keeping the things the way they are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I have been hearing a lot of talk on the media about Suffolk County being the most racist part of Long Island, and exhibiting lots of hate toward HISPANICS.

It reminds me of Plainfield, New Jersey, up to 10 years' ago, when they were accosting the HISPANICS with bats, and many decent, law-abiding people were seriously hurt, many of them BORN in the US. It wasn't until GERALDO RIVERA began investigating and holding the POLICE responsible for not doing ENOUGH....................

Is this what is happening in SUFFOLK COUNTY? For God's sake, this is NEW YORK STATE, not Fallbrook, California, where the White Aryan Nation leader lives........................
There are alot of issues in this country which have not been addressed for years now, because ORGANIZED SPECIAL INTERESTS GROUPS ARE MAKING TONS OF MONEY keeping them the way they are. Thus any attempt to talk about Social Security reform, Health Care Reform or any other complex issue dies because of scare tactics. Or you are called close minded because you opposed Free Trade.

For instance, a relative of mine, after listening to BS on the radio talk shows actually believes that President Obama is out to kill off elderly people with his Health proposals! Scare tactics brought to you by media big shots being paid under cover by health care companies.

Now in this case we have a County Exacutive finally standing up for the tax paying citizens of his county by asking the Federal government to enforce the law and yet somehow he becomes racist against ALL hispanics? The fact is there are a huge amount of people, from contractors to big business making tons of money off illegal aliens and they will stop at nothing to DISCREDIT ANY OPPOSITION by playing the race card.

Thus, if you oppose unknown people with a possible criminal background, and no stake in your community, coming into your town ILLEGALLY from another nation --- this makes you a racist.

Pretty effective tactic for a long time now but people are finally starting to stand up. This is a DEMOCRACY and we are supposed to be debating the issues, not cowered into not saying anything by false accursations.

Last edited by LINative; 09-04-2009 at 07:21 PM..

Old 09-04-2009, 10:06 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,324,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The Southern Poverty Law Center came out with a report saying that Latino's on LI "Live in Fear"

Now every news station, newspaper, etc, is running a story about this report, which from what I can see gets its evidence from interviewing a few dozen Hispanics and asking them if they've ever felt threatened here, and to a few news reports with comments attributed to a couple of local politicians who basically made off the cuff remarks about violence against illegal immigrants.

However, the attacks on Levy, who simply wants to curb illegal immigration, are given no evidence, yet he gets slandered regularly by the Hispanic lobby as a racist. There is a lot of emotion in this issue, and not much truth coming from either side.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/03/ny...uffolk.html?em
I'm glad I havent watched the news much in the past week. It really annoys me to no end how folks against these illegal day laborers are labeled racist. The media just jumps on it but always forget to mention the crime and disease they bring. I'd like to put these media heads in these communities and have them deal with the problems first hand.
After less than a week they'll be freaking out. Its very easy to call someone a racist when you live in a gated community.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boan View Post
Those who hire illegals should be prosecuted, they caused this problem.
It would be the first step to this problem. But it seems no one does anything. There's laws on the books already, they just need to be ENFORCED.
But I guess the political hacks are too influenced by big business. And big business will do anything to keep these guys here.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Look, I am an immigrant ; been here, over 20 years and am from Europe. BUT the difference is that I stayed here, made a life for myself here, didnt have children until I could afford them, didnt walk the streets begging for MY rights, didnt beg from the government.

BUT the difference between the immigrants these days is that they want everything for nothing, want to be treated like an American Citizen but meanwhile are breaking the laws, looking for the easy street. It is not easy to be a immigrant, but if you work hard, stay out of trouble, dont beg from teh governement and proove that you are willing to work your way up here.

If you ask anyone in the Pat/Med school district ; the illegal immigrants there who are children, parade around saying they dont need a license, dont need insurance etc. Now what law abiding citizen would not be angry if you saw this day in day out and nothing being done about it.

The Reverend that was on the news last night didnt speak english ; his son translated for him. This is awful ; it is an english speaking country ; most people that come from across the pond learn the language very quickly and can speak it better than us ; How come the illegals that come from South of the border cannot do the same thing!!!
It's because their ALLEGIANCE isnt to our country. They always fly flags from their home countries. Just today I saw 2 day laborers on the bus with Mexican Flag stickers on their backpacks. They dont want to assimilate, they want to take over. And so far...they are succeeding.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
actually, its the homeowners who want the cheapest contractor THUS the contractors must find the cheapest workers. too bad theres no union on long island.
I think Homeowners who use contractors who hire illegals should share in the punishment too. Many of them are quite aware the workers are illegals and simply dont care. Once the fines start coming they'll change their tune!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
yes but at the same time...a lot of illegals do jobs we wouldn't want to do...sanitation, house cleaning, cleaning bathrooms etc. etc. I don't agree with illegals being here, but at least someone can do those kind of jobs us law-abiding citizens don't want to do.
Who did those jobs before they came? Legal immigrants and citizens. And the pay and benefits was decent, but now they want to pay such low wages and no benefits with no safety only someone with no standards would do the work, and the illegal alien has no standards.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 PM

228 posts, read 810,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
It's very simple, Not paying income tax is ILLEGAL, coming here with no passport, no visa and no permission is ILLEGAL. Staying here after your visa expired is ILLEGAL. Having thousands of people working off the books makes my income tax higher. Stop making excuses for people who break the law. I have to obey the law...everyone has to obey the law. It is what it is. The very second they change that law so we dont have to pay income tax and just anyone can cross the border whenever they feel like it then what your saying will make more sense. If your saying its ok...then I think we should all work off the books and pay only sales tax. Good luck explaining that one to the IRS.
I work as a technician at a retail store and I demo every product I install and at least twice a day I get a guy with bad tags on his window (an indication of an illegal vehicle and perhaps an unlicensed driver) who speaks not a work of english and I cant even do the demo. Face it, its not the fuzzy little world you imagine in your head and there are really big problems in this country that are being ignored on a daily basis because people look the other way. Its time to do something about it.
You never worked a summer job or as a kid off the books. Do you make sure your babysitter pays income tax on the money you give her. They are doing a job that other people do not want to do. Their are not many documented workers who are lining up to be exploited. They provide a service to you. Most of them do their business and thats it. I dont think I live in Fuzzy world. I live in reality. I accept the situation. If you make laws banning the hiring of them. Then you have at least 10 million homeless people begging on the street. You can let them work and go about their business or have them beg on the streets. The choice is yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island