Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2007, 06:28 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Voodoo on Saturday night was great! It was called Wonderama on Thursday nights, and Caffiene on Fridays. Also, Spies on Rte. 110 was good, and of course the one side of Malibu's was decent.
I have this strange feeling we may actually know each other!!!!
Was that you sitting under the toilet seat on the chain link fence, at Spize, (yeah, that really was the decor!) all in black, with too much black eyeliner?
Or, was it me?!?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 07:13 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,673,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Voodoo on Saturday night was great! It was called Wonderama on Thursday nights, and Caffiene on Fridays. Also, Spies on Rte. 110 was good, and of course the one side of Malibu's was decent.

Beefsteak Charlie's... free beer, wine, or sangrea with your meal.
Beefsteak Charlies! I went there with a girlfriend of mine, then we went to a concert...that was...1977?

Good Lord, I'm an old you-know-what.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:35 AM

480 posts, read 2,831,233 times
Nah, I never sat under the toilet. I was always bent over it hurling up my gin and tonic.

To clarify, I went to Spies II. I never went to the first one. LOL (or is it spelled Spize?)

I heard Nine Inch Nails for the first time there. Other greats: Front 242, Ministry, Lords of Acid, Sister's of Mercy, etc, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
I have this strange feeling we may actually know each other!!!!
Was that you sitting under the toilet seat on the chain link fence, at Spize, (yeah, that really was the decor!) all in black, with too much black eyeliner?
Or, was it me?!?!?!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 PM

330 posts, read 1,978,910 times
Default Big Barry's

I didnt have the patience to go back and read all the posts, but did anybody mention " Big Barry's" ? I'm pretty sure thats what took over " The Ground Round" In Huntington , on Jericho and Dix hills rd.

Are all the Big Barrys gone?

Old 03-16-2007, 11:03 PM

332 posts, read 1,627,470 times
Summer nights on the Freeport waterfront anyone?
Tides
Ottos
The Helm
Ehrharts
Any of those still there?

Old 03-17-2007, 07:26 AM

991 posts, read 4,623,121 times
Yes, big barrys is gone,The one in Lake Grove was Pomedorinos for a while which I thought was gross.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:20 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,809,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgennaro View Post
This is the best thread. I remember riding the merry go round at Nunleys and trying to grab the rings....the gold one got you a free ride!! Do you remember when Hammerheads was February's?? My cousins band played there all the time!! I lived at Sparx, Spit and Industry (used to be the Rock Pile in Island Park). Loved getting Zorns (still there woo hoo). I loved shopping at Busy Bee although it smelled like B.O. all the time. Loved going to Safety Town in Hempstead. So much has changed and I'm still here!!! LOL

Awesome, I remember playing Skee Bll at Nunleys. How about summer day camps? Anybody remember Camp DeBaun, Bar H, Camp Coleman or Merrick Woods? I know Bar H is gone, how about the others?

Old 03-17-2007, 02:39 PM

536 posts, read 1,194,861 times
i used to love the big barrys in lake grove. was a shame to see it go.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 7,264 times
Default I also grew up on LI

Hello Virginia Farm Girl,
I joined this site so I could contact you. I also grew up in MAssapequa in 50s. Went to Berner; you probably went to MHS? When did you graduate?

I also moved to the Blue Ridge Mtns in the early 70s and stayed until 1990. Lived in Roanoke, Buchanan, and finally a little valley near Paint Bank (over Potts Mountain). Loved it; miss it. We must have crossed paths?! Taxes at the time on 360 acres (mostly woods) was under $600.

I'm in CT now and plan to go back to the South in a couple of years.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:33 PM

73 posts, read 265,385 times
Hey Jake.....just passed Camp DeBaun last week and it hasn't changed a bit!!! Not sure of the other ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island