Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,510,346 times

Advertisements

There's only ceratain areas that are bad. The Mafia is migrating out there more. Some towns are basically New York's Compton. Outside the city, terrible crime but at least Compton can decrease crime rates unlike New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,628,646 times
Exclamation wow-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
That's just the small friendy cartoon drawing bit fed to the Sheeple
A small city, housing for millionares and a Coliseum on 77 acres and you think it stop there once started ?
We already have this crap its called Great Neck Plaza and it's bad enough directly above a 2 track LIRR line WITHOUT a 22,000 seat arena, Aquarium and Zoo.

The Meadowbrook parkway is heavy or jammed from M3 Roosevelt field to M5 East on a normal day. Let alone this thing and a Coliseum who did the studies Jerry Lewis ?
100%. We already have the world largest parking lot its called the LIE.

Here is the rest of the song not in Newsday or NYT
Proof how crazy and sick detrimental Suozzi and his "friends" are. The complex will also include a Zoo, Aquariuman, 11 office buildings (5-10 floors high) and connections to towns he calls "Islands" Monorails, a Bus terminal, a new An intra-island rail system.(No doubt this will run on the old LI Motor Parkway ROW, currently owned by LIPA to supply power to the old NHP Sperry plants)
This guys crazy, Nassua County gov will take more peoples homes then Robert Moses and Aldorf Ratner (Atlantic Yards) put together !!
Read the stuff in the .PDF's Newsday doesnt print.

Check out this thread of info
http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5686
What is going to happen to the people living in houses there? Went back last year and hardly recognized the area. Traffic was bad.

sunny

Old 04-26-2007, 02:27 PM

20 posts, read 109,975 times
I saw a few mentions of the HUB and the Coliseum. Is there another thread devoted to that? If not I'll create one.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 PM

138 posts, read 601,593 times
I love it here. It is NOT as bad as you or some others may think. It's wonderful here and YES there is BAD issues everywhere not just LI.

I think LI is a great place to live and raise a family. I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,118,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Oh yeah, by the way...Nassau Hub is 77 acres of basically parking lots surrounding Nassau Coliseum. Now, I do not want LI to be like NYC, but some more, concentrated commericial development is the key to the future. Homeowners need to be able to lean on that.

I mean...does this look terrible...

http://www.lighthouseli.com/ (broken link)
That looks great, cant wait until it is built. Hopefully it will be well maintained and troublemakers will not ruin it for us.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 PM

491 posts, read 830,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
There's only ceratain areas that are bad. The Mafia is migrating out there more. Some towns are basically New York's Compton. Outside the city, terrible crime but at least Compton can decrease crime rates unlike New York.
I will live in a town with a well structured Italian alliance ANYDAY over other multicultural nuthouses like Queens and Great Neck where some truly AWFUL people run wild.

If any so called "MAFIA" still exists... god bless what left of them and the cops know it.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:41 PM

43 posts, read 192,106 times
yea its pretty bad, but not much has changed since 10 yrs ago. racists like yourself are still around. traffic is still there. greedy people always wanting more and not willing to contribute anything like the leeches they are. yep, all the things that make long island a great place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
Ok here we are in Jan 207. I moved away from Long Island over 10 years ago, back then it was a nalice place to live in my opinion, but from reading these chat boards it souonds as if Long Island is a horrible place now.

I'm reading rising crime, Illegal Aliens, Traffic day & night, low paying salaries on LI, high taxes, low job growth,high utilty costs, expensive housing, and a corruption problem?

If thats all true why stay?

So is it really that bad? Has it changed so much?

Any info helps.

Thanks

Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 AM

51 posts, read 193,188 times
Default LI-dont miss it

I grew up on Long Island through the 70's and graduated from massapequa in '90. I don't regret one second leaving. Year after year it gets more and more crowded and dirty. My grandmother still lives there and it is no longer the long island I remember as a child. I would never consider living there again or raising my children there. It has become one big mess i think. Back when I was younger you would drive down sunrise hwy into suffolk get to bohemia and it was like the country. Now even suffolk counnty has become overcrowded as well...

Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,662,267 times
Overcrowded...where do you live?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:10 AM

51 posts, read 193,188 times
grew up in massapequa now live in rockland, lower hudson valley..also becoming super crowded, especially since 9/11
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island