Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2021, 08:51 AM

5,047 posts, read 3,953,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
Different stats in NY!!!

The breakthrough case percentage is more like 40-50 percent if you have a high school education and you can read and do your own research

Governor HocHELL is lying

https://www.news10.com/news/why-aren...eing-reported/

Albany County reported 49% of new COVID cases were in fully vaccinated residents Tuesday.
Even the vax-happy now admit vaxxed folks are infected and spread (to vaxxed and unvaxxed people) with great regularity. Which means vax passports (purportedly established to prevent the vaxxed from getting infected) no longer pass the giggle test.

And because the widespread vaccine works in terms of severe illness and death, vaxxed folks should have no fear of infections (from the vaxxed and the unvaxxed).

Not to mention the natural immunity 100M+ Americans have.

We’re done with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 09:33 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,081 times
Quote:
Delusional rants aside, this person actually wrote "HocHELL," theoretically had time to look it over, and somehow still concluded it was witty enough to post ad nauseam. Mega cringe.

Old 10-20-2021, 10:54 AM

874 posts, read 728,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
Delusional rants aside, this person actually wrote "HocHELL," theoretically had time to look it over, and somehow still concluded it was witty enough to post ad nauseam. Mega cringe.

Let's get serious, NY is already a living hell with her Vaccine mandates

Think about it, she's got NY in a never ending cycle of booster shots

We already saw her fire 30,000 in NY with her mandate, now that everyone has complied when she says boosters will be mandatory, everyone who wants to keep their job will have to take it

Or forced to be fired.

And now she is taking about mandatory vaccines for the kids

If this isn't a living hell for you, then what is?

Not only that she's obviously lying about the breakthrough cases, as data from every other state in america shows the true breakthrough rate at 40-50 percent

But she can NEVER say this as it goes against her Vaccine mandate

The excuse will be the Vaccine wore off when all data comes out and they can't hide it anymore when the Vaccinate get sick this winter

They will claim you need a booster, and they will claim it's proof you need a booster

Are you cringing yet?

Last edited by broke&30; 10-20-2021 at 11:12 AM..

Old 10-20-2021, 11:06 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
I agree. I had posted "Ho hum" instead of Hochul because I thought it was witty. Go ahead and cringe if you feel a need.

Hell is at least exciting with the possible promise of naughty pleasures. Gov HoHum is not in any way either exciting or a pleasurable experience.

I still think "HoHum" is wittier than "HocHELL" but everyone is entitled the their opinion.

Old 10-20-2021, 01:32 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,149,301 times
Quote:
Different stats in NY!!!

The breakthrough case percentage is more like 40-50 percent if you have a high school education and you can read and do your own research

https://www.news10.com/news/why-aren...eing-reported/

Albany County reported 49% of new COVID cases were in fully vaccinated residents Tuesday.
Big difference between breakthrough cases and deaths. You were claiming 40 percent of deaths were vaccinated people in the post I responded to. Now you are talking about breakthrough cases.

You gotta keep your rants consistent

Old 10-20-2021, 01:50 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Even the vax-happy now admit vaxxed folks are infected and spread (to vaxxed and unvaxxed people) with great regularity. Which means vax passports (purportedly established to prevent the vaxxed from getting infected) no longer pass the giggle test.

And because the widespread vaccine works in terms of severe illness and death, vaxxed folks should have no fear of infections (from the vaxxed and the unvaxxed).

Not to mention the natural immunity 100M+ Americans have.

We’re done with this.
This. The only moral/reasonable purpose of mandates would be to prevent the spread. Since we now know the vaccines do not do that, there's no longer any excuse for mandates.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:33 PM

874 posts, read 728,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Big difference between breakthrough cases and deaths. You were claiming 40 percent of deaths were vaccinated people in the post I responded to. Now you are talking about breakthrough cases.

You gotta keep your rants consistent

Governor said only 1% of covid cases are breakthrough

I posted a link from Albany that showed 40% of their cases are from fully vaccinated people

Is it a rant to say the governor is lying? I might be the only one who can count here and do math.

I might be broke but I'm not Stupid

Either way, the governor is lying to justify here vaccine mandate

Can you imagine if she told the truth? Her entire narritive for the mandatory vaccine is pretty much falling apart

Here is the the cdc saying 40% of the dead are fully vaccinated

Now that's is different from breakthrough cases but it's around the same percentage in Albany, which is 40%

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ghtrailsticky1

Speaking during an interview with Fox News Monday afternoon, former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield said that more than 40 percent of people who have recently died from Wuhan coronavirus in Maryland were fully vaccinated.
"A lot of times people may feel it's a rare event that fully vaccinated people die. I happen to be the senior advisor to Governor Hogan in the state of Maryland. In the last 6-8 weeks, more than 40 percent of people who died in Maryland were fully vaccinated," Redfield said, responding to the death of former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

Last edited by broke&30; 10-20-2021 at 05:45 PM..

Old 10-20-2021, 05:49 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,149,301 times
Quote:
Governor said only 1% of covid cases are breakthrough

I posted a link from Albany that showed 40% of their cases are from fully vaccinated people

Is it a rant to say the governor is lying? I might be the only one who can count here and do math.

I might be broke but I'm not Stupid

Either way, the governor is lying to justify here vaccine mandate

Can you imagine if she told the truth? Her entire narritive for the mandatory vaccine is pretty much falling apart
I responded to your Maryland link.

Regarding this post, I agree that it is probably a lot more than 1 percent of the cases breaking through. The vaccines are about 60 percent effective in preventing transmission of the virus. That fact coupled with the large number of vaccinated who are losing effectiveness of vaccine each month would make one think a large number of cases would breakthrough.

I still think the vaccines are worthwhile to reduce of hospitalization (so far remaining in 80% success rate), but I do question whether a mandate should be used. I would prefer financial incentives like unvaccinated pay more in premiums and cops who are unvaccinated and die of covid don't get line of duty death pay.

Personally I think covid vaccines are being used as a stop gap until the oral antivirals are approved.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:06 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,143,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Personally I wouldn’t trust any stats any news organization published. I mean do you really trust journalism majors to understand math and science?

Old 10-20-2021, 06:09 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,143,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Duh , he had freakin cancer…..it didn’t take much to do him in. A cold could have got to him.

My wife’s first husband died of the same cancer , Multiple myeloma impairs the body’s ability to fight infection.

So another pretty pathetic spin there broke and 40
You mean like a good portion of the original 500,000 to die?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island