Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 09:29 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,898,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Classic LI hypocrisy. "Arlington is booming." Yeah, cause Arlington is a top benefactor of the DC swamp. If someone ACTUALLY wanted to drain the swamp (no one does), Arlington would become Lindenhurst.
Where is our Arlington? And all the surrounding areas seeing growth at little cost to taxpayers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2020, 07:54 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,828,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Where is our Arlington? And all the surrounding areas seeing growth at little cost to taxpayers...
Nimby's 'don't want no' [sic] Arlington's around here. It would damage Kate Murray's "unique suburban character." Arlington's growth is being paid for by helicopter swamp money, national as well as local taxes and a pro-growth environment. LI is more concerned with dueling chinese made Trump flags and the tyranny of face masks. Growth just means traffic and more illegal apartments to the LI nimby hordes, notorious for not seeing the big picture and voting against their own financial interests. Who needs high tech and those jobs when you can get Jakes 58 and those jobs?!

Old 12-01-2020, 09:04 PM

186 posts, read 218,235 times
There is nothing good about long island. Expensive, bad weather, rude people, no jobs. It's so hard to date here. Lots of married people here on lonely island. I hope it's better down south in terms of dating. It's depressing on long island

Old 12-01-2020, 10:04 PM

297 posts, read 196,790 times
Make money in NYC, spend it elsewhere. LI is caught in between. If you're wondering why everything sucks here, remember that people never came to America for a better life. They came for money. They make $$ here and spend it elsewhere. What remains here is a hell hole.

Taxes are high but so are incomes. Who suffers? The person who doesn't kick the can down the road.

Old 12-02-2020, 08:28 AM

690 posts, read 586,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Nimby's 'don't want no' [sic] Arlington's around here. It would damage Kate Murray's "unique suburban character." Arlington's growth is being paid for by helicopter swamp money, national as well as local taxes and a pro-growth environment. LI is more concerned with dueling chinese made Trump flags and the tyranny of face masks. Growth just means traffic and more illegal apartments to the LI nimby hordes, notorious for not seeing the big picture and voting against their own financial interests. Who needs high tech and those jobs when you can get Jakes 58 and those jobs?!
And dont forget, all the new jobs at the new islanders stadium! Surely all of those who get hired will be able to afford a starter home, right here in Nassau!

Old 12-02-2020, 09:42 AM

226 posts, read 129,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer232 View Post
There is nothing good about long island. Expensive, bad weather, rude people, no jobs. It's so hard to date here. Lots of married people here on lonely island. I hope it's better down south in terms of dating. It's depressing on long island
I actually moved here because I found it nearly impossible to find anyone to date in my previous address. While it was hard to find many dates literally "here" on Long Island, the pool is obviously considerably larger if you're willing to travel to the city. That said, I understand that covid can reduce willingness to travel compared to before.

Old 12-02-2020, 12:37 PM

85 posts, read 60,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
I actually moved here because I found it nearly impossible to find anyone to date in my previous address. While it was hard to find many dates literally "here" on Long Island, the pool is obviously considerably larger if you're willing to travel to the city. That said, I understand that covid can reduce willingness to travel compared to before.
Hard to date? If LI has one thing, it is filled with beautiful people for the most part who are mostly active, fitness minded and take pretty good care of themselves...

Have you spent anytime in other states or anywhere slightly rural? Try and date up in the woods of vermont and see what you get

Old 12-02-2020, 01:15 PM

226 posts, read 129,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx313 View Post
Hard to date? If LI has one thing, it is filled with beautiful people for the most part who are mostly active, fitness minded and take pretty good care of themselves...

Have you spent anytime in other states or anywhere slightly rural? Try and date up in the woods of vermont and see what you get
I think you misread my post. I tried to date up in the woods of a state like Vermont. Didn't go so well. That's why I moved to LI.

That said, my ratio of dates in the city to those on LI were like 3-to-1. If you find it easier, well,

Old 12-02-2020, 01:59 PM

85 posts, read 60,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
I think you misread my post. I tried to date up in the woods of a state like Vermont. Didn't go so well. That's why I moved to LI.

That said, my ratio of dates in the city to those on LI were like 3-to-1. If you find it easier, well,
Sorry was replying to earlier post where they stated was hard to date

Old 12-02-2020, 03:28 PM

1,107 posts, read 553,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer232 View Post
Oh, give me a break! You've been singing the same old song here on C-D for MORE THAN 8 YEARS now. No jobs, too expensive, nasty people, you're moving to Tampa, yada yada yada. No wonder you can't find a date. If you haven't made any changes to better your own circumstances in 8 years, then Long Island isn't the problem -- your attitude is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island