Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 04:58 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,855,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
FAKE NEWS

"He placed several sparklers inside a metal tube and secured the tube in a flower pot to make it stand upright."

"sending pieces of shrapnel flying"

THE MAN MADE A PIPE BOMB AND KILLED HIS KID.

No way that pipe sent pieces of shrapnel flying unless he purposely plugged it for no other purpose then building pressure and creating an explosion. I am sure he told the cops THAT. Wonder what else he put in the pipe.

A sparkler did not kill that kid, a moron did.
The moron used sparklers. The same sparklers that cause burns and blindness every year. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 05:59 PM

247 posts, read 181,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The moron used sparklers. The same sparklers that cause burns and blindness every year. Get over it.
Ya sure a sparkler just magically turned into TNT and tore metal apart sent it flying, sure it did. The laws of physics and chemistry that define the universe just suddenly malfunctioned that day.

Every year I bring fireworks to long island. NOTHING makes lighting them more fun then knowing it gets under the skin of the control freaks who try and ban them.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:00 PM

20,097 posts, read 20,903,532 times
I personally, can't wait until they ban bicycles and slinkys.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:46 PM

5,296 posts, read 4,780,017 times
Quote:
You don't see the younger people cause they are all stuck in their parents basements. Its like they hate young people and made a war on fun to express that hate.

"Jul 2, 2018 - Long Island Bans Sparklers, Citing Safety. Sparklers are now illegal across Long Island this Fourth of July. Both Nassau and Suffolk Counties passed laws this year that adds sparklers to the list of fireworks that are now illegal to use. Using a sparkler in either county can result in a $500 fine."

Its like they truly hate us, the LI government cartel is not happy simply stealing almost every dollar we make, its like those vile creatures posing as humans sit around and just think of ways screw screw and screw us. Everything remotely fun they have to attack. It really is like they hate us and take Joy in their oppression.

"Citing Safety" I was down south this forth for obvious reasons and they sell fireworks in the supermarket ! Firework stores everywhere in the south, selling the real fun stuff. Everyone had a ball where I was no one got hurt from a sparkler. Us 60s and 70s kids remember the M-80s , blockbusters and pineapples... Those could be called unsafe. <<<<< !!!! Ba Boooom !!!!>>>>> Fun though.

I put the money together to get out of NY, I am gone I could live at least 2 years no job if need be. I so want the few family members I still have in NY to split too but they are scared of change.

I will miss boating in LI sound, LI itself is a nice piece of land on this earth. Shame those vile creatures rule and ruined the place.
Lol another poster who hates LI because he can’t ride a 4 wheeler on the beach while shooting a shotgun into the air and tossing M-80s

Old 07-30-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I personally, can't wait until they ban bicycles and slinkys.

Bicycle Ban On Long Island's North Fork Met With Mixed Opinions ...

When Will Albany Finally Legalize Electric-Assist Bicycles ...

Make some memes, its more fun then just typing it

Old 07-30-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol another poster who hates LI because he can’t ride a 4 wheeler on the beach while shooting a shotgun into the air and tossing M-80s

Another poster who bases his entire self worth on what the neighbors think of his stupid lawn.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:20 PM

20,097 posts, read 20,903,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Sigh...I miss the good ole days.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:07 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,855,356 times
Quote:
Ya sure a sparkler just magically turned into TNT and tore metal apart sent it flying, sure it did. The laws of physics and chemistry that define the universe just suddenly malfunctioned that day.

Every year I bring fireworks to long island. NOTHING makes lighting them more fun then knowing it gets under the skin of the control freaks who try and ban them.
A true revolutionary - that'll show 'em.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:30 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,174,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TownDweller View Post
Thanks for the helpful replies so far. So to clarify further, I'm really looking for towns to consider and some to rule out. I see us landing around the middle or the Western part of LI, definitely not far out in Suffolk.

We could do an apartment, townhome or SF, depends on what fits the requirements best. We'll be downsizing in any case from what we are in now. So if anyone has thoughts on what property type is likely to be available and in a suitable area that would be a help also. I really don't know what the housing stock is like other than SF.

Your wish list will make it challenging to find something within your stated budget. The rental market is very tight, especially new and/or updated units/homes/condos. Occasionally, something could come up in the Huntington area, but you might have to increase your budget a bit.

If you have pets, it'll make it even more difficult.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:43 AM

5,296 posts, read 4,780,017 times
Quote:
Another poster who bases his entire self worth on what the neighbors think of his stupid lawn.
Thx! I do have the best lawn on the block
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island