Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 01:12 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times

Advertisements

How many murders were there in any three of the Mastic neighborhoods so far this year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 01:18 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
Crime is way down on the list of reasons Mastic will never be a desirable place to live.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Crime is way down on the list of reasons Mastic will never be a desirable place to live.
You rather live in a desirable neighborhood with high crime?

Seems like Long Islanders just don't like the Mastics in order to support their superiority complexes. They don't seem to have evidence as to why they don't like the place. Maybe they just need an excuse to justify paying their dumb high taxes for their boring suburban neighborhoods.

Can't wait to get my boat and my Jeep 4x4. Off-roading on Fire Island and taking the boat out across the bay to the beach. Life is good out in the Mastics.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:33 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
You rather live in a desirable neighborhood with high crime?

Seems like Long Islanders just don't like the Mastics in order to support their superiority complexes. They don't seem to have evidence as to why they don't like the place. Maybe they just need an excuse to justify paying their dumb high taxes for their boring suburban neighborhoods.

Can't wait to get my boat and my Jeep 4x4. Off-roading on Fire Island and taking the boat out across the bay to the beach. Life is good out in the Mastics.
2 months out of the year...ok ,maybe 3.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
2 months out of the year...ok ,maybe 3.
Your right. Maybe I need a snowmobile too. I hear there is pretty good cross country skiing in the wildlife refuge. Maybe do some turkey hunting while out there. At least I'll be close enough to the North Fork for pie and wine.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Ooh snowmobiles

Cant do that in NYC

Wait until they find out

And more employers are letting ppl work from home now too

LoL
True that. A lot of offices are going the desk share route where you only have to be at the office a couple days a week, and the rest you work remotely or from hoteling space.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I know Mastic is Suffolk County

I said Nassau because they had like 10 murders this year - Suffolk even less, so why mention it

I grew up like 5 mins from 5 Towns, I know my geography for the record ;-)
I looked it up. Suffolk had 12 murders. So a couple more than Nassau. But they were mostly to the west of the Mastics like in Brentwood, Bellport, Patchogue, etc... probably MS-13 crap. As for the Mastics, none of that gang stuff. Just poor people looking for a place to live with the rest of Long Island bashing on them for personal humor. But don't worry, the joke will be on them when the Mastics become too expensive and they'll have to move next door to plain old Long Island folk in Hicksville, Levittown, Babylon, etc... If they already own in Mastic they may sell out and have enough money to buy in Western Suffolk. The opportunities are endless.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:25 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
But don't worry, the joke will be on them when the Mastics become too expensive and they'll have to move next door to plain old Long Island folk in Hicksville, Levittown, Babylon, etc... If they already own in Mastic they may sell out and have enough money to buy in Western Suffolk. The opportunities are endless.
Its friggin hysterical that you keep talking to yourself in this thread about how big the Mastics are going to be!

You might as well start your own Mastic thread, that way no one will lose sight of how you are going to single-handedly turn the town around. I mean seriously, you're missing so many potential viewers by responding in this thread.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:53 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Those who sit around and laugh at the innovators always say "why didn't I think of that"? G Dale has it right. Beachfront property. All it needs is investment and a vision. Mastic will change. The conditions are ripe for creating a water based community.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
Its friggin hysterical that you keep talking to yourself in this thread about how big the Mastics are going to be!

You might as well start your own Mastic thread, that way no one will lose sight of how you are going to single-handedly turn the town around. I mean seriously, you're missing so many potential viewers by responding in this thread.
If I build it, they will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island