Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:38 AM

991 posts, read 4,622,902 times

Advertisements

whois paying for the gas line installation? Us through another surcharge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 09:50 AM
PTK

45 posts, read 153,466 times
LIPA is paying for it but they are going to add another surcharge, I am not sure if they are going to add the surcharge when they are installing it or when the project is finish. Like LIPA is not expensive enough they have to add more surcharges.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 AM

2 posts, read 8,128 times
The immigrant problem is mostly limited to hundreds of workers congregating at 7-11's on Portion road by Ocean ave every mornig. These people are polite and behaved.
My children, ages 14 and 16 attend Sachem North High School. They are involved, get good grades and have made many GOOD friends. My house is 2500 sq. ft., taxes are $7000.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 AM

991 posts, read 4,622,902 times
I did not say that Sachem was a bad district, I know a lot of kids that do well that go there, but my point was that in some areas the taxes seemed a little ridiculous and there are other districts that are just as good. The immigrant problems are all over Suffolk and Nassau, and the problem is not them , it is how alot of the towns handle the situations, and the landlords that squeeze them into deplorable conditions! If I was misread about Sachem I apogize.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 AM

3 posts, read 12,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Personal experiences? Teenagers don't look for personal experiences, they look for less homework.
How can you say teens don't look for personal experiences. Do you just not remember yours? I happen to be very fond of my experiences throughout high school and college, and still have many close friendships with many of my friends from those days. I even have friends from Sachem and they told me of that "lost" feeling as well until the second hs was built. Think of when you were a teen and wonder if you told your parents let alone your friends parents everything.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,730,570 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Farmingville

For those who may not be familiar with Farmingville:

Farmingville is a hamlet (an unincorporated community) in the center part of the Town of Brookhaven, in the center part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Farmingville in the Town of Brookhaven is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Selden and the Hamlet of Coram; on the east by the Hamlet of Coram and the Hamlet of Medford; on the south by the Hamlet of Medford and the Hamlet of Holtsville; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Centereach.

The Hamlet of Farmingville has a different border than does the "Farmingville, NY 11738" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Farmingville and a place can have other than a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Farmingville): places that have a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Farmingville are in the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Selden and the Hamlet of Holtsville; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Farmingville with a "Centereach, NY 11720" and "Holtsville, NY 11742" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 04-30-2008, 07:06 PM

142 posts, read 482,578 times
I live in Farmingville and I like the area a lot. My husband's family and my family live in Holbrook and Ronkonkoma and the housing and tax prices in Holbrook are a lot higher than in Farmingville. Ronkonkoma is higher as well, but not as bad as Holbrook. I actually enjoy the diversity here in Farmingville. Our neighbors are nice (including the illegals) and watch out for one another. I think people judge Farmingville too quickly due to the high influx of illegals -- but they really do not bother anyone. I walk my dogs around the neighborhood by myself at night and have never had a problem. I feel lucky to be able to have a small starter home on the Island with low taxes. It is helping us to save for a larger home in the future.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
I Live in farmingville and theres good parts and bad Just like most districts.I recently graduated from sachem and its not the greatest school like everyone thinks. they need to do a lot more to protect the kids against drug abuse.In my opinion the drug use is out of hand in the sachem district.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:32 PM

16 posts, read 24,821 times
Hi I know this post from a few years ago but I was wondering what you guys think of farmingville now has it gotten better or worst? How's the area to raised small kids?

Old 04-15-2016, 07:18 PM

852 posts, read 971,233 times
Farmingville has a lot of variety from area to area. I have a friend who is worth millions who lives there in a nice little section; and I knew a guy who didn't have two pennies to rub together who lived on the other side of the Expressway. You want to see what a particular place is like? Go there on a Saturday night and walk around. You'll get a good overall feel for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island