Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 PM

334 posts, read 1,104,308 times

Advertisements

Tri-County Plumbing and Heating of NY - Home Page
We've used this company for the past 7-8 years and have been very happy. They're good at getting back to customers with scheduling etc apart from doing the work right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,046,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
Ah, I overlooked the fact that it's the "busy" season for them.

Contractors are pretty simple minded for the most part. They don't look to far into the future to care when work is steady. That's why they are not calling you back. After all, they work with their hands, not with their heads.

There are some great guys out there, but with so many other companies out there it's hard to weed out to poor ones.

I had a floor guy call me 2 months after I asked for an estimate. "Hey, do you still need your floors done?" Yea, I do, but call me back in 2 more months and we can set up an appointment maybe even 2 months after that. Bye.
Wow! Talk about degrading.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,046,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akascorpio View Post
Hello All,

I'm in the process of selecting a contractor to do oil to gas.

so far these are the only two companies that gotten back to me.
are the following: so i'm wondering if anyone here used them before?

1. philip bambino plumbing & heating?
  2. Williston plumbing & heating?
Cornetta bros, Cilento Pipeline and Burder King never gotten back to me after multiple calls.

I guess they don't want my money.
Keep in mind that in addition to the normal "busy season", homes that were flooded by the storm are also having their boilers replaced as a necessity.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 AM

721 posts, read 1,569,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Keep in mind that in addition to the normal "busy season", homes that were flooded by the storm are also having their boilers replaced as a necessity.
Yes! We had an emergency a couple of days ago (gas leak) and I probably called 10 plumbers. 1 person called me back, came that night and did the work and did not charge me a crazy amount. No one else even called me back! Then of course National Grid took their sweet time coming back to turn our gas back on so we had no heat or hot water all weekend

Anyway, Brian from Aquarius Plumbing in E. Npt was awesome! No more gas leak and now we have heat and hot water again!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:18 AM

79 posts, read 92,488 times
Phil Bambino did our conversion. We picked them from 9 others interviewed. We choose him because he was the most informative explaining certain things. Some of the other plumbers would just say "we know cause we've been doing this for xxx years". I also asked to run a separate gas line for a BBQ grill since they were cutting/adding the lines anyway. One thing is to make sure they file the necessary permit. I was told the filed in the different town and I'm still waiting for him to get this straigtend out. (the permit is actually your responsibility but usually the plumber will file it for you to expedite the procedure)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island