Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 09:31 AM

732 posts, read 1,734,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Yeah you dont want Meat Farms, its a ghetto supermarket like C-Town, Compare Foods, Bravo, and Associated. Speaking of Associated they replaced the Waldbaums on Old Country Road in New Cassel, man what a dump!
Meat Farms isn't quite on that level, but it's not that good. Also, I used to like shopping at the Compare in Farmingville, but only that specific one. Before better options opened up around me (Best Market), Compare was a good place to get meat and produce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 AM

4 posts, read 5,187 times
Just spoke with a guy from Pat's and he said the construction has actually started somewhat inside the building in East Islip. They have been having some issues with permits through the Town of Islip. Not surprised. It's a done deal though. Employees are aware of it. It WILL be built and we will come.......Also said it will be much larger than the store in East Northport.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by links272 View Post
Just spoke with a guy from Pat's and he said the construction has actually started somewhat inside the building in East Islip. They have been having some issues with permits through the Town of Islip. Not surprised. It's a done deal though. Employees are aware of it. It WILL be built and we will come.......Also said it will be much larger than the store in East Northport.
So what will be there? Meat farms??? I like the one in Bohemia, great produce.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
So what will be there? Meat farms??? I like the one in Bohemia, great produce.
Actually it's called Pat's Marketplace. My wife's friend goes to the one in East Northport and said it's great. The one in East Islip will be much larger. Should be interesting. Now, I have never been to the Meat Farms in Bohemia. I have been to the Best Yet Market in Bohemia. Really like that store a lot.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:00 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,154,094 times
Yes, Pat's is def. moving in. Trader Joes looked at it and said it was to big and passed.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 AM

Yea....my wife was really hoping for a Trader Joe's. Did Trader Joe's think the building was too large?

Old 04-17-2014, 10:43 AM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,555 times
I haven't been to the Waldbaums in East Islip, but if it's like the other ones around Long Island, I'd be surprised if Trader Joe's moved in. They tend to favor smaller footprints. Don't quote me on this, but besides not having enough inventory to fill up such a store, there's another reason for the size related to their business practices.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:09 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
Trader Joe's is a lot larger in places like California where liquor is allowed to be sold (no lobby as here in New York). They sell many wines such as Two Buck Chuck which are very popular. Also there are lots of flowers and plenty of samples.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-18-2014, 01:05 PM

OH.. I didn't know that. I heard that they are very particular about where and when they open up new locations. Seems like they are very smart business people and they don't do things hastily. Does anyone know whether Pats Marketplace has a section dedicated with organic foods or gluten-free? Seems that a lot of new food stores are carrying more of these items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island