Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 PM

14,228 posts, read 30,148,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
If you ever get to the Downtown area, Triple 777 Brewery at Main Street Station has excellent deals, good food, big servings. You can bring your children in the restaurant area. California Hotel in Downtown has inexpensive,good food at the 24hr Market Place Cafe. The 24/7 Cafe at the Palms has excellent food and it is inexpensive. You pretty much have lots of options as far as inexpensive dining on the Strip whether it's in a food court, stand alone fast food joints or the cafes inside the hotels.
I second the brew pub at MSS.

Also you can get a huge prime rib dinner at the Spike on Stewart St behind the Fremont St. Experience for $5.99. It used to be a real dump but they have done a LOT of work on the place and it's much improved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,695,500 times
If you like comfort food, try Tiffany's Cafe, inside of the White Cross Pharmacy. It's on LVBS & Oakey, just north of the Stratosphere. You can reach it on the Deuce bus, and it's open 24 hours a day. It's been open for 60 years, making it the first and oldest 24 hour restaurant in Las Vegas. They have an eclectic menu, and they give large portions at great prices. IMHO, they have one of the best burgers in town. Their smallest burger is 1/2 lbs, and it comes with fries for $4.95.

You know what they say about good food, you ask a fat man!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,486,039 times
From the Strip (or the Palms) go east on Flamingo, past Maryland Parkway about a block to Blueberry Hill Restaurant. Good cheep breakfast, lunches, and even dinner.
Driving Directions from 4831 W Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, Nevada to 1505 E Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, Nevada

Every hotel has a food court where you'll find stands for a lot of fast food, although the prices are a little higher in hotel food courts due to the high rent. If you see a Fat Burger, that's a fast food, but best burger in town.

I don't really understand this post. When I travel for business or pleasure, my survey question is something like this: "If you were having your last restaurant meal in (name of town), and could have anything you wanted to eat, where would it be?" I like to eat.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 AM

Hmmm...I'd hit up either a good local burger joint, or a pizzeria, making sure I take plenty of meds more my lactose intolerance.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:36 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,486,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Hmmm...I'd hit up either a good local burger joint, or a pizzeria, making sure I take plenty of meds more my lactose intolerance.
Uhhhhh ...isn't lactose in dairy products? Maybe you're allergic to gluten in wheat?

Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 AM

No, it's dairy products and really greasy things. I had a perforated colon fixed ten years ago, and they yanked ten inches from my colon. I've been lactose intolerant ever since. And no, it doesn't give me gas, bloating, or an upset stomach. I love cheese, but it hates me.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:45 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,897,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
You know what they say about good food, you ask a fat man!
I always thought fat people were not picky about what they shoved in their mouths, that's how they got fat in the first place. I mean, you didn't get that big eating foie gras at every meal, did you?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:45 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,929,517 times
Every time I go to LV I mean to go to Tiffany's. If you do go there, do so in the daytime. That part of town is not too good.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,340,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
I always thought fat people were not picky about what they shoved in their mouths, that's how they got fat in the first place. I mean, you didn't get that big eating foie gras at every meal, did you?
Not necessarily. I used to be very thin when I was younger. I have steadily gained weight as I have gotten older, even know I eat less and less.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Ah, there's your first problem, MBA, you didn't think. That's ok, no one ever accused you skinny people of having a surfeit of brain cells.

There are some big people who aren't picky about what they eat, as there are skinny people as well. Guess what, we don't all fit into a mold. I'm not given to rich food like foie gras and lobster, since it's too expensive for my rather meager wallet, and I don't eat organ meats or seafood. I'm basically a meat and potatos kind of guy, but I do love some ethnic foods, especially Russian food, since that's what I grew up on. Being light of pocket, I've had to survive on steamed rice, package ramen (I love the real thing), and peanut butter sandwiches. Shall we assume that since you're skinny, you eat nothing but salads, and drink nothing but water?

Weight is the last safe form of discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: