Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite grocery store in Las Vegas
Albertson's 10 13.89%
Smith's 35 48.61%
Vons 4 5.56%
Fresh and Easy 9 12.50%
Super Target 2 2.78%
Super Wal-Mart 12 16.67%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:50 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,334,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uli2000 View Post
Six pages and no Sunflower Farmers' Market? Pecos and Trop and the other one is Jones and Sahara iirc. Fresh sausage made in house every day, best produce, tons of organics and natural products at decent prices, and great beer and wine selection. You may not be able to get everything you need there, though.
I was wondering when someone would mention Sunflower. One just opened near where I live in Tucson and I like it a lot -- esp. fruits and vegetables ($1 for a fresh pineapple). You can get some specialty items (real Greek yogurt, creme fraiche, whole wheat frozen pie shells, frozen mangoes) that I can't find in regular supermarkets here. I HATE Whole Foods management (and wouldn't shop there even if they weren't Whole Paycheck!) so Sunflower is a welcome addition to me.

Spices are a great bargain there. Buy the ones in cellophane bags that are on a circular rack near the produce. They are WA-A-Ay cheaper than the bottled kind. You can get gorgeous fresh chives and basil, too. They had rockin' panettone at Christmastime imported from an Italian neighborhood in Connecticut, when I also got some great prices on wines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 PM

28 posts, read 59,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Its a poll question
Whole Foods...

Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM

232 posts, read 676,932 times
Quote:
that would be fun to open a publix in vegas, and introduce it to a new market and bring in something new to the city that they havent seen before

are you from florida?
I lived near Miami for 2 years. There's not much I miss about Florida, but Publix is one thing I DO miss. That and all the lizards and ducks that were always running around!

Old 04-19-2010, 04:04 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,593,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold ethyl View Post
I lived near Miami for 2 years. There's not much I miss about Florida, but Publix is one thing I DO miss. That and all the lizards and ducks that were always running around!
Never had the opportunity to go to Miami. Been living in Orlando since 2005, and I did from 1995-2001. I lived in Connecticut from when I was born in 1989 to 1995, then again from 2001-2005

Hopefully Las Vegas will be 2010-???

Cant wait to get there. I wont miss too much about FL either. The humidity for sure, along with the bugs (specifically the giant dragonflies, wasps, any bug that can sting or bite is king sized here) FL is also nowhere as beautiful as Southern NV with the Mojave Desert, mountains on all sides, among countless other things

FL is so ugly with its swamps, mossy trees, and all too frequent rain. The Sunshine State name really belongs to Nevada!

Old 04-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Never had the opportunity to go to Miami. Been living in Orlando since 2005, and I did from 1995-2001. I lived in Connecticut from when I was born in 1989 to 1995, then again from 2001-2005

Hopefully Las Vegas will be 2010-???

Cant wait to get there. I wont miss too much about FL either. The humidity for sure, along with the bugs (specifically the giant dragonflies, wasps, any bug that can sting or bite is king sized here) FL is also nowhere as beautiful as Southern NV with the Mojave Desert, mountains on all sides, among countless other things

FL is so ugly with its swamps, mossy trees, and all too frequent rain. The Sunshine State name really belongs to Nevada!
I really liked the Orlando area. If I could have chosen to live there, I probably would have. But I was in Miami for work reasons, so could only visit Orlando. I did like the frequent rain storms, but not how they raised the humidity level. Ugh! Anyway, you'll love it here. Hope you can make it soon!

Old 04-20-2010, 01:10 PM

I Usually shop at Super Walmart. I can't say much for their meat and seafood departments, but their prices seem to be cheaper than anyone else I've seen. I admit I haven't looked that hard, though, for an alternative.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,037,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
International Market on Decatur near Tropicana.
Finally made it back there the other day during daylight hours so they were still open. Very cool place with lots of stuff from around the world. Picked up some chunky hot relish from Macedonia, sweet chilli sauce from Thailand, sardines from Slovenia, and satay from Holland, among other items.

When we walked in we didn't realize that it was a membership club type of place and that non-members had to pay a 5% premium to shop there. However, an annual membership was only $10 so we went ahead and signed up. I'm sure we'll spend over $200 there in no time to make the cost of the membership +EV.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:25 PM

16,399 posts, read 30,321,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
When we walked in we didn't realize that it was a membership club type of place and that non-members had to pay a 5% premium to shop there. However, an annual membership was only $10 so we went ahead and signed up. I'm sure we'll spend over $200 there in no time to make the cost of the membership +EV.
My bad. I forgot about the upcharge as I generally spend under $20.

It is a great place for odd items.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,672,096 times
I also like Jones Market on Jones, between DI and Spring Montain. They have lots of of great Russian goodies.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:13 AM

156 posts, read 434,521 times
Quote:
I will Publix open in Summerlin, the rich people get it first

It will open at 7 am and close at 10 like Publix in FL

Publix does have a few 24 hour stores in Miami though
They have 24 Hour stores in Tampa and Atlanta also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas