Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 12:51 PM

6 posts, read 9,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
The normal rooms at the Orleans are large enough for five people and are generally pretty reasonable although they are approximately one mile west of the Strip.

The advantage of that property is that there are a lot of things for families to do - bowling, cinemas, etc.
Thank you. I'll check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 09:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnm View Post
We're already planning our winter break vacation and Vegas is one of our stops. In fact, we'd like to be there for New Years Eve. All the family friendly hotels seem to have a 4 person room limit, even though some have roll away beds. Our kids will be (nearly) 16, 10 and 8 at the time of travel.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places that will allow 2 adults and 3 children all in the same room/suite?

Thanks so much!
Hotels anywhere don't actually count the kids. When mine were young, we took all 3 of them and I would just tell the desk I had 2. Never got busted. You can stay at Circus Circus. The kids will love it and there are so many kids in the place, nobody will notice how many you have.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
We wouldn't be taking the kids on the strip any night and certainly not on New Years Eve! We found a place about 5 miles from the strip with red rock all around. I don't care if we get to gamble or not. It's just a place I'd like to see. Vegas isn't our only stop on the trip...we're going to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Francisco, Los Angelas area (Disney, Universal, etc.) and back home to NM. We'll be sticking close to the hotel on New Years Eve. If our friend joins us in Las Vegas, then she'll watch the kiddos while we go out.

Thanks, everyone!
There is lots for the kids in Vegas (Adveturedome, New York New York) but I agree with others I would not do it on New Years Eve.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:29 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
Quote:
We wouldn't be taking the kids on the strip any night and certainly not on New Years Eve! We found a place about 5 miles from the strip with red rock all around. I don't care if we get to gamble or not. It's just a place I'd like to see. Vegas isn't our only stop on the trip...we're going to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Francisco, Los Angeles area (Disney, Universal, etc.) and back home to NM. We'll be sticking close to the hotel on New Years Eve. If our friend joins us in Las Vegas, then she'll watch the kiddos while we go out.

Thanks, everyone!
OH! Well, that's very different. Never mind.

Just a note on Yosemite: Travel there in winter can be pretty dicey, and I do believe there is only one way to get in and out. But it must be beautiful. I'm kicking myself that I kept putting off an X/C trip there before the health put an end to my plans.

Hey rjnm, I get the nm part. What's the rj? Is that a town?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:36 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Just a quick disagreement. We have four strip NYE and one Freemont. If you are talking about bad scenes you are all somewhat naive.

I would have no trouble with preteens and teens on NYE.

Any of you ever been to Times Square on NYE?

I am not a big fan of family vacations on the strip. But Las Vegas can be OK.

Took my kids and a mess of others to 1976 in NYC. Much more challenging than NYE in LV.

Drunks are simply not that big a problem. Particularly if you are not.
A quick disagreement with your disagreement. I think the kids would love it and remember it forever. When I was a kid I always wanted to see Times Square on NYE. But there is a curfew on the Strip, and if the kids got separated... Plus, Metro hauls a lot of D&Ds off to the slammer every year. There are always some fights. It's just not worth the risk for the tiny tots. Teens should be all right unless they break the curfew, but yopu need to take precautions, and I think the OP has it all under control.

BTW: What does this mean? (And I know you can spell FREmont). "We have four strip NYE and one Freemont."

Old 01-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
OH! Well, that's very different. Never mind.

Just a note on Yosemite: Travel there in winter can be pretty dicey, and I do believe there is only one way to get in and out. But it must be beautiful. I'm kicking myself that I kept putting off an X/C trip there before the health put an end to my plans.

Hey rjnm, I get the nm part. What's the rj? Is that a town?
No, RJ is me, not the town.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:34 PM

I had a request to come back and post about our trip.

After much research we decided to save part of the trip for summer break. Too many roads were closed or looked downright hairy...nothing I'd want to drive on in snow!

However, we did make our trip to Las Vegas with the kids. We wound up finding an awesome deal just a few weeks before we left and stayed at the MGM Grand. The kids loved the lions, Rainforest Cafe, KA and a quick trip down the block to M&M World and Hard Rock Cafe. But, the weather was really crummy while we were there so we left a day early and hit Hoover Dam on the way out of town (the only sunny day while we were gone). It was amazing! The kids loved it as much as we did.

But, now that I've been to Vegas with kids, here's my opinion on it. Next time, I'm leaving the kids at home not that I have a huge desire to go back (though during the warmer weather might be nice). But, I am very glad we brought them this time. There was much more to the trip then just Las Vegas and they got to experience things that many don't get to. Just for that, it was well worth it and I would do it again if it meant they get to see more of the country.

Now it's time to start researching for our summer trip!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas