Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM

10 posts, read 14,115 times

Advertisements

We're a young family (early 30's), my wife will be a stay at home mom (we're starting a family this year), and I will have an office nearby the area we choose (I'm self-employed).

I like the locale of Summerlin since we do not commute other than to meetings I will have on the strip a couple days each week, the airport (because I have to leave town somewhat frequently for business), and the entertainment, restaurants, and shopping the strip provides.

Great schools are a must and I want a community where children can take off on bikes, etc, doing there own thing with friends, without worry..

Also, I want an area where nice homes (8,000sf plus) and successful neighbors make up the larger demographic. Yes, I will admit I'm nouveau riche (lol) and still at the stage where I need to prove to everybody I made it and only want the 10,000sf plus home with the finest quality build and furnishings, and the minimum of a six car garage to showoff my exotic car collection.

I need to add that social/ charity events are very important to us as well, and want to be in a community that appreciates the same.

So is Summerlin the best choice, or would you recomend somewhere else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,225,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
We're a young family (early 30's), my wife will be a stay at home mom (we're starting a family this year), and I will have an office nearby the area we choose (I'm self-employed).

I like the locale of Summerlin since we do not commute other than to meetings I will have on the strip a couple days each week, the airport (because I have to leave town somewhat frequently for business), and the entertainment, restaurants, and shopping the strip provides.

Great schools are a must and I want a community where children can take off on bikes, etc, doing there own thing with friends, without worry..

Also, I want an area where nice homes (8,000sf plus) and successful neighbors make up the larger demographic. Yes, I will admit I'm nouveau riche (lol) and still at the stage where I need to prove to everybody I made it and only want the 10,000sf plus home with the finest quality build and furnishings, and the minimum of a six car garage to showoff my exotic car collection.

I need to add that social/ charity events are very important to us as well, and want to be in a community that appreciates the same.

So is Summerlin the best choice, or would you recomend somewhere else?
Note that first time posters who want 10,000 SF homes generally cause high skepticism among the regulars on this list. Or even a little merriment...

You can find what you wish in Summerlin and in many other places around the valley. Anything from high rises (there are a couple of 16000SF penthouses) to a ranch with acreage. The Ridges would accomodate you as would places in Queensridge or TPC.

So Summerlin is probably the best choice if you wish to consider the entire community...

And Summerlin will be glad to put you on the list and extract as much money as you chose to part with to any number of wonderful causes.

And if you hang in there a few years we likely will let you run for political office.

Senator Gekko...has a nice ring to it...

Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,032,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Note that first time posters who want 10,000 SF homes generally cause high skepticism among the regulars on this list. Or even a little merriment...
Not true, capt. I am not skeptical in the least.

I am 100% certain.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,132,546 times
the Gecco has one post a 10 rep and wants a 10k sq ft house.....yep....uh huh

Old 03-31-2010, 06:49 PM

I'm the OP, and very familiar as to what each area offers in regards to real estate. I used the point to better describe what I'm looking for in an area and its atmosphere.

And the "Gekko" reference (my screen name) happens to me the name my friends have called me since I was in my early 20's. It implies Gordon Gekko, the character in the movie Wall Street. lol

Anyways, disregard the mentioning of home size, it seems to have stirred up the board. I'm just sincerly curious of local opinions of the area and if my lifestyle would be fitting for both the community and myself.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,246,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
I'm the OP, and very familiar as to what each area offers in regards to real estate. I used the point to better describe what I'm looking for in an area and its atmosphere.

And the "Gekko" reference (my screen name) happens to me the name my friends have called me since I was in my early 20's. It implies Gordon Gekko, the character in the movie Wall Street. lol

Anyways, disregard the mentioning of home size, it seems to have stirred up the board. I'm just sincerly curious of local opinions of the area and if my lifestyle would be fitting for both the community and myself.

Are you the CEO of imagineering? You have a great imagination.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:49 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,246,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
the Gecco has one post a 10 rep and wants a 10k sq ft house.....yep....uh huh

If only our credibility to get into a home was really tied to that. Oh wait, you just described the method used for sub-prime lending. Nevermind.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Are you the CEO of imagineering? You have a great imagination.
Nope, I'm the CEO of this forum has proven a waste of time and full of self-destroyed nothings that hate on any successful person who posts valid questions.

After reading many posts on many different threads I've confirmed the above statement.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:23 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,766,399 times
Are you perhaps related to the guy on the Phoenix forum looking to buy a condo near a Spring Training baseball facility for 150-200K that he intends on using one month out of the year?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,559,210 times
I don't think Summerlin is what you are looking for based on your criteria.
I would go for a nicer area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas