Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 10:51 AM

369 posts, read 1,096,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiminani View Post
Totally agree with the spiff. The stripper-mobile was pitch-perfect advertising for over the top "what happens in vegas, stays in vegas" tourism. Now y'all are a bunch of fuddie duddies.
oh i see, sorry that some of us have morals.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:54 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,789,984 times
I had no issues with the stripper mobile. I have kids, we are not on the strip late at night. If it ran in the middle of the day I might have an issue, but not late at night.

I wonder what kind of "deal" was reached to get them to stop running the stripper mobile.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:49 PM

515 posts, read 1,181,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
oh i see, sorry that some of us have morals.
Everyone has morals. Just some people have forgotten the golden rule and think their morals ought to be everybody else's morals.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 PM

549 posts, read 1,381,751 times
Default Too much of a distraction

From what I understand the stripper mobile was a distraction for drivers. I can't imagine why? 2 or 3 girls with barely any clothes on enclosed in a glass case sliding up and down on a pole while riding down the strip? What could possibly be distracting about that? LOL

At any rate, they were concerned that a distracted driver would plow onto the side walk and mow down pedestrians. Not like that's ever happened before. And, there is a seat belt law in NV that was being violated.

I bet if they figure out how to put the girls, glass case, and pole on a bike and ride up and down the sidewalk at night it would still be a problem. This time to dangerous for pedestrians walking dazed in the street!

Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,393,597 times
This isn't new. We have had many similar issues over the years that offended people, and the city or county got involved. It's hard to regulate bad taste or "community standards". Somebody is always going to push the limits...or "procede until apprehended". Total nudity has often been an issue. I see now that it isn't anymore. Not all offenders of community standards were shut down though. Concessions were sometimes made. Two that come to mind would be the bronze statue and billboards of the Crazy Girls behinds; and then the play that was put on by Marilyn Chambers which was nearly closed down, but then more rational heads prevailed in both cases.
YouTube - Marilyn Chambers Interview (1977)

The rolling strippers were dangerous. But Las Vegas has never wanted to be perceived as totally immoral...just very sexy. Kind of like Holly Hunter in "Amazing Grace".

Old 11-14-2009, 04:24 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,279,533 times
There was nothing wrong at all with the stripper mobile. It was no different than girls going to the beach in bikinis. How many parents are offended when girls wear bikinis on the beach? There really is no difference.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:20 PM

369 posts, read 1,096,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
There was nothing wrong at all with the stripper mobile. It was no different than girls going to the beach in bikinis. How many parents are offended when girls wear bikinis on the beach? There really is no difference.
okay LVD... normally i really enjoy your posts but this one, come ON. you can't be serious. I wear a bikini on the beach, but im not working a pole or shaking my a$$ in a sexual manner. this is not comparable, lets be real.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:37 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,279,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
okay LVD... normally i really enjoy your posts but this one, come ON. you can't be serious. I wear a bikini on the beach, but im not working a pole or shaking my a$$ in a sexual manner. this is not comparable, lets be real.
Okay, I did not think of it that way. I really did not have a problem with it since they did it late at night, and were fully dressed. The only concern I had was with the safety of the girls. If some drunk driver plowed into the rear end of that thing, it could have gotten really ugly.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:21 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,960,235 times
It would be really ugly if a drunk plowed into the back of anyone, not just half dressed girls. And I think that is part of what they are trying to avoid. I guess all the billboards are just not doing it. Why don't they just park the darn thing and let them have at it? It would still cause a stir...and be good advertising.

Didn't a kid just get killed because someone jumped the curb? Imagine how many people (drunk or sober) crane to check that out and inadvertantly swerve into the crowds on the sidewalks. Or the crowds that would begin to form and half out in the street. I see people all the time walking off the sidewalk for less.

I don't really care whether they do it or not, morally. Safety would be the bigger issue. You know what Vegas stands for, don't take your kids if you are worried they may see some immoral things.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:47 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,721,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
From what I understand the stripper mobile was a distraction for drivers. I can't imagine why? 2 or 3 girls with barely any clothes on enclosed in a glass case sliding up and down on a pole while riding down the strip? What could possibly be distracting about that? LOL

At any rate, they were concerned that a distracted driver would plow onto the side walk and mow down pedestrians. Not like that's ever happened before. And, there is a seat belt law in NV that was being violated.

I bet if they figure out how to put the girls, glass case, and pole on a bike and ride up and down the sidewalk at night it would still be a problem. This time to dangerous for pedestrians walking dazed in the street!

There is a loophole in the seatbelt law that makes it legal for a vehicle for hire not requiring to have seltbelts for their passengers. I guess it is also legal for people over 18 to ride in the back of a pickup truck bed without seatbelts. I agree that its more a distraction to drivers around the strip mobile and can cause a serious problem. Maybe they should just park it instead of driving around with it. Those mobile bill boards are also a distraction, but I guess its not as extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: