Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:48 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,686,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My advice...prepare for the long haul. If you wake up every day wanting to be somewhere else....it's going to make you nuts. Find whatever good you can in your present situation while you still pursue your goal of getting out...but just don't live each day like it's going to happen tomorrow. Evaluate monthly. Good luck in reaching your goal.
^^^^That IS some really good advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 03:57 PM

239 posts, read 642,911 times
I've been gone a month. Here is what I miss:
1. Sunshine
2. Nice, clean, paid for condo
3. Good, fresh, cheap, produce at Von's (if it's on sale).
4. Beautiful Mountains.
5. Listening to UNLV Football, with a 12 pack from Lee's.
Here is what I don't miss:
1. CCSD--An Orwellian Nightmare
2. Gangbangers and other prison mentality, misfits.
3. Fat, welfare mothers, who think they're hot stuff.
4. Bratty, uneducated kids at the pool. (see Number 1.)
5 Uneducated populace, especially those under 40. (see numbers 1. and 4.)
6. Some of the worst, most inconsiderate drivers in the World.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOur words indicate you understand little...

What the "REAL ESTATE AGENT" said was...

You actually dumb enough to disagree with that?
No...I believe I mentioned that I didn't bother reading this thread. Obviously, you didn't read MY post either...I was going completely off the stuff you normally post when it comes to defending this city you tend to really insult readers intelligence with some of your comments. For example... "It may very well be more intelligent NOT to vote".

REALLY you never explained how that would work...

Also there was something to the effect of lumping housekeepers and lap dancers in with artists.

Its very disturbing to me if you actually believe 50% of what you post.

That is about the time when I stopped reading.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunespinoza View Post
I've been gone a month. Here is what I miss:
1. Sunshine
2. Nice, clean, paid for condo
3. Good, fresh, cheap, produce at Von's (if it's on sale).
4. Beautiful Mountains.
5. Listening to UNLV Football, with a 12 pack from Lee's.
Here is what I don't miss:
1. CCSD--An Orwellian Nightmare
2. Gangbangers and other prison mentality, misfits.
3. Fat, welfare mothers, who think they're hot stuff.
4. Bratty, uneducated kids at the pool. (see Number 1.)
5 Uneducated populace, especially those under 40. (see numbers 1. and 4.)
6. Some of the worst, most inconsiderate drivers in the World.
I miss all the illegals standing around Home Depot...they work hard, fast, and cheap. I seriously wish I would have began utilizing their labor years ago.
I also miss being able to call a contractor and having them out THE SAME DAY. The Vegas economy really works in favor of those who still have money.
Now I am having to wait on people The latest hardship I faced due to my move was being unable to have a pizza delivered after 11 PM...Oh the horror!!! Once I have been gone longer I will probably begin to miss the mountains too.

I do think I moved to a place where the drivers are MUCH MUCH worse but apparently statistics don't support my findings because my auto insurance rate dropped by $700 dollars!!! Oh wait...that was probably due to the fact that there aren't as many "kids" breaking into cars out here because maybe there is something to be said for holding people (teens included) accountable for their actions.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:54 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,034,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
my auto insurance rate dropped by $700 dollars!!! .
If that happened to me here in Vegas, I would have full coverage insurance for $28 a year..... Where did you move to?

Old 10-24-2009, 04:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,279,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
If that happened to me here in Vegas, I would have full coverage insurance for $28 a year..... Where did you move to?
Her profile says Houston.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:23 PM

239 posts, read 642,911 times
LV insurance rates are the highest I have ever seen. That would be out of Virginia, Arizona, and Oakland/Berkeley, and Nevada.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:32 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,279,533 times
Quote:
LV insurance rates are the highest I have ever seen. That would be out of Virginia, Arizona, and Oakland/Berkeley, and Nevada.
I am from Phoenix, Arizona, and I would have to disagree. At one point, I was paying $180 a month for bare bones liability insurance on one car. If you want to hear something really crazy, I bought a brand new Chevrolet Cavalier in back in 2003. The dealership had gotten me full coverage insurance on it for 30 days so I could drive it off the lot. When I got the renewal on it, they wanted $12,000 for every six months. This is not a misprint. Needless to say I took the car back. Here in Vegas, I am currently paying $38 a month for the same coverage I was paying $180 a month for in Phoenix.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:51 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,721,999 times
Quote:
My insurance is cheaper here in Las Vegas than the Bay Area. It may be because my car insurance and my home insurance policy gives me a discount, but i'm saving $600 a year or $50 a month with the same company Allstate for better coverage here.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Yes, Houston. I was very surprised as well. I could maybe understand if I moved to a rural area or something but I am within the city limits. I think eleven years ago when I moved from Chicago (to las vegas) my insurance went up 200-300 bucks which surprised me even then.

Let me tell you though gulf coast homeowners insurance is EXPENSIVE...half my mortgage is taxes and insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas