Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:32 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,525,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
5 guys is the equivalent of In-N-Out in terms of exclusivity. 5 guys only exists mainly in the DC area with some expansion into Jersey and the Carolinas whereas In-N-Out is more exclusive here on the west coast. 5 guys has been voted best burger in Washingtonian magazine for the last 20 years and is fantastic.

Biggest difference between the two is that 5 guys has buckets of shelled peanuts on the tables that you snack on while waiting for your food to be cooked. If anyone is familiar with Thrashers fries (served on boardwalks), those are the kind of fries that 5 guys uses, which are thicker with the skins left on (very yummy dipped in vinegar)

I've had both and they are very good. I prefer 5 guys mainly because of the fries. I've also had Tommy's which is on St. Rose Parkway next to the hospital, they are very good as well. Of course, YMMV.
Expansion must be happening rapidly...we have (5) Five Guys in Beautiful Upstate NY (Capital District area).

According to website...they now have over 450 locations in over 30 states!

http://www.fiveguys.com/history.aspx

Old 10-08-2009, 03:39 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,728,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Expansion must be happening rapidly...we have (5) Five Guys in Beautiful Upstate NY (Capital District area).

According to website...they now have over 450 locations in over 30 states!

History | Five Guys Burgers and Fries
According to the store locator. LV nearest loction is in St George UT

Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,147,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Hawaii View Post
Very UNhealthy food. They have TONS and TONS of saturated and trans fats...tsk...tsk...tsk...For your health's sake, AVOID In-N-Out Burger
Yeah, uh, Hello??? It's fast food.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,972,415 times
I look at it this way. I'm going to be dead a lot longer than I'm going to be alive. Make mine an animal. In-N-Out and Nations burgers are the best.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:18 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,273,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Someone else mentioned Tommy's. YUM. Double chili-cheese burger and a side of chili-cheese fries. Heart attack on a plate, but soooo good. I'm totally bummed that the only one in the valley
There are actually two Tommy's here in Vegas. One in Henderson, and one off of Flamingo and Boulder Highway. I have eaten at the one on Flamingo.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,720,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I look at it this way. I'm going to be dead a lot longer than I'm going to be alive. Make mine an animal. In-N-Out and Nations burgers are the best.
+1 on Nations burgers, The ones I have been going to are in the East Bay Area (El Cerrito and Oakland). Very good breakfast and burgers! They also have good fresh strawberry pie! Yummy!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:55 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,530,168 times
I grew up with In and Out. Wayyyyyy back in the 50's/60's. It was always a real treat. Last time in California I tried them, and I thought "What Happened?" I do remember driving into Pasadena..later 60's and cruising Bob's Big Boy. I liked those better. Guess I have moved on from burgers. Nothing in Atlanta strikes me as wonderful.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,401,066 times
I also like Tommys just as much as I like In-n-Out and White Castles. They are all pretty good but in no way excellent. It is fast food after all.....

Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,525,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
Guess I have moved on from burgers. Nothing in Atlanta strikes me as wonderful.
If you get a chance, try the black and bleu burger at Backyard Burger. yum.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM

990 posts, read 1,657,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
IN-N-OUT... Yum.

Someone on the last page said that they're popular because they're a fad. What fads do you know of that last over 30 years? I grew up in Southern California and IN-N-OUT has ALWAYS been very popular.

As for the sex references... Many people aren't aware that the owners are very religious... Don't believe me? Look at the inside of the ring on the bottom of any of their cups sometime. But, the sex references aren't exactly original, either. When I was in Jr. High, they were giving away bumper stickers that read:

IN-N-OUT
BURGER

People would cut off the "B" and "R" from BURGER and put them on their cars...

Someone else mentioned Tommy's. YUM. Double chili-cheese burger and a side of chili-cheese fries. Heart attack on a plate, but soooo good. I'm totally bummed that the only one in the valley is down by St Rose hospital (although, it's probably a good place for it ). They're supposed to be opening one near Craig & 95, but the economy may have put that on hold indefinitely - it was supposed to be open already, and they haven't even broken ground on it. The thing about Tommy's is that you HAVE to get it with the chili. By themselves, their burgers aren't very good, but the chili takes a mediocre burger and turns it into a great one.

Back to IN-N-OUT - for those of you who've tried them but don't like them, try one more, and order it "animal style." You might change your mind.
"Animal Style?"

One behind the other?

More sexual symbolism from "very religious owners?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas