Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM

44 posts, read 177,422 times

Advertisements

For fast food burgers... In-N-Out rules... My friend who is a regional manager for Burger King won't even build a Burger King near an In-N-Out because they can't compete.

Consistent, Fresh quality at a great price... Sure there are better burgers out there... but not for the price.

I lived in Chicago... White Krystal does not even compare and those places are gross just to walk into.

From top to bottom... In-N-Outs are the best managed, clean, clean, clean and great employees. All that and you get a Great Double Double combo meal for only $6. Hmmm.... think I'm going to take a run right now.. LOL!

(And I have to drive 10 miles to get to the nearest one...)

Old 10-07-2009, 08:46 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,479,987 times
All staring is when they go to other stores to help get there employees trained and get them opened and running to standard. They normally stay at the store for a month to help keep them running. While they are there they get paid for their rooms, paid for their mileage to drive there and to drive while they are there and pay for I think at least one or two meals that is away from In N Out. Usually out of state. My nephew has gone to AZ and to Utah.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inveritatemonstra View Post
For fast food burgers... In-N-Out rules... My friend who is a regional manager for Burger King won't even build a Burger King near an In-N-Out because they can't compete.

Consistent, Fresh quality at a great price... Sure there are better burgers out there... but not for the price.

I lived in Chicago... White Krystal does not even compare and those places are gross just to walk into.

From top to bottom... In-N-Outs are the best managed, clean, clean, clean and great employees. All that and you get a Great Double Double combo meal for only $6. Hmmm.... think I'm going to take a run right now.. LOL!

(And I have to drive 10 miles to get to the nearest one...)
Yep, they are very big on cleanliness. They really do take care of their employees. My nephew's Girlfriend is going to be an assistant manager at the new one at 5th and Centennial.

They also have training levels. You have to complete certain things, and get ratings from your managers to be able to move to the next level. They have lots of training. Not like working at McDonalds. They also do a lot of things for the employees. Parties, BBQ's, they have a Baseball tournament with each other, and I think also a Basket ball tournament also. They just seem like one of those companies that really takes care of their employees. This past spring they had a fair for all the employees and families, and gave away some pretty nice prizes.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,275,503 times
In-N-Out is from California...I love that fastfood chain! Yeah, they are everywhere in Las Vegas now, and always popular.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:56 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,692,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
I had never heard of In- n-out Burger before I moved to Las Vegas.
They seem to be very popular and always busy.
More locations have opened up recently, one on Blue Diamond and one is set to open this month on N 5th St and Deer Springs in North Las Vegas.
I must say I like the burgers but are they not over rated?
I can say the same thing about White Castle in other parts of the country. Though they are both good IMO, what is all the hype about?
In & Out is great IMHO for a fast food burger joint with a drive thru.

White Castle has kind of nasty food IMHO. I never really understood the obsession people seem to have with it. Its like my friends obsession with Jack In The Box tacos. On some level she must realize that they are realistically NOT tacos.

Schoops (I think that's what it was called) back in the Midwest...their burgers were AWESOME...thanks, now I want one.

In & Out is great for the price though.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,901,715 times
I read In & Out's website..they START at $10? So, if you have like fast food/customer service experience they may start you more than that? Really?

Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Not sure, but I think they start everyone pretty much the same. But the faster you move up on your levels, the faster you will get raises.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,692,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I read In & Out's website..they START at $10? So, if you have like fast food/customer service experience they may start you more than that? Really?
Yes, as far as fast food they are a good company to work for but be advised the people who work there REALLY work non-stop. Its GO GO GO all the time.
Seriously!!! Go thru one of their drive thru's when you get out here.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:06 PM

990 posts, read 1,659,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post

In and Out or Carl's Jr? Haven't been to either
Carl's Jr is much better.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:06 PM

44 posts, read 177,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
Yep, they are very big on cleanliness. They really do take care of their employees. My nephew's Girlfriend is going to be an assistant manager at the new one at 5th and Centennial.

They also have training levels. You have to complete certain things, and get ratings from your managers to be able to move to the next level. They have lots of training. Not like working at McDonalds. They also do a lot of things for the employees. Parties, BBQ's, they have a Baseball tournament with each other, and I think also a Basket ball tournament also. They just seem like one of those companies that really takes care of their employees. This past spring they had a fair for all the employees and families, and gave away some pretty nice prizes.
It certainly shows with their employees. It's refreshing to go to a Fast Food Place where employees actually love their job instead of just being there because it's a job.

I have to go 10 miles to the nearest In-N-Out ... past McDonalds, Burger King, etc.. etc.. which I gladly do when I want Fast Food.

The owners won't franchise so they can maintain their standards.... otherwise... I'd want to buy one in a heart beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas