Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,174,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Haha, Vegas isn't that bad. I suspect you are either lying or something was hanging out you weren't aware of.
LOL

Or maybe she walking down Fremont. It does not matter how elegant you dress in certain areas, in certain areas elegant=working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 AM

968 posts, read 2,064,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChimlife View Post
You know, I like everything about Panorama except I wasn't too impressed with the pools....Anyone who owns/lives there care to differ? Compared to some of the other Pools at the High Rise's? Also - What is it like to walk across to the east side of the strip..>Does the harmon corridor connect you or someplace else.

What about bus lines??

Thanks!

James
Panorama Tower 1 will be renovating its pool. The plans look very nice. The short walk to the strip is just across the bridge. I do not know about access to the bus lines.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,653,497 times
I like this thread, exactly my situation and attitude. Living on the Strip will be tons of fun, and I agree also no tourist chick is going to want to come home to a house in the Burbs, but a condo on the Strip won't be far from where she is staying.

Also HOA dues as pointed out give you a ton but I know it's not for everyone, it just depends. To duplicate a condo experience though is far more. Someone to do your building security? Accept your packages when away? Deal with pool maintenance and have basically no issues when leaving your home for a month at a time? Hard to beat condo living. Id say 95% of people I know are big house fans and can't understand why you want a condo ("one day you'll be able to get a house!" even when my condo costs as much as their house lol), but for me I can't understand why anyone wants a house so im just the opposite. Grew up in those money pits my entire life, no thanks.

Also $6,000/month goes very far in Vegas. Very very far. I spend less than that in LA even with my stupidly expensive condo and HOA and property taxes eating half that sum. I figure in Vegas it'd be fun to blow $500 once a month on a club, do it in style, only with a few friends though. I still think you could keep costs not much higher than no bottle service if you just went with 4 people and split the minimum. Then it's nothing. Even if it was $1,000 four ways then $250 isn't awful.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 PM

1,825 posts, read 5,318,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I can't understand why anyone wants a house so im just the opposite. Grew up in those money pits my entire life, no thanks.
Money pit= $600+ condo HOA that never goes away ever, even once you've paid off the condo. Not tax deductible, not gaining equity, nothing....just dead weight dragging you down month after month.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:21 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,439,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
Money pit= $600+ condo HOA that never goes away ever, even once you've paid off the condo. Not tax deductible, not gaining equity, nothing....just dead weight dragging you down month after month.
house roof repair/replacement is not tax deductible, pool maintenence is not tax deductible.... ADT alarm system, garbage, water, cable TV, gym membership...none of them is tax deductible.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM

1,825 posts, read 5,318,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
house roof repair/replacement is not tax deductible, pool maintenence is not tax deductible.... ADT alarm system, garbage, water, cable TV, gym membership...none of them is tax deductible.
  • In house gym
  • Buy a house without a pool but befriend the neighbors that do
  • Buy a house with clay or concrete tile roofing, it may outlast the house. If you are cheap, after your cheaper roof fails, use buckets the three days it rains here
  • For the love DO NOT USE ADT (or Brinks for that matter).
    • There are several far better alarm company alternatives that don't force you to pay $30-$50 per month for a 3 year contract that you can only get out of by paying the thing in full (if you can even call that getting out of it). MVM is one, you can send your alarm signal through internet, cellular and landline, no contracts, $14 per month for full central station monitoring and only $7 if you just want the self monitoring that calls, emails and texts you.
  • Subtract $150 each month from your $600+ for the water, sewer and cable. When you go old and blind in retirement, add $50 back on for the cable you won't be able to use.
If you live in one of the valet-only complexes, then add in a tip every time you decide to leave your cell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas