Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 02:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,774 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I'm new here and I plan on coming to Vegas for a vacation. Just wanted to know some of the does and don't's of Vegas. Whats are the hot spots, events, activities to there. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 06:18 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,634,297 times
You realize that entire websites and magazines are dedicated to the scope of your question?

You may want to narrow things down, or visit a site that is dedicated to Vegas. I myself could write 25 pages in response to your question.

Maybe try Anthony Curtis' Las Vegas Advisor - Home: Las Vegas, Las Vegas Hotels, Las Vegas Coupons as a starting point.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:37 AM

317 posts, read 1,090,865 times
I have to say that city-data.com/forum/las-vegas is probably a great example of a website dedicated to Las Vegas!

I agree with the second poster that the question probably should be narrowed down a bit though.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,774 times
Well.....lets put it this way I've been in afghanistan for 9 months, and I'm trying to loosen up a little. I would like to try everything...lol. But I'm only going to be there for a week. What in your opinion is a "must do" when it comes to Vegas.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,371,558 times
Where are you coming from? Have you ever been to Vegas? The West? Do you gamble? Do you like entertainment? If so, what kind of entertainment do you like? Do you like good food? Are you looking for high end nightclubs? Are you looking for bargains or do you expect to spend lots of money? Which do you prefer, indoor or outdoor activities or both? Are you interested in scenery? Interesting sites? Landmarks? Will you travel between two and five hours away from Las Vegas? Will you rent a car? Would you take a scenic helicopter or airplane flight? Skydiving? Hot air ballooning? Weightless? Paintball? Sporting events? Biking? Ice/roller skating? Bowling? Spas? Would you rent a motorcycle? Would you like to visit legal brothels 65 miles from Vegas?

You gotta give us locals something specific to go on dude.

This oughta be a sticky.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,634,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3nrA View Post
Well.....lets put it this way I've been in afghanistan for 9 months, and I'm trying to loosen up a little. I would like to try everything...lol. But I'm only going to be there for a week. What in your opinion is a "must do" when it comes to Vegas.
I just can't do it. You are asking too much.

But since your active military, I'll give it a shot.

Must do -

1.) Stay on the strip...preferably mid strip. NOT CIRCUS CIRCUS, SAHARA, STRATOSPHERE, OR RIVIERA. Those places are far from everything else. Search hotels on tripadvisor and cheapo vegas for reviews. If you are ona real budget, stay on the strip for a few weeknights and stay the weekend downtown(but spring for the Golden Nugget, the pool rocks, and the rooms are soo much nicer than the other places downtown). Food, gambling, and drinking are way cheaper downtown though Bills and Flamingo have drink specials that are getting close.

Must not do -

1.) Don't be a dummy in strip clubs. I already know two joe's that dropped over a grand each...one at Spearmint Rhino and one at Glitter Gulch downtown. Keep your wits about you a bit and don't get hustled.

2.) Be very very careful with the working women. In fact, just avoid.

3.) Clubs. Unless you are truly aware of the expenses involved, don't bother.

If you have specific questions, ask. I'm expert on Vegas and have been there with a lot of friends who are active military. I've seen the mistakes they make and I addressed a few of those in this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas