Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:25 PM

16 posts, read 48,671 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place in Vegas that has style, good location, 2 or more bedrooms, and little or no maintenance. I'll be there for stretches of 3 or 4 days at a time about 10 times per year for business.

Most people, realtors, attorneys, etc. suggest Summerlin or Green Valley but I'm looking for something that is a bit more urban. From what I can see online the condos appeal most to me as they don't have yards to care for and have community pool areas and recreation for when my wife and kids are with me.

I want a place that will be fun for a family to visit, look classy for business meetings, and be under $500k. I'm concerned about the future of the condo market in Las Vegas, value wise. I live in Santa Barbara CA. I've seen some condos online for as low as $160k that look nice to me.

Thanks for sharing any thoughts on the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 08:28 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4warm View Post
I'm looking for a place in Vegas that has style, good location, 2 or more bedrooms, and little or no maintenance. I'll be there for stretches of 3 or 4 days at a time about 10 times per year for business.

Most people, realtors, attorneys, etc. suggest Summerlin or Green Valley but I'm looking for something that is a bit more urban. From what I can see online the condos appeal most to me as they don't have yards to care for and have community pool areas and recreation for when my wife and kids are with me.

I want a place that will be fun for a family to visit, look classy for business meetings, and be under $500k. I'm concerned about the future of the condo market in Las Vegas, value wise. I live in Santa Barbara CA. I've seen some condos online for as low as $160k that look nice to me.

Well let us see...an intriguing challenge.

You can pick up close to 2000SF, 2BR in Panorama for $400K. That leaves a hundred K to offset the exorbitant HOA fees...

Turnberry Tower and Turnberry Place will get you maybe 1400 to 1500 SF For 400K. Nice grounds and environs

Allure and Sky will get in the same range. Metropolish will get a 2000SF 2 floor loft for less than 400K

The downtown lofts...Soho and Newport Under 250K...

Boca Raton...convenient South Strip...250K or less. Basicallly new

Get three bedrooms in Manhattan Condos for under $250K.

And the ultimate dice roller deal you can pick up a big unit in Meridian...2 BR Two bath...easy walk to the strip and a nice facility...$200K.

You might consider the Las Vegas Country Club. Has both townhouses and SFRs that you can likely treat as a condo. Place is quite secure. 2BR 2 Bath for under 300K. Real nice digs at $450K.

Something different? How about the home of the rich and famous...Spanish Trails. A gate guarded two/two on the course can be yours for 350K....use part of the savings to join the ultimate inside Vegas country club. And that is a deal at the moment. Recissions cut down rich people as well as the poor.

The other Spanish...Oaks. A town house or a full home in a guard gated compound three minutes from the strip. Older but some great stuff. Get 3/2 under $350K.

Want to be away from it all? Wonderful town home condo buys in Lake Las Vegas. Very low acquisition costs...high HOAs. Some neat townhouses quite inexpensive.

That should do for a starter. For what you want I doubt you need to get more than $300 or $350K and that is living high on the hog.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:20 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,953,476 times
Quote:

Panorama north is tower 3 and they opened during the melt down of the banks lending. The highrise has been taken over by the bank and the building is really beautiful, they have all the amenities of towers 1 and 2 except for the guard gate, however they have a bellman and concierge and pool and spa just like the other towers. There hoa is cheaper there as well only 42 cents a foot. They have a 2 bedroom brand new for $242,00 on the 5th floor or a unit on the 30th floor for $360,085.

Allure still has new units as well that the developer is offering great deals, you can get a brand new 2 bedroom unit starting in the mid to low $300,000. Both of these highrise properties are very close to the strip.
The developers and banks of highrise's that have existing inventory that they have dropped prices way below what previous buyers paid.

The main thing with highrise properties you will pay a higher HOA's due to the amenities and staff that is needed for a highrise. You are buying a way of life much different then a single family home.

There are great deals to be found in almost all of the highrise properties, it's a matter of which property suits your needs. Since you come to Vegas 4 days of the week you may really like having a concierge that can be used as your personal secretary to make arrangements for dry cleaning, ordering out, booking shows and transpertion ect.

The highrise properties have great meeting rooms and excercies facilities and probably the most secure properties you will ever live in.

Hope this was helpful,

Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 AM

968 posts, read 2,063,427 times
It should be mentioned that many of the above listed places will have difficulty obtaining financing.

A side note, Panorama North tower would be like living in a graveyard. I think only about 30 units have sold and only a handful of people live there. Their prices have come down at least twice and just reset lower again last week. Probably still more room to fall.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:03 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,030,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Something different? How about the home of the rich and famous...Spanish Trails. A gate guarded two/two on the course can be yours for 350K....use part of the savings to join the ultimate inside Vegas country club. And that is a deal at the moment. Recissions cut down rich people as well as the poor.
I know that this question is quite subjective, but in your opinion, are the amenities at Spanish Trail worth the approximate $500/month HOA fee?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:55 PM

Wow, thank you for the great feedback! I'm looking through the suggestions online right now. I liked the looks of Boca Raton and was leaning toward low rise condos because I would like the option of bringing the family dog (a small one) but see that Panorama North has a 'dog park' so I'm guessing they allow for dogs? Anyway, I plan to pay cash up to $300k. If I fell for something in the $400k range do you think financing would be possible with 75% down? Or is it just totally out of the question?

Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 PM

Is there an online source for comparing HOA fees?

Old 10-30-2009, 02:08 PM

16 posts, read 49,816 times
Quote:
Anyway, I plan to pay cash up to $300k. If I fell for something in the $400k range do you think financing would be possible with 75% down? Or is it just totally out of the question?
lol now your just bragging lol

Old 10-30-2009, 03:08 PM

228 posts, read 555,407 times
If you have a chance, also check out links/information/pics for C2 Lofts in Summerlin. Urban/Loft style living in the suburbs.
I know you mentioned a preference for an urban neighborhood, but also worth a look. The area, although a suburb, is thought of as "downtown" Summerlin (Summerlin Centre), if that means anything to you.
I was very, very close to going with one of their floorplans (2.5-3 years ago), but ended up going with a home just down the street.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:10 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
It should be mentioned that many of the above listed places will have difficulty obtaining financing.

A side note, Panorama North tower would be like living in a graveyard. I think only about 30 units have sold and only a handful of people live there. Their prices have come down at least twice and just reset lower again last week. Probably still more room to fall.

You know a number of these will have that problem. Even those that are sold out are probably only 20% occupied on the random week night. The high rise towers are probably the worst but all will have it to one degree or another. On a fight weekend different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: