Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 12,690 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Las Vegas in August and I"m pregnant with my 3rd child. The previous two were high risk and c-sections. I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Richard Groom. Anyone know anything about him or have other suggestions? Also which hospitals are best? I'll be living in 89145. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 04:30 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,048 times
When you tell your current OBGYN you are moving to LV., wouldn't they try to check out someone they feel comfortable referring you to?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,252,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
When you tell your current OBGYN you are moving to LV., wouldn't they try to check out someone they feel comfortable referring you to?
That's very good advice--it can be very difficult to find a ob/gyn in Vegas and you may have to wait a good while to get an appointment.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:04 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I would think a treating doctor would hesitate to make a recommendation to any doctor he/she had not worked with and knew personally, especially in a high risk pregnancy case. The current doctor would have no way of knowing what information might be on file with the National Practitioner's Data Bank. As a patient, I believe an individual can query a physician's lawsuit/sanction history.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,252,207 times
Perhaps the OP should wait until she delivers to make her move.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL86 View Post
I'm moving to Las Vegas in August and I"m pregnant with my 3rd child. The previous two were high risk and c-sections. I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Richard Groom. Anyone know anything about him or have other suggestions? Also which hospitals are best? I'll be living in 89145. Thanks!
Typical gen-Xer...first she gets pregnant, then she moves...and then finally looks for a Groom!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 12,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Typical gen-Xer...first she gets pregnant, then she moves...and then finally looks for a Groom!
wow jfkIII..I ask for suggestions on an OBGYN and i get that? just so maybe next time you won't be so judgemental and sterotype someone just from one post. I have been married to the same man for four years and our oldest is 3. If you do the math there...I WAS MARRIED FIRST! and I'm STILL married to that same man.
should i jump to conclusions that you are the one that sleeps around?

and to the poster above, I can't wait until I deliver because i'm only 10 weeks along and we are moving in three weeks. but thanks for letting me know it takes forever to get an appointment. I'll call now and make an appointment instead of waiting until I am down there.

still no suggestions from anyone though?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:17 AM

250 posts, read 1,112,690 times
My wife and I would absolutely recommend Dr. Steven Harter from the Women's Center in the medical offices next to Summerlin Hospital. He is absolutely awesome and delivered our two children and we would have him deliver any future children. He actually sees his patients every visit and doesn't just send his nurse in. He came in to check on my wife every day while she was in recovery after delivery. He is very professional and an all around really nice person. You will however probably run into times when there is a decent wait, but that is because he sees all of his patients and when one of his patients ends up coming in for delivery unexpected, he always attends to that patient to deliver and unfortunately that can push his regular appointments back an hour or two.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:28 AM

250 posts, read 1,112,690 times
Also I would highly recommend Summerlin Hospital. They have nice large delivery rooms and when you deliver the baby it never leaves your bedside, unless there are complications and it needs to go to the NICU. I know some other hospitals require the baby to be in the nursery for a certain amount of time after delivery even if it's completely healthy, which I think is ridiculous. Also the nurses in our experience have always been very caring and attentive.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:59 AM

124 posts, read 476,296 times
My sister who is over 45 just had fraternal twins in June. Talk about high risk!!
Her doctor was Dr. Kelley and he has privileges at Mountain View Hospital.
Mountain View Hospital is nicer and more organized than Summerlin Hospital.
I know this because I've had over night surgeries at both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas