Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 09:20 PM

4 posts, read 6,941 times

Advertisements

This is the first time I have ever seen so many people go through multiple interviews, have expensive drug tests administered, then passed by the candidates, and subsequentally see such a high percentage have to wait and wonder if they will recieve a job offer. Granted, there are thousands of people to start in a short time, but each department should be able to atleast have the decency to send out a brief communication to their possible new employees that they do in fact have the intention of backing up their ( phony?) 'congratulations' and give these people who gave up so much time to try out for the job a little reassurance that City Center isnt just wasting your time and that everyone WILL get their offer between so-and-so dates. Very confusing and unprofessional hiring process to say the least.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 09:30 PM

115 posts, read 265,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLanding View Post
This is the first time I have ever seen so many people go through multiple interviews, have expensive drug tests administered, then passed by the candidates, and subsequentally see such a high percentage have to wait and wonder if they will recieve a job offer. Granted, there are thousands of people to start in a short time, but each department should be able to atleast have the decency to send out a brief communication to their possible new employees that they do in fact have the intention of backing up their ( phony?) 'congratulations' and give these people who gave up so much time to try out for the job a little reassurance that City Center isnt just wasting your time and that everyone WILL get their offer between so-and-so dates. Very confusing and unprofessional hiring process to say the least.....

I do agree. For them to tell you "Congratulations" on the phone or in my case when I went in for my drug test it was almost as common as saying "Hello". I think thru this whole process I have heard the word "Congratulations" at least ten times. From interview to drug test to a couple of phone calls to finally signing my job offer. And I don't think it will stop there. I think when I go in for my processing I'll hear it a few more times..lol

I hope they don't make us answer the phones for Aria that way..lol " Hello and Congratulations for calling Aria, How may I assist you?"

Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 PM

I hope they don't make us answer the phones for Aria that way..lol " Hello and Congratulations for calling Aria, How may I assist you?"[/quote]

Now THAT is funny as heck !

What really stinks is that many folks here who justifiably assumed that they would be getting a job offer many weeks ago after having obviously passed their drug test have wasted precious time in searching for, and possibly attaining, other work that may not be longer available as time has lapsed.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:49 PM

24 posts, read 52,774 times
just to let you know many many people have been on 3 interviews and passed a drug test only to get the dreaded rejection email

Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvegas023 View Post
just to let you know many many people have been on 3 interviews and passed a drug test only to get the dreaded rejection email

So, those that have not received a rejection email or had their status changed to 'inactive' should still believe that they are in line for an offer ?

Or are they holding on to a few 'Plan B-ers' in case some of those they have chosen first decline their offer ?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 PM

6 posts, read 10,560 times
They probably are "Plan B-ers". I am one of them.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLanding View Post
So, those that have not received a rejection email or had their status changed to 'inactive' should still believe that they are in line for an offer ?

Or are they holding on to a few 'Plan B-ers' in case some of those they have chosen first decline their offer ?

My status is still open and active and I have yet to be interviewed or drug tested. I have no hopes on CC calling me and will turn down any future job offers if I am gainfully employed by then.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM

47 posts, read 122,359 times
Hey Pixie what is the hourly pay for bartenders?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 PM

8 posts, read 13,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
I just found out that Tuesday will be MY last day to receive a job offer (for my department). At least I know when my "fat lady" is going to sing...
What department?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:31 PM

159 posts, read 287,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbnprincess View Post
Hey pizza...to be honest im not sure? The rep that I talked to sounded a little bit irritated...who knows if she just said that so I stop calling...lol. Im hoping it goes till mid October that way we all have a better chance of getting in
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
Your not the only one feeling the pain... I don't care if I got the job or not, I just wanna know! LOL

Just keep hanging on, we are here for ya!
Thanks I feel the same way just let me know so I can just get over it and move on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas