Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:19 AM

4 posts, read 26,441 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I could really use some help. This is my first time posting and it looks like a great place to get some feed back.

I am getting ready to move to Las Vegas from the San Fran Bay Area, CA. Doing this for work. I have traveled to Vegas many times for fun but never left the strip area.

Looking for some opinions on where I should live. Not sure if I will rent or buy, condo or house, however, the following are my ideal desires:

-price range ($1500-$2000/mo rent) or ($250,000-$600,000 buy)
-2 bedroom
-reasonable commute to the airport for work and travel
-pool/hot tub on site, shared or private
-view of something, prefer strip, lake, or something to appear special
-safe area - low population of gang bangers and crime
-looking to be near young professionals (late 20's, early 30's)
-I am single so a social area near by would be nice but not covered in tourists

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,690,452 times
sounds like the South Strip is good for you, we don't really have a young professional area here. Your price range is also more than good for the area.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,047,026 times
Well, you've got enough money so you will be fine. I would suggest a short term rental for 6 months or so. It would give you a chance to see and get to know LV. You can live just about anywhere you want so come check out all the choices. By the time you've been through a summer and lived here for 6 months, you will know where you want to live.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:03 AM

2 posts, read 10,944 times
Summerlin is a great area to live and there are several young professionals in the area. You can also joing the Vegas Young Professionals Network - it's a great way to meet new people.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:05 AM

49 posts, read 401,315 times
Easy! Summerlin or Green Valley (south of the strip).

The only thing that all the places here that won't meet your standards is:

"reasonable commute to the airport for work and travel"

Everywhere in Las Vegas you will run into traffic. You may get lucky with pockets of emptiness, but as the population with cars grow so does the congestion.

Remember years ago when I can drive one end of town to the other end in less than 15 minutes. Those days are well LONG gone!

Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhouse View Post
Easy! Summerlin or Green Valley (south of the strip).

The only thing that all the places here that won't meet your standards is:

"reasonable commute to the airport for work and travel"

Everywhere in Las Vegas you will run into traffic. You may get lucky with pockets of emptiness, but as the population with cars grow so does the congestion.

Remember years ago when I can drive one end of town to the other end in less than 15 minutes. Those days are well LONG gone!
Uhhh compared to where?. Of the major cities of the US Las Vegas is just fine. Generally twenty five minutes from Summerlin unless in the middle of the rush hour. Years ago it was a city of 250,000.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:35 PM

24 posts, read 106,687 times
Quote:
there are several young professionals in the area
There are several young professionals in the area.

Lol, this just seemed very funny to me.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:08 PM

201 posts, read 964,619 times
Your price ranges put you in the driver seat for almost anywhere out here. As far as location I think the SW is the most convienient & easiest to get to places. The farther west you go the better the views and the lower the traffic. Check out Green Valley, 7 Hills, Southern Highlands area's. I agree with a short term rental as well. Tons of gated complexes here with all the goodies. Pool, hot tub etc.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:13 PM

222 posts, read 1,046,034 times
From the Green Valley area you will get to the airport in about 10-15 minutes in almost any traffic unless there's an accident restricting the flow.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 PM

78 posts, read 342,786 times
Young professionals and more "urban dwellers" are moving into the South Strip. Newer to Vegas are our Mid Rise projects such as Manhattan, Park Avenue and the new Boca Raton and Loft 5. The South Strip is about 3 miles South of Mandalay Bay. These communities are a mix of "mostly single" 30 somethings....affordability and convenience are the key to these communities catering to the mid career professional. You can find quite a few choices in your price range for purchase. Rentals can be had in these communites as well. Guard gated, state of the are fitness facility, business center, media rooms...spa treatment facilities, pools ...spas...too much to list...but it is a great place to begin your home search....GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: