Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:03 AM

13 posts, read 35,161 times

Advertisements

I've been having a lot of problems with my mail delivery these past few months. (I live in 89122) A few things have been lost in the mail, a few envelopes have arrived torn open, but most frequently it is my Netflix movies and my magazines arriving late and already opened. Grrrrr!

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and how you remedied the situation?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 09:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,136,984 times
is the USPS stil even around????wow......havent used them since email lol

Old 11-22-2008, 03:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,303,392 times
Om,
I keep having my netflix movies arrive late and already opened. Sometimes I never even get them, and they show up as returned when i never got them! Then i have to re-request them. I think the person that delivers the mail puts them in the wrong mailbox and someone else is enjoying them. That's irritating.

You can complain to your local post office. Fill out a complaint form. List everything that's gone wrong. Then your mail service should improve. My guess is your mail is being delivered to other people and they are doing the same thing as my missing mail. Watching your movies and reading your magazines.
Sometimes, it's internal mail theft. I just read a story on how many postal carriers will hoard magazines and junk mail instead of delivering it.

Last edited by PinkString; 11-22-2008 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: added more

Old 11-22-2008, 04:02 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,954,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Om,
I keep having my netflix movies arrive late and already opened. Sometimes I never even get them, and they show up as returned when i never got them! Then i have to re-request them. I think the person that delivers the mail puts them in the wrong mailbox and someone else is enjoying them. That's irritating.

You can complain to your local post office. Fill out a complaint form. List everything that's gone wrong. Then your mail service should improve. My guess is your mail is being delivered to other people and they are doing the same thing as my missing mail. Watching your movies and reading your magazines.
Sometimes, it's internal mail theft. I just read a story on how many postal carriers will hoard magazines and junk mail instead of delivering it.

But, if that's the case how are they getting them back in your box without giving them to the mailman? Then the mailman would see they were opened. Or do you think they are opening them and putting them back in their box to resend?

That really blows. I do blockbuster and haven't had a problem. They get here in a day or two of returning them to the store. It's great, actually.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:31 PM

169 posts, read 1,085,211 times
Hmmmnnn. I ordered some panty hose a few weeks back. I wonder if my mailman stole them!
Maybe he wearing them right now....LOL

Old 11-22-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
But, if that's the case how are they getting them back in your box without giving them to the mailman? Then the mailman would see they were opened. Or do you think they are opening them and putting them back in their box to resend?

That really blows. I do blockbuster and haven't had a problem. They get here in a day or two of returning them to the store. It's great, actually.
Whoever is getting the missing netflix is just puttting them back in the mailer that comes with netflix and sending them back to netflix after they watch them. So when i'm checking netflix to find where my missing movies are, they show they've already been returned. So someone is watching them and returning them..being a butthead.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
Hmmmnnn. I ordered some panty hose a few weeks back. I wonder if my mailman stole them!
Maybe he wearing them right now....LOL
I'll be on the lookout for mailmen wearing pantyhose. If I see any, i'll snap a photo of his legs and post it here and you can see if they are your missing one's.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:24 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,517,978 times
Pink...try Red Box (you see them at McDonald's out there and we have them at supermarkets here.) $1 rental per night...can return to any other Red Box machine.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:27 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,228,858 times
They stopped their service of INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING as well....the one by ship. You can ONLY send things by air now.

I think the United States is probably one of the first countries in the world to stop their SHIPPING INT'L services to it's citizens.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Pink...try Red Box (you see them at McDonald's out there and we have them at supermarkets here.) $1 rental per night...can return to any other Red Box machine.
I know about red box. There is one in the local Smiths. Always a freight train long line of people in it. I like the convenience* of netflix, i just want to actually get them more. Since I sent a complaint to the post office, I've gotten more of my DVD's, but still miss a few here and there.

*I am actually one of the few that can spell that word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas