Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 05:31 AM

461 posts, read 667,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I have been to the Cliffs of Dover a couple of times. Nice units that is VERY convenient to the base. I imagine only active or retired military living there. The guarded gate should help with the resale. It is actually the only active guarded gated community in the area.

Eagle Trace just started placing a guard at their main entrance. Probably a result of the Cliffs opening up.

Sent from watch

Hubby is retired military & still works as a Federal employee. So his thinking is to rent to military after a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 12:29 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvette8 View Post
We looked at a new homes in 89115 called "The Cliffs at Dover". They are selling townhomes and duplexs and it will be gated with a guard. Hubby likes the convenience to Nellis where he will be working, but I'm worried about the re-sale value if we move. Advice?
No matter where you live close to the base, the biggest problem comes when you're forced to relocate after 3 or 4 years - it's hard to sell and often find yourself in deep trouble.

You might do a Google Maps search for the areas north of Craig Road and west of I-15. Still close to the base but less crime.

We've just moved into the area near MLK and Alexander and find it nicer than where we lived near DI and Eastern. We also lived in 89115 but the neighborhood was nice with little crime.

Anywhere you live in Vegas away from military-concentrated neighborhoods, you'll never get to know your neighbors.

Good luck.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:58 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
Hubby is retired military & still works as a Federal employee. So his thinking is to rent to military after a few years.
I would think those units would make great rentals to the military. Check the HOA docs for any limitations.

And you can live there fine as long as you understand you need urban smarts in the surrounding area.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:31 AM

Location: OC, Big Bear Lake, Las Vegas NV, Laughlin NV, Palm Desert CA
113 posts, read 422,809 times
I all I can say is with a house or neighborhood: If you're worried, have doubts or it doesn't feel like a good idea, it's probably not a wise investment. Every single time I didn't listen to that little voice that had doubts ( the conscience ) I regretting it very much and nothing is more expensive than buying the wrong house. We have done it more than once. It's an expensive and stressful mistake that cost a fortune to fix by buying another home and selling the home you shouldn't have bought in the first place. Until you move you just spend your time with regrets and unhappiness. I'd rather live in an apartment than buy the wrong house. At least you can give notice and move. A house is much harder and expensive to leave. Just being a realist that is speaking from experience.

Last edited by Oldwestgambler; 11-24-2013 at 10:41 AM..

Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,492 times
I am disabled & looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent. I need a one level house accessible, can someone please tell me the best areas to look?? Just want some place peaceful..

Old 05-30-2014, 06:28 PM

7 posts, read 15,626 times
Quote:
We looked at a new homes in 89115 called "The Cliffs at Dover". They are selling townhomes and duplexs and it will be gated with a guard. Hubby likes the convenience to Nellis where he will be working, but I'm worried about the re-sale value if we move. Advice?
My family just moved into Cliff at Dover and its a pretty nice complex. There are a lot of renters living here mainly in the condos towards the front. Most people here are nice. I have a couple of retirees living next too me. I wonder how it is going to be once everything is done, I guess only time will tell. Not bad so far. We figure if things get too hairy we can move in a year on base.

As an investment, if you can get a house here in below 200, it could be a nice investment for you if you can get it rented out and choose a proper management company to help you out. I don't see reselling being a viable option for a long time, but as a rental investment, could be worth your time to buy and lease it out to a military family like ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas