Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:48 AM

36 posts, read 262,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
have to give cuban some credit, he gave us his number, but I did not try to call though to see it was really him

he has a point, fiberglass has been around for a long time, if it was is such a miracle material for pools why is cement the preferred method for in ground pools?
Save your $$$$ its JUNK .... BTW that is my real name and number
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancomp View Post
Having a less custom pool that is less maintenance is not a miracle in my opinion. I am gonna venture to guess cement pools will be the choice for hotels and most expensive homes for a long time.

The fiberglass pool gets delivered pre-made and it's a bit slippery. It's a far cry from someone coming and making a one of kind custom made cement pool. All I can think of to explain is think of real porcelain bathtubs compared to plastic or what have you. Nothing will replace the feel of a solid porcelain tub but then again many chose plastic tubs that works just fine for a lot less. It's up to your preference and your needs. My preference is something better than an aboveground temporary setup but not $50k.

http://www.sunrise-pools.com/html/body_fiberglass.html
This is Junk San Juan Pools,composite,fiberglass,ceramic etc will not survive the test of time. if you don't want a plaster finish . go to a tile outlet and get
12 x 24 sheets of mosaic tile and do the pool with it... BTW your PH will always be perfect...

Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
Now that's the kind of pool I would have if money were no object! Tile! I can tile anything that will stand still long enough. Will it last on a pool? Is it worth considering if I could do it myself?

I can even MAKE tile!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Now that's the kind of pool I would have if money were no object! Tile! I can tile anything that will stand still long enough. Will it last on a pool? Is it worth considering if I could do it myself?

I can even MAKE tile!
Its not that expensive if you do it yourself . I did a pool a few years ago 14x28 dog leg 900.00sq ft plus 10 to 20 % for waste @ 1.00 sq ft in miami . use white thin set and grout with same all @ once. curves are the trick. You sound like a tile man, wouldn't be a problem for you. just make sure its mosiac tile will last 30 plus years longer if you use white for pool and other color for water line.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:02 PM

23 posts, read 802,459 times
I have to say I addressed the fading issue in my post. I got white and there are more expensive fade resistant finishes. As far as blistering problems, keep water in the pool.

Cuban, much better post with pricing info, thanks. Can you recommend the most cost effective way to heat up a 2300 gallon pool? It won't be heated all the time of course.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I have to say I addressed the fading issue in my post. I got white and there are more expensive fade resistant finishes. As far as blistering problems, keep water in the pool.

Cuban, much better post with pricing info, thanks. Can you recommend the most cost effective way to heat up a 2300 gallon pool? It won't be heated all the time of course.
2300 gal. pool ??? is that a pool ??? titanium heat pump not copper. and of course put a ball valve on in and out. then before connection cut in tee 2" of course with another ball valve in center to totally bypass heat pump, when heater not in use or adding acid to spa or pool. I also maintain and setup saltwater Aquariums my site is keyreef.com. or put 4 solar panels a lot cheaper than(about 120.00 per panel) electric but then again if its cloudy it won't get hot.

as for your post: fade resistant finishes !!! thats a myth like ordering extra cheese on a pizza. The Sun will cook the finish ... fahgetaboutit resistant finish is crap. and keeping water to avoid blistering is BS. Thats from air pockets in the finish that with time crack then water gets behind it, then kobalt
CHECK CALCIUM KEEP IT @ 350PPM
IF LOWER THAN 200PPM IT WILL DESTROY POOL RANGE 200-400 PPM I HAVE POOLS WITH CALCIUM @ 800PPM DUE TO THERE WATER AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T GO OVER 1000 PPM DON'T WORRY.
ASK AWAY I DO 150 POOLS A WEEK FROM LEHIGH ACRES TO CAPE CORAL TO SANIBEL AND CAPTIVA ISLAND. I ALSO MAINTAIN SALTWATER AQUARIUMS FROM 75 GAL TO 800 GAL. KEYREEF.COM I LOVE VEGAS

Last edited by cuban; 03-08-2007 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban View Post
2300 gal. pool ??? is that a pool ??? titanium heat pump not copper. and of course put a ball valve on in and out. then before connection cut in tee 2" of course with another ball valve in center to totally bypass heat pump, when heater not in use or adding acid to spa or pool. I also maintain and setup saltwater Aquariums my site is keyreef.com.
LOL, yea well I'm guessing I might be heating it on special occasions like a big ol' hot tub. Now you see how cost effective I really went, hahah. Can't wait to get some pics up here. I'm planning on comin to Vegas this Sun.

Anyway, I'm a complete novice at this stuff so from your reply I get:
Titanium heat pump (not copper) and a bunch of install instructions. Is it Gas? There's all kinds of types out and I think for different needs some are better than others. I'm curious of brands and types of pumps. I'll probably take your instructions walk into home depot or some pool place and start asking questions.

You should note not everyone has the same needs for a pool. I don't live in my house so I wanted something quick, easy and low/zero maintenance. Those cement pools will keep you in business, heheh.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
LOL, yea well I'm guessing I might be heating it on special occasions like a big ol' hot tub. Now you see how cost effective I really went, hahah. Can't wait to get some pics up here. I'm planning on comin to Vegas this Sun.

Anyway, I'm a complete novice at this stuff so from your reply I get:
Titanium heat pump (not copper) and a bunch of install instructions. Is it Gas? There's all kinds of types out and I think for different needs some are better than others. I'm curious of brands and types of pumps. I'll probably take your instructions walk into home depot or some pool place and start asking questions.

You should note not everyone has the same needs for a pool. I don't live in my house so I wanted something quick, easy and low/zero maintenance. Those cement pools will keep you in business, heheh.
IFMFAO: I wanted something quick, easy and low/zero maintenance. its called going to the beach.... LMFAO:::take your MEDS.... Gas heater I guess you don't know crap ... first off genius gas is not that cheap compared to electric and you'll have to stay on top of it or it will rust away in one year if you don't turn it on.. Going to Home Depot for what a pump? they sell junk. you gota go to a pool shop wholesaler.. not pinch a penny or leslies or whatever. Do your home work , on the internet not talking to some douchebag @ a store that makes commission .. if it at your second home there are places that will go to your home and heat the pool in 24hrs for like 300.00 for a party ... sure beats spending 3500.00 on a heat pump. and stey away from recreation warehouse they advertise heat pumps for 1200.00 its crap just go there and see what they sell. do your home work or someone will take your cash,its that simple. well its happy hour

Last edited by cuban; 03-08-2007 at 05:00 PM..

Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
I wonder.....Can one use glass tile? Like I said, I can make it myself. Would that hold up?

Old 03-08-2007, 08:47 PM

Default next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban View Post
IFMFAO: I wanted something quick, easy and low/zero maintenance. its called going to the beach.... LMFAO:::take your MEDS.... Gas heater I guess you don't know crap ... first off genius gas is not that cheap compared to electric and you'll have to stay on top of it or it will rust away in one year if you don't turn it on.. Going to Home Depot for what a pump? they sell junk. you gota go to a pool shop wholesaler.. not pinch a penny or leslies or whatever. Do your home work , on the internet not talking to some douchebag @ a store that makes commission .. if it at your second home there are places that will go to your home and heat the pool in 24hrs for like 300.00 for a party ... sure beats spending 3500.00 on a heat pump. and stey away from recreation warehouse they advertise heat pumps for 1200.00 its crap just go there and see what they sell. do your home work or someone will take your cash,its that simple. well its happy hour
Julian deleted my last post which probably hurt his feelings. He's a bit flippant so here goes again.

"Titanium heat pump (not copper)"

I said:
"Is it Gas? There's all kinds of types out and I think for different needs some are better than others. I'm curious of brands and types of pumps."

It's obvious I asked if his solution was gas cuz I was shopping around for other solutions. I NOW know a heat pump is electric and that's what I was thinking was better for me but again I don't know as I'm not a pool guy.

Talked some crap saying sarcastically I'm a "genius" when I already said "I'm a complete novice at this stuff" No need to put down a complete stranger online for asking a question when that's what this whole thread is about unless you're insecure.

Accused/assumed me of selling pool stuff! I'm an importer and retailer of alternative medicines which I would recommend he look into instead of alcohol.

Assumes he knows everything about someone by a post? Vegas house is my only house not a vacant second home. I was gonna live there but had to relocate. I have tenants now. That's posted earlier but he doesn't cover his basis by reading things thouroghly.

Assumed Home Depot employees work on commission.

He said irrelavant info that I should go to a beach. I grew up on the sand literally. Hawaii, Australia, California, Santa Cruz. I've had ocean water come into my bedroom before - My step father was first editor of Surfer mag. So I wanted some water next to me when I moved to Vegas and I didn't want to spend even $30k getting it. So yea, I'm used to going to the beach and the only beach I know of in Vegas is at Mandalay Bay.

My point is I don't put people down I don't know, I don't assume things about people, and this guy although maybe a competant pool guy says things w/o thinking, wrongly interprets things then tried to accuse me of needing meds.

I wonder if he's ever assumed a pool was safe when it wasn't, god forbid.

fyi - There's a patented self cleaning salt water fish tank system in Florida at the Nakava owned by Jeffrey Bowman. It's a no/low maintenance salt water aquarium according to him.

http://www.nakava.com/

Julian, I appreciate you giving info for the good of others for free as I did. Calling me, store employees, or anybody names just cuz you can (it's like kicking a baby) is immature and unproductive and I'm sure nobody here cares so get an online blogg, counselling as I mentioned before, or some other outlet for that crap.

On a personal note - I train at an MMA gym to get my anger out. It's productive for calming me down so I'm not combative in my daily life. I'll be in Florida March 17 there buddy and funny enough we're lookin for a gym to train at for the week we are there. Maybe I'll call you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas