Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe whoever wins Nov 4 a big difference is immediate for us down the "food chain?&am
Yes, if Obama wins 6 46.15%
Yes, if McCain wins 2 15.38%
No, regardless of who wins 5 38.46%
No, only if justice is renewed by us 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM

6 posts, read 13,949 times

Advertisements

Just thought Id share this with any of you who hadnt seen it. Makes me laugh at how unnoticeable it all is until its pointed out LOL

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-nyc-when.html

Old 10-01-2008, 05:42 AM

230 posts, read 884,896 times
Does anybody know what the deal with the police helicopters flashing their lights down over the city is all about. I have noticed this happening quite a few times late at night (In Henderson) and am wondering if they do this everywhere or if it means they are looking for somebody. They have been flying over and over our immediate area for about 15 mins now. It is 4:40 am. Does anybody else notice this?

Old 10-01-2008, 05:51 AM

230 posts, read 884,896 times
OK, I am officially starting to get freaked out. It has been almost a half hour now and they are still flying over the neighborhood shining their lights and I saw a cop drive thru the apt complex. It's so loud I can hardly sleep.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acapr220 View Post
Does anybody know what the deal with the police helicopters flashing their lights down over the city is all about. I have noticed this happening quite a few times late at night (In Henderson) and am wondering if they do this everywhere or if it means they are looking for somebody. They have been flying over and over our immediate area for about 15 mins now. It is 4:40 am. Does anybody else notice this?
That would be my assumption, looking for someone.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:58 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acapr220 View Post
OK, I am officially starting to get freaked out. It has been almost a half hour now and they are still flying over the neighborhood shining their lights and I saw a cop drive thru the apt complex. It's so loud I can hardly sleep.

Eek. That is freaky. I didn't hear them and that is even more freaky. Maybe you can call the police dept. Or the office?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM

322 posts, read 1,270,353 times
how did we miss this :
Las Vegas Hilton's Sports Book robbed

mod cut: text removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 10-01-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: copyright issues. Please do not copy-and-paste an article in its entirety. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,596 times
Default Gave a ride to a murderess...

One early morning sometime in the fall of 2006, I stopped at my local Albertson's supermarket to get a few things I knew I would need over my weekend. A small, thin black woman approached me, and asked about money. Thinking she was a panhandler, I stated that I did not carry cash. She stated that she wanted to pay me to take her to an apartment complex nearby, and that she was afraid to walk to it. Since it was still dark, I consented, and she got into my car. She wore her hair pulled back real tight, tied into a bun or sorts, and had a perfect part. I mean perfect. She was wearing a pair of grey or greyish blue capri pants, sports oxfords, and a tee-type top with a light-grey/dark-grey houndstooth pattern. She also was wearing a light blue jeans jacket, and she was carrying something in a plastic shopping bag.

I took her about a block and a half to an apartment complex on the west side of Lamb Boulevard south of Bonanza Road. She said little, but when I let her out in the parking lot, she promised to bring me a couple of bucks for my trouble. After she left, I waited for about 5 to 7 minutes, then decided that I didn't need her money, and I went home.

It was about 5:45 a.m. when I turned the morning news on, and I was very stunned to hear that a Hispanic man had been murdered about a mile north of the Albertson's store where I had shopped. He had been killed in the doorway of his apratment, and that someone had reported seeing a slender black woman flee the scene wearing a "checkered t-shirt" and grey pants. I was certain that I had given this women a ride only about 30 miniutes earlier. I contemplated what to do about it, and some time later, I called Secret Witness, now known as Crime-Stoppers, and inquired about leaving a statement. I was transferred around until I gave up. I called back two more times that week, and was told that no one was available to take my statement, and to call back. I waited a month and called back. Same story. No one seemed to in the least bit interested in hearing what I had to say. I'm sure if the Hispanic man's family was rich and powerful, I would have been listened to. Any comments? Please be polite. I was.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:07 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Do you know if they ever caught her? Or did they pin it on someone else? That is a shame. And you are one lucky person with a big heart.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:53 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Never give rides to people you don't know. And don't get in a car with someone you do not know.

I remember back in the late 70's, hitchhiking with my boyfriend at the time in southern California. A guy stopped and gave us a ride. My BF in the front seat, me in the back. The dude kept looking around really paranoid, kept asking about every single car behind and the side of him "Is that a cop??? Is that a cop???" Over and over again, looking around with big eyes, while speeding way over the speed limit. We kept telling him no, no cops, and please slow down. he kept going faster, and thankfully got low on gas eventually, so pulled off to a gas station next to the freeway. We both jumped out and took off. We didn't wait around to see what he would do. My guess is he stole the car and was on the run. I think I gave up hitchhiking shortly after that. I started taking the bus.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:54 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I wasn't drivin a stolen car Pinkie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas