Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,302,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I want to know too! That would be a great alternative to a pool or even in addition to a pool!
There is a standard pool technique where they make one end of the pool 6 inches or so deep on an area suitable for laying in. Couch potato version of swimming. Dogs would love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 03:02 PM

58 posts, read 312,884 times
We worked with a landscaper to design it. PM me and I will give you the name or try to email you the blueprints.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 854 times
This is a helpful link. I'm moving to Las Vegas this year with my Rottweiler. I worry about the cost of electric since I like the AC on for him 24/7 in the the summer. We're going to live in a 1-2 bedroom apt. So about $100 to $175 in the summer? Are there any swimming pool for dogs in Las Vegas? 

Old 08-13-2016, 11:21 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,113,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianouttea View Post
This is a helpful link. I'm moving to Las Vegas this year with my Rottweiler. I worry about the cost of electric since I like the AC on for him 24/7 in the the summer. We're going to live in a 1-2 bedroom apt. So about $100 to $175 in the summer? Are there any swimming pool for dogs in Las Vegas? 
This is an old thread but the information is still relevant. Your dog will be quite happy inside at 78 or 80 degrees as long as he has plenty of water available. No dog pools that I know of but I think it's a great idea.

Regarding the electric bill, a 2 br apt could easily run $175. When you are looking for a place to live, look for shade trees, double pane windows, doors that seal properly, and decent insulation. If you pick a West facing unit, your electricity will take a hit because you will be in direct sun for most of the day/evening.

If you can move up a bit to a Townhome with a tiny yard, you could probably give your dog one of those plastic kid pools. Dogs love those!

Old 08-14-2016, 12:55 AM

44 posts, read 47,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianouttea View Post
Last summer we lived in a small 1 bedroom apartment, bottom floor, boxed in. The building was new and supposedly energy efficient. We kept the temperature around 76 for our dogs and our energy bill was at the most $90 (but usually way less, even in the summer). Figured out that most of that was from the crappy washer/dryer as the usage always spiked significantly on laundry day.

People bring small pools to the dog parks in the summer.

Hope that helps!

Old 08-14-2016, 04:07 AM

529 posts, read 514,539 times
My 5 bedroom house only breaks $175 once a year. We keep dog area downstairs at 78 and vary upstairs from 76 at night to 82 during day when unoccupied. There is no way you will run that high on power bill in any modern apt.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:58 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,738,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasPlayer View Post
My 5 bedroom house only breaks $175 once a year. We keep dog area downstairs at 78 and vary upstairs from 76 at night to 82 during day when unoccupied. There is no way you will run that high on power bill in any modern apt.

Sure it can. There is alot of people in the valley living in paying around $200 to NV Energy to cool their 1000 sqft condos and apartments at 78 built in the last 10 years. Just because you have a energy efficient residence does not mean every body else in the valley does.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:57 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,826,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
...give your dog one of those plastic kid pools. Dogs love those!
Not all dogs... well at least both of mine don't

We have a pool and a kid pool (specifically bought to encourage the dogs to use).... one of them is a 3mo old pup, so there's still hope

the other guy though, I have tried many, many times, and he freaks out every time. he had a bad experience falling into an ice-cold pool many eons ago, when he was just a baby, so no hope for him now

Old 08-14-2016, 04:02 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,826,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Sure it can. There is alot of people in the valley living in paying around $200 to NV Energy to cool their 1000 sqft condos and apartments at 78 built in the last 10 years. Just because you have a energy efficient residence does not mean every body else in the valley does.
speaking of energy efficiency, our house was built in 2000, but i know it isn't as energy efficient as it should be. even though it has double pane windows, they're the cheap kind..

the glass sliding doors, i can hear cicadas from outside (at night) if i place my ear near where the door closes, as well as traffic noise

so who knows how many air-leaks i have, as well as all the other somewhat modern houses

why aren't most houses and roofs white? does that not make a difference?

Old 08-14-2016, 08:05 PM

529 posts, read 514,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
I used the word "modern" which means:

Quote:
characterized by or using the most up-to-date techniques, ideas, or equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: