Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 AM

207 posts, read 907,434 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever had experience with the lemon laws in this state? I bought a 2007 Nissan Versa about 11 months ago and I am going in tomorrow for the third time for the same problem, second time in a month. They, being Douglas Nissan, "fixed" the problem as it is a well known issue with the car. I have no confidence in the car anymore and no longer want it.

As usual, any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 06:06 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
NV's Lemon Law: When stuck with a lemon, make lemonade.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:45 PM

638 posts, read 2,244,111 times
You might need to get an attorney and quick. In your situation, I think you have to file before the vehicle is a year old.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:18 PM

17 posts, read 39,248 times
Here is Nevada's lemon law:

Nevada Lemon Law Statutes

More than half way down the page, you'll find the following description:
1. If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer, or its agent or authorized dealer is unable to conform the motor vehicle to any applicable express warranty by repair or correction and the defect or condition causing the nonconformity substantially impairs the use and value of the motor vehicle to the buyer and is not the result of abuse, neglect or unauthorized modifications or alterations of the motor vehicle, the manufacturer shall:
(a) Replace the motor vehicle with a comparable motor vehicle of the same model and having the same features as the replaced vehicle, or if such a vehicle cannot be delivered to the buyer within a reasonable time, then a comparable motor vehicle substantially similar to the replaced vehicle; or
(b) Accept return of the motor vehicle from the buyer and refund to him the full purchase price including all sales taxes, license fees, registration fees and other similar governmental charges, less a reasonable allowance for his use of the vehicle. A reasonable allowance for use is that amount directly attributable to use by the buyer before his first report of the nonconformity to the manufacturer, agent or dealer and during any subsequent period when the vehicle is not out of service for repairs. Refunds must be made to the buyer, and lien holder if any, as their interests may appear.
2. It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties where:
(a) The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, or its agent or authorized dealer within the time the express warranty is in effect or within 1 year following the date the motor vehicle is delivered to the original buyer, whichever occurs earlier, but the nonconformity continues to exist; or
(b) The motor vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days within the time the express warranty is in effect or within 1 year following the date the motor vehicle is delivered to the original buyer, whichever occurs earlier, except that if the necessary repairs cannot be made for reasons which are beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agent or authorized dealer, the number of days required to give rise to the presumption must be appropriately extended.
So, it seems like 4 times the charm. =(
Also, they have the option to give you "comparable motor vehicle of the same model and having the same features as the replaced vehicle" or a complete refund, if they can't fix it after 4 tries. This is based on my reading of the law...

Old 08-12-2008, 05:57 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
What is the problem? I had a big problem with an Alitima, its was the crank position sensor and the car would just die and stop. Nissan fixed it 3 times before I just traded it in.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:15 PM

Mine has issues with the fuel regulator. It won't turn over on the first try. The first time it wouldn't even attempt to turn over, but after turning the key, waiting, and then trying again it would start. The second time it would attempt to turn over, but couldn't until the third or fourth try. Now it's doing it again within a month of the last "fix."

Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Are you going to loose at lot of money if you trade it in? might be easier.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:02 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
that sounds like the starter or an ignition problem.. not a fuel regulator

Old 08-12-2008, 11:29 PM

638 posts, read 2,244,111 times
I think that 07 was the first year for the Versa... probably a few kinks to work out in that model. Still does not mean that you should have to settle with a lemon. I knew a lady in Pennsylvania that had multiple issues with the new beetle back in 98 or 97 when they first came out. Her car was replaced TWICE before she got one that would not stall. I believe she made way more than three or four trips to the dealership before they replaced the car. It was a friend of my moms, I'll get more details on what channels she went through to get into a working car.

If you keep throwing a big stink at the dealership they are bound to work it out with you. If not, call the local news or one of their "call to action" or "consumer watch" hotlines and tell them your story. That might get the dealer off his a**.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 PM

Not to get too into it but there are multiple technical service bulletins about the fuel regulators on all Versas through 09. I was weary of buying a first run vehicle (yes, 07 was the first year in the states), but they have been sold in other countries as the Tilda and made by Renault prior to that. I figured I had a good shot at a great car given its history, but, alas, I was very wrong.

What really stinks is that if it wasn't for these problems this would be the car I'd drive for the next 10 years. 29 mpg in the city, room enough for 4 large people, and enough storage space for a car its size. And $14.9k out the door.

Here's the thread from the Versa forums about the fuel pump problems, later to be discovered as the fuel regulator issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas