Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:32 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,146,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doworkson2442 View Post
Has any one worked at the big hotels in Las Vegas? If so whats it like working the front desk at such a big hotel? Im at a hotel with 300 rooms and it gets crazy. I cant imagin working at a hotel with 6000 rooms.
best I can do is 690 rooms in one property and 320 in the other[I'm an asst mgr in reservations] and yes it gets crazy.....especially witih some of the big properties that tend to overbook HEAVILY in order to fill up.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 08:11 PM

31 posts, read 144,874 times
Default How to get in state tution at UNLV as soon as possible.

I want to know when I can get residency at UNLV so I dont have to pay out of state tution. Im from cali so i need to get a nevada drivers license and register to nevada. I know the first year will be inevitable (out of state tution). And I also know you have to live in Vegas one year before you can get residency. I will be working 32h at a hotel, and will be taking 12 units. But the thing is I will be in the dorms my first two semesters. I will move into an apartment when the summer hits.

Responses will be greatly appreciated!!! O and im going to UNLV in one month! And want to take care of this write when i get in.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:23 PM

105 posts, read 478,440 times
Most schools I've looked at, and I've looked at a ton, will not give you in-state so long as your attending school. They claim you are in the state for schooling purposes. Most likely you will have to spend a year in nevada just working and not attending school to gain residency. Some schools are really stingy about giving in-state. You should check UNLV's policy though.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:29 PM

Whats Vegas like in the winter?

Last edited by doworkson2442; 07-20-2008 at 09:03 PM..

Old 07-20-2008, 09:18 PM

Default How are the PARTY'S at UNLV?

I just got into UNLV.What are the party's like at UNLV? If the partys suck how much is it to get into the clubs in Vegas? thanks guys!

merged: better to keep all your inquiries about UNLV in one thread. Thanks.

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-20-2008 at 10:12 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 03:10 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,695,850 times
my sister went to UNLV and outside of the interfaith center and certain fraternities, there is a pretty nonexistant social scene...

Old 07-21-2008, 03:58 PM

35 posts, read 93,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian21 View Post
Most schools I've looked at, and I've looked at a ton, will not give you in-state so long as your attending school. They claim you are in the state for schooling purposes. Most likely you will have to spend a year in nevada just working and not attending school to gain residency. Some schools are really stingy about giving in-state. You should check UNLV's policy though.

Yes. This is definitely true, especially about UNLV being extremely stingy about that. I actually had lived in Henderson for over a year without going to school or anything like that (fiancee moved here for work), and I needed to take one class at UNLV for a pharmacy pre-requisite, and even that was very difficult to get in-state tuition for. They look at your application very carefully, and if you have like one thing wrong, they decline it. I think they declined my first one because they couldn't read the signature on the copy of the drivers license or something like that. I really can't remember 'cause it was a while ago, but it was something really small and nit-picky like that (because you have to send in a ton of paperwork with the app).

But good luck with that, who knows, maybe my app was picked to be audited or something.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM

Thank you for your responses.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Getting denied admissions from UNLV??

Do you know any one who did not get into UNLV - (University of Nevada, Las vegas) and why?

Last edited by doworkson2442; 07-23-2008 at 01:40 PM..

Old 07-23-2008, 01:48 PM

395 posts, read 1,082,398 times
By your blog entry it looks like you got into UNLV. Congrants!

If you are concerned that they take everyone that applies that is not the case - however they do have an 81% acceptance rate. It is a state school so anyone who graduates from a state high school can get in automatically if they meet certian requirements (not sure what they currently are).

It looks as though you want to go for hotel management - there aren't many schools better in the nation in that major so I'd say go for it.

On a side note, if you like basketball the Runnin' Rebs are always fun to watch and are finally getting back to the days of the 80s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas