Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,340,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by know_bettor View Post
can a church be placed on a parcel that is zoned as residential?
Places of worship require a "special use permit", and can only be built on property adjecent to an "arterial", or "connector" street. Two, three, or four streets deep into a subdivision isn't going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 AM

17 posts, read 34,461 times
i'd like to bump this thread since its a few years old. las vegans living in mountains edge, do you feel safe in the area? are there more renters than home owners? do you like living in that area of vegas? is it terribly expensive? thanks!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM

11 posts, read 27,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbound77 View Post
i'd like to bump this thread since its a few years old. las vegans living in mountains edge, do you feel safe in the area? are there more renters than home owners? do you like living in that area of vegas? is it terribly expensive? thanks!

Its actually nice in Mountain's Edge. If you want to purchase, you can get a lot more of property for the dollar. Its comparatively closer to I15 and CC 215 as well as to the Airport. Its calm there. The neighborhood is also very decent and nice. Its new!
Investment property in ME will see good appreciation by 2017 if the CS index moves as predicted!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM

56 posts, read 107,397 times
I've got a property in the area. It's a convenient commuting area. I can take Durango up to the 215 or take Blue Diamond to the 15. Blue Diamond is very quick. The roads are pretty good and there's not much traffic (yet).

The area between the 215 and Blue Diamond is a mess! Lots of traffic and the roads are terrible with a lot dead ends and stop signs. And the traffic signals are terrible there too and it's quite frustrating to spend 15 minutes at a single intersection sometimes.

The Chevron gas station on the corner of Blue Diamond and Durango is one of the cheapest in town. There's a green belt near Blue Diamond that walkers, joggers, and people with dogs use for exercise and it goes all the way to Exploration Park from Durango.

The only thing I don't like is that all the California flights make lots of noise during take off over this area.

I see advantages over Summerlin for commute to the strip but the downside is the plane noise and shaking.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:04 PM

As for stores, they're a bit further out but not too far. They're near the 15 on Blue Diamond or up near the 215. That's good if you want a nice and quiet area without shoppers.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:09 PM

38 posts, read 425,043 times
With this area being a relatively new area, and being a former desert area, what is the amount of scorpions seen near or in houses?

Are they something that can be easily found in the new Mountains Edge area?

Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,839,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ0105 View Post
With this area being a relatively new area, and being a former desert area, what is the amount of scorpions seen near or in houses?

Are they something that can be easily found in the new Mountains Edge area?
The bad scorpions in Nevada are not native...they are bark scorpions from AZ. Come in with the plants.

Local desert scorpions look imposing but are hard to find and don't do much if they sting you. I have seen one in 16 years with a good bit of time in the desert.

The bark scorpion is a very local thing. Maybe four or five houses and then none in the next 100 homes.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:34 PM

I have a scorpian problem at my place at Mountains Edge. They make it into the garage and first floor. A good pest spraying makes them vanish. No problems 3 months in.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,174,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The bad scorpions in Nevada are not native...they are bark scorpions from AZ. Come in with the plants.

Local desert scorpions look imposing but are hard to find and don't do much if they sting you. I have seen one in 16 years with a good bit of time in the desert.

The bark scorpion is a very local thing. Maybe four or five houses and then none in the next 100 homes.
and the barkin keeps ya awake

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM

36 posts, read 63,742 times
I enjoy living in Mountain's Edge as well. Yes it's interesting that if I go a few blocks south it's barren desert, but I find it peaceful. There are plenty of walking/running trails and the residents I have run into are very friendly. While, nothing is extremely close, I've learned to run errands on my way home via Blue Diamond where many of the necessities are located.

On the weekends I'm not too far from Red Rock and Summerlin, but also not horribly far from the strip. And with the 215 close, Henderson is not out of range either.

I haven't had any safety or scorpion issues. Overall I really do enjoy Mountains Edge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas