Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,183,730 times

Advertisements

This is a good time to look for furniture at Colleens.....The Furniture show will be in town over the next few weeks so everything that was LEFT in the Mart goes out and most of it goes to colleens Consign and Design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 12:55 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,183,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHR View Post
Nope, that is why they call it an estimate.
as opposed to a WAG...[wild a$$ed guess]

Old 07-17-2008, 03:05 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHR View Post
Nope, that is why they call it an estimate. They underestimated us last year when they came out and it cost me an extra $500. Over all though, I was glad I chose a mover. It was one less headache to worry about. When I had considered packing up a truck or pod myself, I can tell you no one wanted to jump on the bandwagon and help us load. And of course there was no one on this end to help us unload. Our truck got here 3 days after us and had everything unloaded in around 2 hours.
Good to be aware of, thanks! As I am going through my rooms, I think I am actually paring down the list instead of adding to it. Funny how you realize that you can actually live without some of your "stuff". Not sure if I want to bring my bicycles, especially because we are in an apt right now. I still might.

Did you tip the movers?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:28 PM

278 posts, read 1,085,801 times
No I didn't tip cash since they took me for all I had But we did buy them pizza and pop.

You definitely want to bring your bikes, there are many nice areas to ride around here.

I even ended up selling more things at my moving sale that I was going to bring and my weight was still way over!! It's amazing how much our cr.. weighs

Old 07-17-2008, 04:55 PM

322 posts, read 1,272,862 times
I got my 8FT couch, Full Bed, Lazy Boy chair, computer desk, and all my other stuff in that cube. And damn it was packed full.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I got my 8FT couch, Full Bed, Lazy Boy chair, computer desk, and all my other stuff in that cube. And damn it was packed full.
Did you have to stand the couch up on its end? I would do that too, but I also have a couple dressers and nightstands+a coffee table and sofa table and boxes, and bikes. I doubt that would work and if I would have to get two, I may as well get a moving co. because it will cost the same.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:54 PM

230 posts, read 886,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

They do have to honor their estimate (the one when they come here to do a walk-thru)don't they?
It is my understanding that they DO have to honor it. The mover gave a paper with this in writing. It is called a "Not to exceed" estimate (If you are going with a reputable company, Allied, United, Mayflower, etc) (I chose Allied). That is why they tend to overestimate the weight. Now, the movers don't come to get our stuff until Aug 5th, so I'm only speaking on what I was told and what was in writing. We'll see but Allied is a very well known name and seems to have a good reputation.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:43 AM

322 posts, read 1,272,862 times
Yeah - stood it up on end, tetrise'd in the chair, and got the rest of the stuff in. Go to the UHaul store and buy shrink wrap and wrap the HECK out of everything. Dressers, couch chairs, the dog.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas