Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:02 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,168,745 times

Advertisements

but it's so much more interesting then saying "naw you can outrun em"....a 300 mph rattle snake that can scale high walls in a single leap adds to the mystery of the west.......

how else do we get movies like Slither and Arachniphobia [have never seen either]

I personally prefer to tell them that rattlesnakes are experts at picking locks and crawling in under your doors.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,485,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I personally prefer to tell them that rattlesnakes are experts at picking locks and crawling in under your doors.....
Do you also love cleaning up their turds/urine/soiled drawers after you tell them that?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Do you also love cleaning up their turds/urine/soiled drawers after you tell them that?
nope....they hafta clean their own mess....but I do enjoy watching their eyes get reallllll big......

Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,409,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
lol

I call it more like "the art of needlessly scaring the bejeezus out of folks". Trust me, some people will probably believe (and tell their friends, too) that scorpions can get to be the size of small cats. The OP actually believed it, too! Anyways, the stories Ive heard/read regarding scorpions and snakes make me want to roll on the floor and die from laughter. My personal fave was someone in AZ asked if rattlers can jump over her 6' high cinderblock fence. She apparently was told by someone else that they can perform such a feat. No wonder snakes and scorpions and spiders are so feared, all because of dumb wives tales.
You started out your pompous, nerdy, BS by pretending to be an expert on wildlife in Las Vegas when I doubt you've ever even been here. You were trying to "scare the bejeezus" out of people who are asking legitimate questions about moving here when you don't know what you're talking about. Just because you watch some TV show doesn't make you an expert. When someone tries to enter a little levity into the conversation you can't stand it. Taking everything literally is a measure of a person's mental state. I'm sure that everyone else got the joke but you as you seem to be one of those people that like to suck the fun out of everyone's world. But with all those silly emoticons that you overuse it's hard to tell if you are you making an effort to look humorous, or if you are trying to impress us with your TV show knowledge. The OP was asking questions of those of us who actually live here, not some know-it-all that hijacked the thread in order to scare people away from a place he probably couldn't find on a map. By the way, I take back my apology, and I'm finished, so take all the shots you want.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM

DA#$ Buzz I already used up my "gooddawg" awards on you earlier

Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,485,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
You started out your pompous, nerdy, BS by pretending to be an expert on wildlife in Las Vegas when I doubt you've ever even been here
Soooooo, with your retarded logic I hereby ban you from talking about Wrigley Field, since you dont live in Chicago, whether you know the stadium inside and out or not. Thats how retarded you sound. Yikes.

Quote:
Just because you watch some TV show doesn't make you an expert.
What I learned Ive learned from experts (ie Gary Polis), keeping my own venomous critters, hands-on field experience and research. Is this (below) my "TV knowledge"???? Im glad you know me so well.

Quote:
When someone tries to enter a little levity into the conversation you can't stand it. Taking everything literally is a measure of a person's mental state. I'm sure that everyone else got the joke
It would have been funny had the OP not expressed concern over your "joke". She's extremely sensitive to the issue and you feeding her BS about scorpions being "small cat sized" didnt help, did it? BTW, she DM'd me and thanked me for the info and help, something youre sure NOT to get.

Quote:
The OP was asking questions of those of us who actually live here, not some know-it-all that hijacked the thread in order to scare people away from a place he probably couldn't find on a map.
Youre the one who's trying to scare people away with your BS comments. Im here to feed the FACTS, something youre entirely incapable of. "8' rattlesnakes"? Pfft. If anyone believes the crap you write, they deserve to have their IQ lowered a few points. Whats sad and pathetic is that this Illinoisan knows A LOT more about Nevada fauna than you do. Boy, Id feel reallllly dumb right about now, no wonder youre backing out of this thread.

Quote:
By the way, I take back my apology, and I'm finished, so take all the shots you want.
Bon voyage! Watch out for those "8' rattlesnakes" and "poisonous" scorpions, too.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:09 PM

54 posts, read 165,202 times
I am deathly afraid of bugs...primarily roaches, big spiders, bees.

I have been in vegas for 25 years and have lived in some apartments that would get the outdoor black roaches that come out in summer.

For the whole summer at night (when they come out) I would be completely uncomfortable in my own home and would frequently see one in the bathroom or kitchen.

So about 3 years ago we bought an older single story house with 2 big trees in the yard. I had nightmares about bugs before we moved in. (I equate older areas/buildings with more bugs).

We do have a bug service 1x a month and I have to say I have only seen maybe 3-4 DEAD roaches in the house in 3 years which for me is great.

I also hate that wasps seem to dip into pools. I know they won't get me but I still run away when I see them.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,965,510 times
You mean they only come out in summer?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,479,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
You mean they only come out in summer?
No, but that is when you see the most activity.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,965,510 times
Darn, one can hope. I seriously,for the first time was going to wish for winter!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas