Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,684,273 times

Advertisements

IMO Las Vegas's and Clark County's parks are better than Henderson's. Sunset, Desert Breeze, and Freedom Park are the best in the valley. Liberty would be better than Basic, but many hate Liberty because of uniforms. Silverado would be better out of the 3, but there are a lot of not so nice students there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 04:20 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
IMO Las Vegas's and Clark County's parks are better than Henderson's. Sunset, Desert Breeze, and Freedom Park are the best in the valley. Liberty would be better than Basic, but many hate Liberty because of uniforms. Silverado would be better out of the 3, but there are a lot of not so nice students there.
Two thumbs up for school uniforms. They are so needed across the board. They solve a lot of problems in schools with kids thinking it's a fashion show instead of a place to learn. You don't have kids walking in looking like hookers or their pants sagging to their knees. I love school uniforms!

Old 01-22-2007, 05:25 PM

58 posts, read 312,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
Wow...couldn't disagree with you more. In my opinion Sunset is absolutely disgusting. We went down there to feed the ducks and there were more homeless people than ducks. We go down every year for the lights and it doesn't seem to get any better. I will take a nice, clean park in Green Valley any day!

Old 01-22-2007, 06:07 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Mom View Post
Wow...couldn't disagree with you more. In my opinion Sunset is absolutely disgusting. We went down there to feed the ducks and there were more homeless people than ducks. We go down every year for the lights and it doesn't seem to get any better. I will take a nice, clean park in Green Valley any day!
You have a good point. About 8-9 years ago Sunset was a great park. I used to go there and walk and it was nice and clean. Then about 6 months or so ago I took my daughter there to feed the ducks. It was not very nice anymore. I found it to be dirty and not a place I really wanted to take my kid again...

Old 01-22-2007, 09:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
And just to show I too can be a local snob the parks of the NW put all the southside stuff to shame. Try Floyd Lamb or the neighorhood parks at Lone Mountain or Mountain Crest. or the City parks at Alexander and Tenaya or even Durango north of Cheyenne which has both pool and golf course.

The NW is not shabby in the Parks dept.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:40 PM

11 posts, read 72,707 times
Henderson or Silverado? I went through this same dilemnia not to long ago. I live in Silverado, but prefer Henderson. Unfortunately the house in Henderson I was considering was smack dab in McCarren's flight path and I figured my neighbors didn't want to listen to my dogs barking every 4min!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas