Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 11:53 AM

15 posts, read 52,446 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any comments on the community at Silverado Ranch. Considering relocating there and have 2 kids, 10 and 13 so the first question is how are the schools? Any ones to stay clear of? Also how is the neighborhood? In doing research, from what I can find on greatschools.net was that Coronado High School was the best which is Anthem/Seven Hills area. The only thing that deters me from that area is that it is a little pricey and the backyards are not that big. Opinions? Other areas of suggestion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 07:02 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,954,362 times
What school is Silverado Ranch zoned for?

Old 04-19-2008, 01:55 PM

66 posts, read 327,236 times
Silverado Ranch is a vaguely huge area in the SE... there are many schools there, it is a particularly family oriented part of town. I agree that the lot sizes are too small, but seeing as though this area has been hit hard (being mostly 2002-2008s) by the real estate bust it is a good time to scoop up a house. I routinely see houses listed for under $110/sqft. Don't know if you are looking to buy or rent. There are some bigger lot neighborhoods too, but they are rarely the newer ones, mostly 90's houses have the pool sized lots. I think you would be happy there if you have a couple kids... personally, kids give me a headache, so when I drive around in that part I have a hard time picturing myself living there.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 AM

15 posts, read 52,446 times
From what I've seen, some of the schools are Silverado HS, Roberta Cartwright Elementary and Charles Silvestri. I really don't know what section to focus on. Now, I'm looking at Green Valley - As far the schools go, it would be Green Valley High School, Thuman White MS and Harriet Treem. From what I've read and trying to find out, Green Valley seems like an affordable, family-oriented neighborhood. Schools are very important to me, as well as a safe, family neighborhood - Granted we are originally from NY so no where is safe, we know but you know what I'm saying. We moved to Arizona 3 years ago and are not happy here. Husband is union plumber and can travel anywhere there's a union, and there is ALWAYS work in Vegas for him. So, any input on Green Valley, Anthem/Seven Hills (though it seems pricey) or surrounding, please let me know the scoop!

Old 04-26-2008, 04:41 AM

21 posts, read 126,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBuddy1671 View Post
Does anyone have any comments on the community at Silverado Ranch. Considering relocating there and have 2 kids, 10 and 13 so the first question is how are the schools? Any ones to stay clear of? Also how is the neighborhood? In doing research, from what I can find on greatschools.net was that Coronado High School was the best which is Anthem/Seven Hills area. The only thing that deters me from that area is that it is a little pricey and the backyards are not that big. Opinions? Other areas of suggestion?
Silverado High School is the HS. I do not know how it stacks up academically, but I live in the vicinity and have so for about 5 years. The Silverado area is family oriented. I walk my dogs in a park and see baseball, soccer, football, etc. all year round. People seem involved with their kids. Seven Hills is pricey, but a nice area. I drive by the school all the time. Seems nice. Pretty new. I think it is a good area to raise kids. Some nice parks. This is not a high crime area by any means and is a nice suburban lifestyle. Easy access to everything really. As for backyards, good luck. To get anything large you have to go a little older and even than size is relative to Vegas.

I am biased. I lived in the Summerlin area and liked it, but much prefer this side of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas