Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,666,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needrain View Post
I have just one question. Why do you want to move from Colorado Springs? The weather here is dry and hot or dry and cold.
Im not sure if Im going to move or not,Im just considering it.I really like Colorado Springs,I think its a great city.I just want to learn about Las Vegas because if I ever move away from COS I would want to move to another western city,and I think Las Vegas would be a cool city to live in.Right now Im 80-90% in favor of staying in Colorado Springs,and 10-20% of moving to Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 11:09 PM

68 posts, read 255,622 times
I would like to move to Colorado Springs. This place is too immoral for me. They advertise outside the city **** houses to go to. They have billboards in the city, if you want to make call this number. I've lived here for 3 years and I refuse to go to the strip. It's so gross to me. I want to be where the air is clean and pure in more ways than one. I've heard that it is a much nicer place to raise a family. I don't want my 4 year old growing up here. There are so many more negatives: the horrendous amount of fatal crashes, holdups at gun point, everyone seems to smoke too. Blah!! Our family moved here because my husband works for Costco and we just stay in this north end and I feel like we are hiding out until we can leave. Coming from San Diego I never hid out there--but, I also feel San Diego has gotten bad as far as crime is concerned, too.
The heat isn't that bad here. Up here in the north we haven't experienced that much crime. My husband says there are so many thieves who are customers at Costco. I heard there are a lot of Christians in COS and I love the mountains so much, so that is why I want to move there. Sorry so pessimistic, but if I ever get to leave here, I will never come back.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
I would like to move to Colorado Springs. This place is too immoral for me. They advertise outside the city **** houses to go to. They have billboards in the city, if you want to make call this number. I've lived here for 3 years and I refuse to go to the strip. It's so gross to me. I want to be where the air is clean and pure in more ways than one. I've heard that it is a much nicer place to raise a family. I don't want my 4 year old growing up here. There are so many more negatives: the horrendous amount of fatal crashes, holdups at gun point, everyone seems to smoke too. Blah!! Our family moved here because my husband works for Costco and we just stay in this north end and I feel like we are hiding out until we can leave. Coming from San Diego I never hid out there--but, I also feel San Diego has gotten bad as far as crime is concerned, too.
The heat isn't that bad here. Up here in the north we haven't experienced that much crime. My husband says there are so many thieves who are customers at Costco. I heard there are a lot of Christians in COS and I love the mountains so much, so that is why I want to move there. Sorry so pessimistic, but if I ever get to leave here, I will never come back.
Let me see if I understand this. You think the sex trade is OK in Colorado Springs becuase they don't feature it on billboards? Is that right? But because some places in Pahrump...far smaller than Colorado Springs...run their billboards in Las Vegas using the Federal Constitution as a shield...you believe that Las Vegas is worse than Colorado Springs.

Have you not been informed of the well known fact that the sex trade does better at high altitudes? And Colorado Springs is almost three times as high as Las Vegas. Do you realize what risks you are imposing on your children.

I too think we should do something about this. All those billboard trucks running through the gated neighborhoods of Aliante.

But imagine when all this hits Colorado Springs. Those poor people will not know where to turn when the Pahrump trucks start rumbling throught their neighborhoods.

Poor Colorado Springs...

Old 06-11-2008, 12:06 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,930,688 times
Quote:
You don't actually live in Vegas. You couldn't, to be so ill-informed.

1. The strip is a lot cleaner than the downtowns of most major cities. Because we have so many tourists, everything has to stay pretty clean. If the strip really was a dump like you're implying, no one would come here on vacation.

2. It's not that dangerous here. Las Vegas doesn't even rank in the the top 50 cities for violent crime. You act like Vegas is the new Detroit or something. Come on, it's not even close.

3. There are Christians and mountains here too...but then again, it's kind of hard to realize that if you spend all your time hiding out in your house.

4. The "sinful" aspects of the strip won't affect you unless you let them. Most of locals I know rarely ever gamble or go to strip clubs or anything like that...the "immoral" stuff is there for the tourists.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:32 AM

Both of you are not addressing the real issues of living here. It's not a clean place and you know it. First of all, you guys like it here in sin city. I know some Christians personally in COS and they don't see prostitution in their face there. People will break the law everywhere but the problem here is, in some parts, it is not against the law. I just hate the fact that the goverment promotes wickedness and I'm tired of it. For example, I had to go pick up friends from the airport and what a shock that was. I'm trying to find a spot while waiting, where my 4 year old won't have to look at smut , and I couldn't. Now, I know to wait outside. I'm tired of it. I guess I am from another culture where women are respected and children are protected and I'm certainly not going to change Las Vegas. Since, for the time being, it still is a free country, I will choose to go somewhere else.

Last edited by needrain; 06-11-2008 at 08:46 AM..

Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 AM

769 posts, read 2,235,338 times
I've come to the Vegas forum and I always see someone ranting about how much they hate it. A huge portion of the Vegas-bashers on this forum are people who had to relocate her because of work. The above poster is among the portion of Vegas-bashers who come here because her husband relocated there. I remember reading about another lady who said she moved there when her husband got a job there and she said she lived in Vegas for 4 years and hated it for 3 1/2 years. Another portion of the Vegas-bashers are people who themselves had to relocate there for work.

-----in fact, now that I think about it, a great deal of bashers on all the forums felt they were stuck there because either they had to relocate there themselves; their parents relocated there; or their spouses relocated. It reminds me of why I hated Minnesota when I first moved there: my dad had found a job and he moved to MN from IL and I hated it from the get-go. I was always bashing MN. It was only until later that I realized that MN was so bad for me because I chose to hate it from the start. And I'm sure that's why so many people bash Vegas. They hate this place from the start!

Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Amen!! You are right I hated it from the start. I thought I'd try to see if we could just live our lives and ignore the filth, but I think 3 years is enough time to give it a chance. I've only posted 2 things about Las Vegas on this whole forum. In fact I haven't posted anything on here for 6 months. So I could hardly call me a basher.

I've known several people who moved out of here because of the same reasons and they like it much better where they moved to. Since this is a desert, I am sure you will agree with me that the grass is greener on the other side. Ha Ha!!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 AM

769 posts, read 2,235,338 times
Quote:
amen!! You Are Right I Hated It From The Start. I Thought I'd Try To See If We Could Just Live Our Lives And Ignore The Filth, But I Think 3 Years Is Enough Time To Give It A Chance. I've Only Posted 2 Things About Las Vegas On This Whole Forum. In Fact I Haven't Posted Anything On Here For 6 Months. So I Could Hardly Call Me A Basher.

I've Known Several People Who Moved Out Of Here Because Of The Same Reasons And They Like It Much Better Where They Moved To. since This Is A Desert, I Am Sure You Will Agree With Me That The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. Ha Ha!!
Looooooooool

Old 06-11-2008, 02:42 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,930,688 times
Prostitution isn't legal in Clark County...

The only people who have problems with "wickedness" are those who choose to get caught up by it. The rest of us manage to ignore it and live perfectly normal lives. You see the occasional suggestive billboard when you go downtown, but honestly, kids are exposed to some element of "wickedness" in every city. I'm sure CO Springs has Victoria's Secret window displays in their malls. And I'm sure the same racy TV shows are on the air nation-wide.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,963,096 times
Yes, and I would like to know if the OP has ever taken her kids to a pool or beach-plenty of "goods" to see there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas