Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 12:51 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times

Advertisements

And here's another:
i
Cowboy breakfast starts the rodeo season off in retirement center

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=1233...rbGNb__nU&_rdr

Old 10-12-2022, 12:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Babyboomers2, I have found the PERFECT place for you to move.

Baptist Retirement Community Celebrates Rodeo

“We have a lot of folks that have moved here from ranches that are big and active in the rodeo community,” said Aaron Hargett, the Executive Director at Baptist Retirement. “It’s still a part of their life and once you get it in, it’s hard to get out!”

https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com...tart-of-rodeo/
And there are SEVERAL Wal-Marts plus some reservoirs for boating. What could possibly go wrong.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:01 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,545,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Even when we aren't around rodeo-friendly people, we will say "good morning" or "Hi". We can't get either where we live now. And, people here can get very shocked when I speak to them. It's like "are you talking to me, why?" type of thing. The most "clickish" city we've ever lived in.
And I’m telling you, that “unfriendliness” is pretty much the norm in Vegas. That’s why a lot of responders here, including myself, think you’ll be miserable in Vegas.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:05 PM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
So, you're renting, but, money is no object. This is not logical. I cannot comment any further.
Yes, we will be renting and money is an object, especially if the rent is really high. There are nice/safe complexes that will charge "an arm and leg" to rent an apartment. When we had a rent raise here, a number of residents moved out.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
That is not rude at all. What IS rude is to criticize others for their tastes and call them names (one trick pony) in a smug long loooong post that is really about yourself.
Where on earth did you get that we were calling anyone names? We simply stated that we don't, and aren't interested in the things I mentioned. If they like those things, good for them. Didn't call anyone anything.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
And I’m telling you, that “unfriendliness” is pretty much the norm in Vegas. That’s why a lot of responders here, including myself, think you’ll be miserable in Vegas.
Just how could we be miserable hanging out at an equestrian event at South Point? And, if Vegas was that "unfriendly", why do so many people live there and the surrounding areas?

Old 10-12-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
And there are SEVERAL Wal-Marts plus some reservoirs for boating. What could possibly go wrong.
Only one lake, locally, for boating......Lake Mead, if it isn't all dried up.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
And here's another:
i
Cowboy breakfast starts the rodeo season off in retirement center

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=1233...rbGNb__nU&_rdr
In Texas. And, my wife says "absolutely not". And, as I've said before, when the Queen says "no", others follow or lose their heads. LOL

Old 10-12-2022, 01:15 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Where on earth did you get that we were calling anyone names? We simply stated that we don't, and aren't interested in the things I mentioned. If they like those things, good for them. Didn't call anyone anything.
I think he was referring to me, BabyBoomers2.

If so, I apologize to anyone who thought I was calling BabyBoomers2 names. That was not my intent at all. BabyBoomers2 and I have had many good conversations in these forums and through DMs. In fact, one might even say we are internet friends.

BabyBoomers2, my apologies to you as well. My intent in responding to your posts is to provide information and advice in response to your many questions. I am always happy to look up links and send them along to you to help. If my replies to your questions are no longer helpful, I will stop doing so.

Good luck with your search, where ever it may lead you next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas