Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 08:57 PM

395 posts, read 274,117 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the recommendation of El Dorato Cantina. I
recently tried Juan's Flaming Fajitas on the Southwest side
which I enjoyed. Any other places I should check out?

Looking for more mom & pop or family owned authentic
places rather than chains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 09:53 PM

386 posts, read 263,140 times
I don't like establishments using the pandemic as their reason for closing. I've done curbside and takeout at the same rate during this time and I've given businesses that provide good value my disposable dollar. This place charged $18 for chips and guac. Maybe you shouldn't price out the market.

Went there once. Never went back when there are literally hundreds of great Mexican spots in the city.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:59 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,288,612 times
I heard good things about Juan's Flaming Fajitas recently. Who was mentioning them? I think I saw it on a local fb group.

A few other local favorites are Lotus of Siam, Mint Indian Bistro on Flamingo, Cornish Pasty, Komex, Monta Ramen and EAT downtown.

For tacos there's pepe's, tacos El gordo, Frijoles & Frescas, Rubio's, El Dorado cantina, Komex fushion tacos. They're all some of the best and there are too many taco options to choose from.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
I heard good things about Juan's Flaming Fajitas recently. Who was mentioning them? I think I saw it on a local fb group.

A few other local favorites are Lotus of Siam, Mint Indian Bistro on Flamingo, Cornish Pasty, Komex, Monta Ramen and EAT downtown.

For tacos there's pepe's, tacos El gordo, Frijoles & Frescas, Rubio's, El Dorado cantina, Komex fushion tacos. They're all some of the best and there are too many taco options to choose from.
I'm more of a Taco y Taco and Taco El Compita guy myself.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:09 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,136,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
I don't like establishments using the pandemic as their reason for closing. I've done curbside and takeout at the same rate during this time and I've given businesses that provide good value my disposable dollar. This place charged $18 for chips and guac. Maybe you shouldn't price out the market.

Went there once. Never went back when there are literally hundreds of great Mexican spots in the city.

You can do what you want but you're wrong.
Especially for restaurants. They make a LOT of their money on dining in. Drive through only limits their income by quite a bit. You simply can't serve as many people. And then you have people like me that don't want to
A eat cold food at home
B eat in the car
C eat outside like a peasant
D sit in a long line wasting time and gas

I like to wash my hands before and after I eat.

The only take out I've had since this started was Teriyaki madness 1 time, and KFC one time.
I went inside and ordered both times. Both places are about 5 mins from my house.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:11 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,288,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
I'm more of a Taco y Taco and Taco El Compita guy myself.
I almost mentioned Taco y Taco. lol There is another taco place in the Luxor with a similar name that is also good but you pay Strip prices for it. Still it's fun for a day that end of the Strip.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
You can do what you want but you're wrong.
Especially for restaurants. They make a LOT of their money on dining in. Drive through only limits their income by quite a bit. You simply can't serve as many people. And then you have people like me that don't want to
A eat cold food at home
B eat in the car
C eat outside like a peasant
D sit in a long line wasting time and gas

I like to wash my hands before and after I eat.

The only take out I've had since this started was Teriyaki madness 1 time, and KFC one time.
I went inside and ordered both times. Both places are about 5 mins from my house.
I'm not looking to be right or wrong. I'm simply saying they caused their own closing by overpricing for the market and not having enough reserves to weather the storm.

Old 05-04-2020, 07:25 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,656,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Thank you captain obvious. Had the trump administration acted much sooner with actual measures to prevent the virus spreading (China "ban" did very little) we wouldn't be in this mess
https://apnews.com/a758f05f337736e93dd0c280deff9b10
Hahaha what?! Why are you politicizing this? Where is this magical country in the world that has no Coronavirus cases or even very few? Even the early success stories like Singapore now have 17,000+. And you’ll note just 17 deaths, so so much for the “it’s such a deadly virus” nonsense the left continues to peddle repeatedly in spite of the science. I thought liberals were the party of science? Why do they now deny science and data and continue to panic? Because they’re just not bright people.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:43 AM

504 posts, read 601,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
I thought it was bad for what I got. I ordered the Arroz Con Pollo - Chicken breast cut into strips, sauteed with mushrooms, onions and bell peppers in a tomato sauce. Served over a bed of rice with melted jack cheese and a side of sour cream. Instead I got this gummy mashed wet looking meat mess. I'm not a snob but I didn't eat it or complain. Should have gone with enchiladas I guess. How can you mess up a staple like that right?

Some people really like it but it seemed mediocre to me. It looked forty years old too with it's smoked mirrors. Not many updates or innovation but I guess that's what people liked about it. About every local has been to it in 40 years of being open. It was also one of the only 24 hour sit down Mexican joints besides Roberto's and now there's this hipper, no GMO's, organic only, El Dorato Cantina which is just off the Strip next to the Sapphire strip club that industry workers and locals go to instead. Not to mention all the great 24 hr authentic taco shops in town. Vegas is a taco glut.

You have until May 18th to try it out curbside pickup. I won't be going for it. Too many good options to choose from here.
Would you say it's on par with Roberto's?

Old 05-04-2020, 11:38 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,684,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Thank you captain obvious. Had the trump administration acted much sooner with actual measures to prevent the virus spreading (China "ban" did very little) we wouldn't be in this mess
https://apnews.com/a758f05f337736e93dd0c280deff9b10
Members of the bed-wetting, pearl-clutching left-wing elite would have clamored for his impeachment. But you already know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: