Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2020, 05:05 AM

113 posts, read 257,655 times

Advertisements

Looking for a house with 3 bedroom 3 bath. These are currently listed on Zillow as around $3,200 to $4,000.

I heard the real estate market is slow right now because people are not spending money or going to open house.

Is there a similar slow down in the rental market as well? Should I try to haggle? If yes, how much discount should I ask for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 08:27 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Sure. Haggle. Get as much discount as you can get. I had a tenant who did just that before they signed a lease. They negotiated 4 month of 12 months lease for a 20% discount. With the offer of 4 month paid upfront. I readily agreed. She didn’t use the CV19 as a reason. She simply made a proposition. Didn’t try to make a stupid offer. And belive me I had applicants who thought I wold be doing 40% discounts with two year leases. Those were easy to decline . I liked her, she was well qualified and I would be a idiot say no. But I’m a private LL and I don’t need corporate approval

Old 04-07-2020, 03:55 PM

113 posts, read 257,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
They negotiated 4 month of 12 months lease for a 20% discount.
Hey buddy. I see your name a lot here, and I think you've helped me a bunch of times in the past. Thanks for your answers!

When you say 20% discount do you mean 20% off for the 12 months or the 4 months? I do like the strategy of pre-paying. It is something I'm prepared to do.

What's your prognosis on the OC rental and real estate market? Do you think there's going to be big changes soon?

Old 04-12-2020, 08:09 PM

252 posts, read 422,944 times
I would think that landlords would have to be very careful about who they accept as new renters due to the situation of renters not paying the rent, and living for free and cannot be evicted. Then, leave after all the legal procedures to evict are concluded. this is after several months of no rent / lease payments.

If you can qualify, and make an honest and sensible offer, and have cash up front, I would imagine the landlord will earnestly try and work with you, as they do not need more flakes and scammers.

We do not see the monthly rents dropping much, but it has been a very short time since all this charlie one niner has been
evident here in Orange County.

We rent and our lease was due to be renewed, and they jacked up the monthly 150.00 per month, we countered and had it reduced to a more fare amount. We are at the beach, pool, bbq, jacuzi, fitness center, tennis court, etc, and we had to figure in the cost of moving, and deposits, etc.

But we are under the fist of a large corporation, and that is not a good situation. A private owner sounds like the best
situation for a long term lease.

We will be looking several months ahead before this lease expires. And would like a condo, or small plex for a long term lease next year.

We just want a good owner matched up with a good property. Those are hard to find, since the tenants are staying put and not moving.

Our ideas only .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
View detailed profiles of: