Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 02:41 PM

927 posts, read 885,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You need to get out more. There are numerous neighborhoods around town that are very varied. LVCC is quite good in places, McNeil and the Scotch 80s and that whole area west of the I15.

Out to the NW the whole Lone Mountain RNP is very varied. From old beat up 60s places to gorgeous multi million mansions. And Section 10 and 4 have some wondrous homes. And there are lots of others in various places in the Valley.

There are of course also tight CA style tracts for those who need to get in without a big mortgage. But there are lots of other things available if you dig around.
They don't have these in Skye Canyon. Are you even reading the thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 02:46 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,389,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
They don't have these in Skye Canyon. Are you even reading the thread?
There are lots of places in the general area that are not in high density tracts. This is of course my home area...so I very aware of the tracts. If you want an inexpensive new home it is a good place to look but there are a whole mess of highly varied stuff along both sides of 95.
And there is lots of stuff from Centennial Hills outward. Including some reasonably nice middle density tracts.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:07 PM

1,086 posts, read 749,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Thanks but NO thanks find your own little slice of paradise in Clark County, NV.
I am glad you are happy! That's all that matters.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:00 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,675,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Why do people always want to move to the good area's anyway?
Once.

Just once.

Just one time, I'd love to see a serious post asking,

Quote:
"I'll be moving to Las Vegas this summer; please give me recommendations on run-down, drug-infested, dangerous, graffiti-covered neighborhood full of scorpions, monster cockroaches, rats, flop-houses, the homeless, and littered with used needles and condoms for me to look for a place to live. Oh - must have awful schools and allow me to keep my 4 Tibetan Mastiff dogs with no damage deposit, as I hate landlords. Price range: $100/month. "

Old 05-31-2020, 08:07 AM

126 posts, read 81,469 times
Spring Valley has lots of value, and is pretty close to the strip. But, you can't walk it.

If you want to walk to the strip, I would find something near Palace Station. That is a pretty good area.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:38 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,651,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Once.

Just once.

Just one time, I'd love to see a serious post asking,
Hahahaha yeah I just got together with a friend for the first time since January (and then I had to fly to Eugene to do it) and he makes good money working for a medical company doing IT remotely, but he’s also super cheap and frugal trying to do the whole retire early thing. So he lives in the ghetto not far from the Strip and he told me tonight he hears gunshots back and forth about once a week, drug needles on the street, people passed out from heroin overdoses, and riff raff even during the day. The Vegas he knows isn’t the one I know, needless to say. It was the last time I’ll see this guy here or maybe ever; he’s moving back to Oregon next month. Of course, he complains about his experience here and now it suddenly makes sense why so many people on this forum don’t like Vegas or complain. We may as well be living in different countries for all the difference it makes. My area is quiet, peaceful, well patrolled and upscale, a dream come true. His area sounds like living in a war zone. This isn’t a city I’d want to be poor in. I think I’d rather be poor somewhere boring like rural America honestly, at least there aren’t gangbangers.

I wouldn’t recommend being near the Strip, better to be on it in a secure building at least where you can drive out of the parking garage and go where you want, or in the suburbs further out. I also see why many locals here rarely leave their immediate area. If you’re in a good area, there usually isn’t much need to do so.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:40 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,032,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Oh great, that is all we need. Someone from Houston trying to start trouble. According to your location, you don't even live here. What do you know. The only one blathering here is you. I was replying to your post on my post. And for your information, it takes about 15-20 minutes to make it down to the Strip from many area's of the valley. If this person wants a nice place to live, they should check out the edges of the valley. Quality of life is everything. Why live close to the muck when you don't have to.
and to some people, close is different.... to me...30 minutes to the strip is close... almost too close actually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas