Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 02:11 PM

1,086 posts, read 750,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Whatever decision you make does not concern me. I have lived in this town going on for 34 years and I know which areas are nice and which are the problem areas. I love my area,it is beautiful and it is NOT Summerlin so goodluck living in town. Let me know 3 decades from now how your life is, if you are still here.
Oh great. Which area is yours? We are trying to be open to the whole city. Own a home in Summerlin but not set on moving into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 03:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,401,462 times
Most convenient neighborhood to the strip and livable is the Las Vegas Country Club (LVCC). Guard gated and verdant inside. Safe. Surrounding neighborhoods are sketchy.

Another more conventional neighborhood would be 89123 - Silverado Ranch. Conventional but some very nice tracts.

There are also some very nice higher end homes across I15, Alta and Sahara/ Scotch 80s and McNeil for instance.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:52 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,498,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Oh great. Which area is yours? We are trying to be open to the whole city. Own a home in Summerlin but not set on moving into it.
Thanks but NO thanks find your own little slice of paradise in Clark County, NV.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:05 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,325,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaWestCMH View Post
LOL. You may as well have said look ANYWHERE in the valley. Skye Canyon is as far from the Strip as you can get.

May as well just look anywhere. Why do people always want to move to the good area's anyway? The bad area's are cheaper.
I love Skye canyon. Later on, they will probably build past it and ruin it's "edge of the valley" feel like they did to Aliante. At one time, it was as far as you could go, and some people complained about that then.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:08 AM

139 posts, read 170,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
May as well just look anywhere. Why do people always want to move to the good area's anyway? The bad area's are cheaper.
I love Skye canyon. Later on, they will probably build past it and ruin it's "edge of the valley" feel like they did to Aliante. At one time, it was as far as you could go, and some people complained about that then.

What are you blathering about? The thread specifically asks for neighborhoods close to the Strip and you're suggesting a community 20 miles away.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:13 AM

927 posts, read 886,737 times
Quote:
What are you blathering about? The thread specifically asks for neighborhoods close to the Strip and you're suggesting a community 20 miles away.
People in the NW love to talk about how close to the strip they are. They create an illusion of truth.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:11 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,325,561 times
Quote:

Oh great, that is all we need. Someone from Houston trying to start trouble. According to your location, you don't even live here. What do you know. The only one blathering here is you. I was replying to your post on my post. And for your information, it takes about 15-20 minutes to make it down to the Strip from many area's of the valley. If this person wants a nice place to live, they should check out the edges of the valley. Quality of life is everything. Why live close to the muck when you don't have to.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:12 PM

927 posts, read 886,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If this person wants a nice place to live, they should check out the edges of the valley. Quality of life is everything. Why live close to the muck when you don't have to.
Maybe people don't want to live on a postage stamp lot with no privacy or landscaping, 20 miles away from the strip, in a house that looks the same as everything else in the subdivision? Maybe they don't want to be in an HOA? Quality of life is everything.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:26 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,401,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Maybe people don't want to live on a postage stamp lot with no privacy or landscaping, 20 miles away from the strip, in a house that looks the same as everything else in the subdivision? Maybe they don't want to be in an HOA? Quality of life is everything.
You need to get out more. There are numerous neighborhoods around town that are very varied. LVCC is quite good in places, McNeil and the Scotch 80s and that whole area west of the I15.

Out to the NW the whole Lone Mountain RNP is very varied. From old beat up 60s places to gorgeous multi million mansions. And Section 10 and 4 have some wondrous homes. And there are lots of others in various places in the Valley.

There are of course also tight CA style tracts for those who need to get in without a big mortgage. But there are lots of other things available if you dig around.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:31 PM

26,261 posts, read 49,168,003 times
Quality of life matters to a lot of people. Defining "quality of life" is in the eye of the beholder, in this case that's blueson, the OP, and he defined it as not a run-down crime-ridden area and a location "close" to the strip. What does close mean? He didn't say. That being the case, we have no basis to argue quality of life. Best we can do is point him towards nice communities and let him choose whatever degree of "proximity" fits his case.

Small lots are fine with many people. For many of us the term "quality of life" translates out to "no shared walls." We do not want to smell whatever they smoke or cook, nor do we want to hear any noise. A mere ten feet between homes is as good as a mile. Works for me here in the ever-brown, tightly-packed Phoenix exurbs.

If bleuson wants to clarify, he will. There's a lot to choose from in LV, let's steer him to nice areas and let him take his pick.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas