Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:36 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,406,172 times

Advertisements

Increasingly, I have been seen more cops patroling the new section of US 95!

There seem to be certain spots where cops with radar guns like to hang out and hide.

Here is a site where you can register such speed traps:

The Speed Trap Exchange
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM

22 posts, read 67,899 times
Every A.M. northbound at Lake Mead. That's a flat out trap. My wife travels that section at about 8 A.M. There's police there almost everyday. There's another that roams around in the Jones to Decatur area as well. I've also seen a few unmarked police as well now too.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:38 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,401,749 times
The other day I heard on TV only that the cops were cracking down on dangerous drivers. I didn't hear the whole story, but since then I've seen what seems like a lot more cops handing out a lot more tickets. My wife got a speeding ticket on Alta the other night and it cost $300.00. She called and paid it by phone. No more lower fees for going to traffic school and you can do traffic school on line now to keep it off your record.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:42 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,161,398 times
Alta is gettin THICK with cops....I have to drive it every day and even "I" am starting to drive the speed limit

My wife got a speeding ticket a few months back on Alta.....Cop called her "hotrod".....she ran into him a couple of weeks later [not for speeding just a chance encounter] he said "Hi Hotrod".....now THAT is gettin a rep.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:01 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,708,391 times
Well on that new stretch of 95 they lowered the already artificial low speed limit there. Few know about it so the cats know they can prey on their mice who are unaware. They are getting lots more sugar energy these days with all the new Dunkin Donuts opening across the valley.

A dozen years ago you would never even see radar here. It was a free-for-all out there. While just the sheer volume of traffic today prevents going over the artificially low limits, there are breaks in traffic where people pick it up a little and BANG they get caught......oops I mean extorted out of their hard earned money.

I been calling this a police state for a while now but has anyone noticed the Henderson coppers? I notice many of them are riding in full military fatigues. So this may be a step towards a military rule state maybe? Adolf Hitler has the answer I think.

Finally I have to rant about the cops out there who are all, not a few, all breaking all the silly little laws that they are jambing down our throats. When was the last time any of us saw a cop doing the speed limit? Never, because they dont. How about rolling stop signs? They never stop. How about open fire on us citizens? Yes it is open season on us peons. And with that laughable Coroners inquest crap they have, the coppers are completely exempt from the very laws they jamb down our throats. They get away with murder.

In the last 30 years since the Coroners office has kept records, there have been just over 100 cop shootings of unarmed innocent citizens. Never since Clark County was incorporated has a cop ever been held criminally responsible for the murder he commited. Only one time actually in 1976 was one convicted. It was overturned in 30 days. Some Kangaroo court huh?

Instead of them harrassing us for doing a few over the artificial limit they should be taking on these red light runners. That is the real danger. That is contributing more to the fatal statistics then even drunk driving. But red light runners are not a priority here. When was the last time any one of us saw a copper watching an intersection........................ I know I agree.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:06 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,708,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Alta is gettin THICK with cops....I have to drive it every day and even "I" am starting to drive the speed limit

My wife got a speeding ticket a few months back on Alta.....Cop called her "hotrod".....she ran into him a couple of weeks later [not for speeding just a chance encounter] he said "Hi Hotrod".....now THAT is gettin a rep.
You know what else bothers me about Alta? That criminal Michael McDonnald did not like people driving fast near his home. Poor baby. But he had the power back then. So he had at tax payers expense the whole stretch of Alta torn up and made it in a S squiggly pattern complete with islands and trees in the middle of the road and lowerd the limit from 35 to a mind boggling creeping turtle 25. Why when this bum was found to be stealing and doing shady things while on Council did the next politico who took his place not tear it back up and make a normal road out of it again?

Politics as usual around here.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:28 PM

638 posts, read 2,247,551 times
Seems to me that you have to be going pretty fast to actually get pulled over. Ive seen people breeze by motorcycle cops with radar guns doing 10 or 15 over the limit on Bermuda Drive and they didnt seem to blink an eye. Thats another trap, Bermuda between Warm Springs and Silverado Ranch.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:01 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You know what else bothers me about Alta? That criminal Michael McDonnald did not like people driving fast near his home. Poor baby. But he had the power back then. So he had at tax payers expense the whole stretch of Alta torn up and made it in a S squiggly pattern complete with islands and trees in the middle of the road and lowerd the limit from 35 to a mind boggling creeping turtle 25. Why when this bum was found to be stealing and doing shady things while on Council did the next politico who took his place not tear it back up and make a normal road out of it again?

If I remember correctly that was a vastly more powerful group behind that then Mr. McDonald. In fact he was more the gofer for the group. Those who live along Alta represent a significant force in the City. And they clearly had their way.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

DA$% AGAIN we agree.......and I got to tell him that when he came up panhandeling for a vote the last time he ran....

Old 04-05-2008, 10:08 PM

Michaels mommy and daddy live a block off of Alta right in the neighborhood....the GOOD thing about it is that the people that pushed this...can no longer get into traffic on Alta cause it backs up too far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: