Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:08 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Michaels mommy and daddy live a block off of Alta right in the neighborhood....the GOOD thing about it is that the people that pushed this...can no longer get into traffic on Alta cause it backs up too far
I think what you are saying is when they redesigned this road their hope was that all the traffic would find alternate routes and avoid their precious neighborhood.

That did not work. No one changed their route to work. Instead they just sit in traffic and the locals cant get out of their driveways.

I think what olecapt was referring to earlier about McDonalds cronies was probably that golf course or that there sports complex on Rampart. Im not sure the whole truth ever came from that. I do know McDonald had more to do with it then he was ever accused of. That whole thing was tied to the Alta boondoggle wasnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,625 times
You know...most cops are honorable hard-working people who put their lives on the line EVERY day to keep us safe. True, there are some bad apples among the coppers, just as there are in any profession. So, who's the first people you call when you're in trouble? The police. How much do you think your life would be worth if there were no police? 5 cents? A dime? A dollar? What? I know for a fact that when there is a concentration of police on a particular road, its because there have been more accidents, etc. on that road. The police are there to get things under control so you and your family will be safer traveling that road. You go be a police officer for a day, see what kind of people you have to deal with, and then come back here and complain about policemen. Why don't you quit complaining and just live your life by being an honorable member of society. Or better yet, trash me for putting down your stupid complaints.

Oh and by the way, I am not a policeman.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:05 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne55 View Post
You know...most cops are honorable hard-working people who put their lives on the line EVERY day to keep us safe. True, there are some bad apples among the coppers, just as there are in any profession. So, who's the first people you call when you're in trouble? The police. How much do you think your life would be worth if there were no police? 5 cents? A dime? A dollar? What? I know for a fact that when there is a concentration of police on a particular road, its because there have been more accidents, etc. on that road. The police are there to get things under control so you and your family will be safer traveling that road. You go be a police officer for a day, see what kind of people you have to deal with, and then come back here and complain about policemen. Why don't you quit complaining and just live your life by being an honorable member of society. Or better yet, trash me for putting down your stupid complaints.

Oh and by the way, I am not a policeman.
Oh man we dont buy that hogwash. Have you ever been pulled over? Have you ever been treated with any respect? No. I know they put up with all kinds of crap, all kinds of bad people but that is no excuse to treat innocent citizens like they do. In the Acadamy one class they take is to teach them culture intolerance. They are suppose to learn to leave the last bad guy behind and treat their next encounter with respect until given another reason not to. Also not to take their job home and take it out on their family but that is another thread.

I can well assure you they are not sitting on the side of the road to get things under control and protect us like you said. It is nothing more then a revenue raising gauntlet. If protecting the public was on top of their list then they would be trying to stop the dangerous drivers like the red light runners. But they dont do they. When was the last time you saw them watching an intersection for red light runners?

I am an honorable member of society like you requested. But we are also their boss. We pay them. The day they start paying my salary is the day I will address them as Sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: