Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 07:05 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,151,833 times

Advertisements

I drive out to the Village Square Regal theater every now and then and usually arrive early. Most times I just mosey over to the Thai restaurant next to the theater and order a tea and sit with a book. Yesterday (Sunday 10-21-208) I started to walk around and found the Sahara West Library was a couple minutes walk to the west - almost next door. A nice place to just hang out if you're in the area. They had a local artists work in the gallery that was pretty cool.

pic of a tree along the way

Last edited by oeccscclhjhn; 10-22-2018 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 07:13 AM

158 posts, read 175,689 times
Default Beautiful Library

[quote=oeccscclhjhn;53429858]I drive out to the Village Square Regal theater every now and then and usually arrive early. Most times I just mosey over to the Thai restaurant next to the theater and order a tea and sit with a book. Yesterday (Sunday 10-21-208) I started to walk around and found the Sahara West Library was a couple minutes walk to the west - almost next door. A nice place to just hang out if you're in the area. They had a local artists work in the gallery that was pretty cool.

It is a beautiful library. The art is regularly rotated. The West Sahara and Summerlin Libraries are my children and my favorites. Enjoy!

Old 10-25-2018, 10:01 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,373,552 times
There is a very nice Car & Art Show at Village Square every third Thursday of the month. Runs from about 6 until 9 pm. Our club, the Southern Nevada Camaro Club, is there along with a couple hundred other nice rides. There are art displays, raffles, and occasionally exotic animals that they allow you to pet (if you're so inclined) and photograph.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:37 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,706 times
Sahara West Library and Fine Arts Museum is beautiful. I love the architecture, the different exhibits in the museum, the metal sculpture up front and also there is a spiral garden with desert landscaping adjacent to the entrance. Love that place especially during Spring and early Summer when all the Acacia trees are blooming, smells really nice during those times. If you walk a half a block West on Sahara, you will reach another commercial center with Sprouts, Homegoods, Canes, TJ Max, Burlington....

Old 10-26-2018, 04:49 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,706 times
Archis Thai restaurant is always busy at Village Square, another decent restaurant is the Japanese restaurant two doors down. Enso Tea Bar serve delicous teas of many variations.

Trunk or Treat at Village Square is always fun for the kids and adults. Candy for the kids and nice classic cars for adults. For those who missed the Trunk or Treat at Village Square, head on this Saturday at Tivoli Village for their Day of the Dead Festival. A nice Halloween Trunk or Treat Festival, don't miss it. Classic cars and candies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas