Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,510 posts, read 15,134,280 times

Advertisements

The former movie theatre at the Augusta West Plaza is finally coming back to life.. No word if the plans include a new movie theatre yet.. The Village at Riverwatch had the first Starplex Cinema in the state before the recession halted the construction back in 2008.. The VAR will probably attract another movie theatre in the future.. Do you think a movie theatre at the Augusta West Plaza could survive? They're building several new homes off Belair rd, Jimmie Dyess, Gordon Hwy(btw Jimmie Dyess-Grovetown), and new condos off Augusta West Pkwy which could help support the theatre...

Morton Construction; Centro NP Aug West Plaza LLC, 1323 Augusta West Parkway, Augusta, renovations, value unavailable

1323 Augsta West Parkway - Augusta West Plaza - Augusta West Plaza, Augusta, GA 30909
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:09 PM

Raceway, Kids Party Center, WJBF-NBC Augusta studios, and now the renovation of the largest space in the plaza.... The Augusta West Plaza is doing pretty good in the year 2011..

Construction Roundup | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 12-17-2011, 10:14 AM

2,220 posts, read 3,397,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The former movie theatre at the Augusta West Plaza is finally coming back to life.. No word if the plans include a new movie theatre yet.. The Village at Riverwatch had the first Starplex Cinema in the state before the recession halted the construction back in 2008.. The VAR will probably attract another movie theatre in the future.. Do you think a movie theatre at the Augusta West Plaza could survive? They're building several new homes off Belair rd, Jimmie Dyess, Gordon Hwy(btw Jimmie Dyess-Grovetown), and new condos off Augusta West Pkwy which could help support the theatre...

Morton Construction; Centro NP Aug West Plaza LLC, 1323 Augusta West Parkway, Augusta, renovations, value unavailable

1323 Augsta West Parkway - Augusta West Plaza - Augusta West Plaza, Augusta, GA 30909
I don't think it will survive but it can be good office build or school.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM

A school in the middle of a shopping center?? I'm not sure if having a 37k sq. ft. office building would work either..

Keep in mind several homes, neighborhoods, etc have been built close by since 2006... Plus the Augusta Exchange was viewed as the 'new' theatre back in 2006, but it's not anymore..

Old 12-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Raceway, Kids Party Center, WJBF-NBC Augusta studios, and now the renovation of the largest space in the plaza.... The Augusta West Plaza is doing pretty good in the year 2011..

Construction Roundup | The Augusta Chronicle
I meant to say the second largest space in the plaza... The Burlington space takes up 80k sq. ft. of the plaza..

Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 AM

2,220 posts, read 3,397,096 times
Quote:
I meant to say the second largest space in the plaza... The Burlington space takes up 80k sq. ft. of the plaza..
What about a very small Philip plaza mall that have high end stores and they will need to buy the lots beside them and use it for cheese cake factory. It don't have to have alot of high end but something different then augusta mall. I know you probably saying two mall down the street from one another wont work but it will work like Lenox and Philip Plaza and they alot bigger. The name of the mall could be West End or Augusta west mall. Think about when travelers google augusta they will come across the West End Mall they will be like when augusta build that mall. Then all the other stores sale will go up even more because of the traffic the mall will bring. The AWP already have a Burlington, Citi Trend, and etc.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:03 PM

I think the majority of the new higher end stores will come to the VAR.. The Augusta West Plaza is just too small(200k sq. ft.), and wasn't originally built for the upscale crowd(i.e Surrey Center)... The surrounding demographics are majority middle/upper middle class, but the Augusta Mall, Augusta Exchange area, Kroger Shopping Center, and the TJ Maxx shopping center are within a short distance(2-3 miles)...

The movie theatre space is close to 40k sq. ft. and offers several possibilities..

Old 12-23-2011, 10:07 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,656,990 times
Quote:
Plus the Augusta Exchange was viewed as the 'new' theatre back in 2006, but it's not anymore..
Personally, I won't go to the movies after dark in the Augusta Exchange. Not found of it in daylight either. Too many issues in the parking lot.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Personally, I won't go to the movies after dark in the Augusta Exchange. Not found of it in daylight either. Too many issues in the parking lot.
Why? That's one of the safest shopping areas in the entire metro by far...

Old 12-24-2011, 03:03 PM

124 posts, read 242,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
What? I've went to that theater on a weekly basis during the summer and didn't have any problems, pretty much the only problems I've heard of was from kids misbehaving while waiting for their parents to pick them up, but since kids under 18 can't see a movie later at night anymore, that's not a problem.

((This is EastsideDave by the way, I can't remember any of the log in info for my previous account, hopefully I don't get in trouble for this))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area