Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 02:29 PM

215 posts, read 601,193 times

Advertisements

The website has made some changes. It has added bass pro shops to it. And talks about alexander road being widening which is happening now. Costco is not up on the website yet. Some of the stores that will be apart of the center. Are now up on the signs outside the development advertising it.

Site | Village at Riverwatch | The MGHerring Group
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM

148 posts, read 263,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrat View Post
The website has made some changes. It has added bass pro shops to it. And talks about alexander road being widening which is happening now. Costco is not up on the website yet. Some of the stores that will be apart of the center. Are now up on the signs outside the development advertising it.

Site | Village at Riverwatch | The MGHerring Group
I read that the deadline for Bass to build at that site was that the developer had to have the foundation complete by November. I drove there on Sunday, and there was no sign of activity.

With current capitol markets being what they are, I wonder if this will have to wait until the next economic cycle. The same goes for a lot of the other planned projects like the Watermark, the Tee Center, Sibley Mill, etc. I hope I am wrong.

The only project that I can see some visible progress being made is Marshall Square where internal roads are being constructed. I understand a Chili's and a Hotel will be the first to go up.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
We're getting Bass Pro Shops. I've seen the site plan for this development and it has it listed as the first thing built: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...WS01/808170325

Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
I think the Villages at Riverwatch is dead in the water.. like The Watermark.
Costco and Bass Pro will likely still build in Augusta but probably another location.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:38 AM

Even Spartanburg, SC has a Costco. Why is taking so long for Augusta to get one?

Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Even Spartanburg, SC has a Costco. Why is taking so long for Augusta to get one?
Because Augusta has always been about 10 years behind other cities in the region. Augusta didn't even get a regular Starbucks (one not located in a Barnes and Noble bookstore) till about 2005.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:44 PM

53 posts, read 138,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaTruth View Post
Because Augusta has always been about 10 years behind other cities in the region. Augusta didn't even get a regular Starbucks (one not located in a Barnes and Noble bookstore) till about 2005.
True that. Now they are popping up like flies. It's every big box retail lover's dream come true!

I have been trying to find out about whether the Costco is still coming but have been unsuccessful in finding any new information.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaTruth View Post

Oh so not having a Costco makes a city behind the times. There there are plenty of business that Augusta has that can't be found in other cities and vice versa. I don't see the need for all of this competition.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 PM

110 posts, read 320,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
We're getting Bass Pro Shops. I've seen the site plan for this development and it has it listed as the first thing built: Greer commercial project could create 2,000 jobs | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News
G-Man, I serously don't understand why you still post in here, but from the article you posted:
"Larry Whiteley, a Bass Pro spokesman said the company, "Won't talk about any speculation or anything like that until they're ready to announce." He said he didn't know whether the Greer site was being considered."

That doesn't sound like it's a sure thing. Also, why is it a big deal if we have a star bucks or a cost-co? I'd much rather have something cool like 'The 40-Watt' than just another big box retailer.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
G-Man, I serously don't understand why you still post in here, but from the article you posted:
"Larry Whiteley, a Bass Pro spokesman said the company, "Won't talk about any speculation or anything like that until they're ready to announce." He said he didn't know whether the Greer site was being considered."

That doesn't sound like it's a sure thing. Also, why is it a big deal if we have a star bucks or a cost-co? I'd much rather have something cool like 'The 40-Watt' than just another big box retailer.
I have the site plan. That's how I know they're coming. It starts construction in 2009 according to news article. When does Village at Riverwatch start construction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area