Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:28 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,486,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Where in Florida are you headed? We moved to Florida in June and so far so good. I have another property to sell in Vegas which may happen as early as November.
What has you considering Nov. versus springtime, airics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 06:19 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,028,049 times
My tenant lied to me. First when we got here..it was a small repair (250). Never told me about it, just took it out of the rent. Then this month he took 700 off. I was not pleased. I asked for receipts..they totaled 700 but I contacted the company..they only charged him 419. They also told me multiple families were living in the hose which the tenant refused to answer. I would have sold with my other home, but the lease ends October 16. I am expecting to fly out, replace all carpet, add tile, etc

Old 09-18-2018, 07:46 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,893,192 times
Over 10,000 baby boomers retire each day, and that number is going to do nothing but go up.

And Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Florida will get their unfair share of those retirees, supporting the local 55+ communities, health care facilities, and other age-sensitive sectors.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:07 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,486,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
My tenant lied to me. First when we got here..it was a small repair (250). Never told me about it, just took it out of the rent. Then this month he took 700 off. I was not pleased. I asked for receipts..they totaled 700 but I contacted the company..they only charged him 419. They also told me multiple families were living in the hose which the tenant refused to answer. I would have sold with my other home, but the lease ends October 16. I am expecting to fly out, replace all carpet, add tile, etc
Yikes. Sounds like a big headache. That tenant sounds like a winner...good luck sorting all that out. Smart idea contacting the company to verify.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:15 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,035,929 times
Quote:
Over 10,000 baby boomers retire each day, and that number is going to do nothing but go up.
Until it goes down.

Quote:
And Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Florida will get their unfair share of those retirees, supporting the local 55+ communities, health care facilities, and other age-sensitive sectors.
America's wealthiest age group. Good for us, bad for California.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:12 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,753,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Until it goes down.

Somewhere around 2030 the boomers will all have turned 65.

Approximately 43,800,000 people if the 10k a day holds.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:25 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,557,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Until it goes down.

Not all retirees in California have the need or want to move. Most of those I know, my parents included, are staying right where they are.

They love being an hour's drive from the coast, being near good medical facilities and being near the Disney resorts, Legoland, Universal Studios, Six Flags, Sea World and other places where they can take the grandkids for a day or two.

The only retirees that end up leaving the state, are the ones that -- quite frankly -- we could simply do without:

The flashy, in-your-face, uneducated New Money types who burn through their savings and mortgage themselves into oblivion. Then they conveniently blame their financial woes on having to pay taxes, but never their own pi$$-poor decisions. It's the same "song and dance" repeated over and over.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:41 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,814,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Not all retirees in California have the need or want to move. Most of those I know, my parents included, are staying right where they are.

They love being an hour's drive from the coast, being near good medical facilities and being near the Disney resorts, Legoland, Universal Studios, Six Flags, Sea World and other places where they can take the grandkids for a day or two.

The only retirees that end up leaving the state, are the ones that -- quite frankly -- we could simply do without:

The flashy, in-your-face, uneducated New Money types who burn through their savings and mortgage themselves into oblivion. Then they conveniently blame their financial woes on having to pay taxes, but never their own pi$$-poor decisions. It's the same "song and dance" repeated over and over.
I thought the rules in this country forced you to move to Florida if you haven't moved out of California by the time you are 80, is that not the case?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:42 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,753,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post

LOL @ the inaccuracy. I meet a lot of ex-Calis here and none of them match your description. You seem to have an attitude....

I have yet to understand why someone who lives in California spends so much time in the LV forum. Are the CA forums that boring?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:48 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,557,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
LOL @ the inaccuracy. I meet a lot of ex-Calis here and none of them match your description. You seem to have an attitude....

I have yet to understand why someone who lives in California spends so much time in the LV forum. Are the CA forums that boring?
Same reason you guys come over to the California forums. We're neighboring states and our economy here directly effects yours. It's not that big of a deal to most people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas